Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Cassie's Journal - May 20, 2014



Another beautiful, hot summer-like day; and we were again too busy with school and work to enjoy much of it!

I’m not saying that we didn’t have any fun, and we did get to spend some time outdoors; but doing chores around the house isn’t the same as canoeing, biking, or playing with our friends and family.

While a lot of the teens are still in denial; the final exam preparation continued in our classes today.  To be honest, that isn’t very exciting for me since another review of material I learned back when I was a toddler isn’t exactly challenging; but that’s not really news either when I go through the same thing every year.  Moving along, other than another football-filled lunch break that kept Michael and Tim busy while Rowen and I just relaxed and enjoyed the sunshine while chatting with our friends; it was a quiet day at school.  We had the seniors back for band practice, and we worked a bit harder to get ready for the Memorial Day parade – which would be the last band activity for some of our Grade Twelve band mates.

That practice went a bit long, so we had less time to study at the computer store – and lost a bit more time when it took a while to drag Tim away from the football field.  We didn’t have any projects or assignments due that weren’t done already; so we were at least able to use the time to study for our exams – though that was more for Tim’s benefit than for Michael, Rowen, or me.  Michael and I moved on to his house in time for dinner after a short stop at mine to check in with Mom and have a micro-visit with Ethan and Ehlana.

This may be shocking, but they occasionally have an easy-dinner night at Michael’s house when Jacob is there; and tonight was one of those rare events.  Jacob, Miranda, Jake, and Stephanie had all been working around the house off and on all day; and they’d decided to just grill some burgers and have cold salads and snacks on the side.  With everything else we’d had on the go already; Michael and I barely made it there in time to sit down and eat.  That little break was fun, but then we were put to work right away; and we helped out until Miranda decided that they were pretty much ready for their weekend guests at about the same time it was getting dark.

Michael walked me home then, and we had a fun little break to say goodnight to each other out by the river before I went inside and he went home again.  In case I haven’t mentioned this enough; I really love those romantic little moments by the river.  Ethan and Ehlana are getting ready for final exams now too – for their second freshman semester of college; so they were still in the office with Mom and working when I met up with them.  Any time I start wishing that I didn’t have to always play at being a Grade Eight student, I can at least be glad that I didn’t have to juggle daycare days with college work when I was their age.  They do have fun with their friends, but it’s still sometimes tough for them – especially when they have to put work that they’re interested in on hold.

Mom had them wrap up their work for the night while we had a little chat; and then we all went upstairs for the night.  Mom and I did the bedtime routine with the twins first; and then we were both ready for a little Jacuzzi time and just opted to skip my Magi lesson for a night.  That gave me more time for my studies and work, and including the multi-tasking tub time; I’ve been working on my computer for the past four hours.  I’ve had enough fun for the day, though, and I’ll be switching over to helping Mom with the work at our house tomorrow night.  Violet’s been helping her during the day, but with everything they have on the go – including getting back to Violet’s Magi training – there is still a lot to get done.

Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I will also have our first extra study buddies for exams after school tomorrow too; which is why we’ll do that here instead of at the conference room at Landry’s or Tim’s house.  Mom has coed baseball practice tomorrow night too; so it is really going to be a non-stop action kind of day.

I am going to wrap this up now, but in case you’re wondering why I haven’t mentioned spending any time with Violet tonight; that’s because she’s been with Dillon and his family tonight – and didn’t make it home.  As far as I know, that wasn’t a planned sleepover, so she’s either keeping a few things at his house; or will be shopping in Isabelle’s closet for something to wear in the morning.  Either way, I hope they’re having a good night, and as always; Michael and I will appreciate the precedents our favorite older teens are setting for us!

It’s past-time for my nap; so, until next time…

…Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!