Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, May 26, 2014

Cassie's Journal - May 25, 2014



This is going to be very short because it’s been a really long day; and I had to wait to write this until after Jaimie and Kaitlyn finally fell asleep.  Mandy and I have Jaimie with me and Violet has Kaitlyn.

We’ve had a few thunderstorms roll through today, but the rest of the day was pretty good; and we even managed to dodge most of the wet when we were playing or outdoors.  Tai Chi by the river was great; breakfast with Michael’s family was awesome; and the rest of the pre-church activity was non-stop crazy.  The teens led the service; so that was a blast too; and then I went straight to the Inn with Michael and his family so that we could get everything ready for the first of four buffet sittings.  That took crazy-busy to a new level, and kept at that level for the rest of the day – for almost everyone working at the Inn.

That didn’t quite include me, because I went home after everything was cooked for the first buffet and the second wave of food went out.  We had a big family canoe adventure for an hour and a half or so; and then I cleaned up and went back to the Inn.  From then until the last wave of food went out for the fourth buffet; the only break that Michael and I took was to have a quick dinner with our families during the third buffet.  Rebecca and Michael were set free when I was too; but they went home to hang out with their family while I needed to go on to my house to hang out with Jaimie and Kaitlyn.  Dawn’s spending the night with Aunt Grace and Uncle Mark; while Chris and Martin spent most of the evening hanging out with some friends before taking over the lounge for gaming an hour or so ago.

Before that, it was kid and teen movie night in the lounge; and then Jaimie and Kaitlyn took turns in my Jacuzzi.  Violet and I helped them with a pair of mini-makeovers; and then we sat on my bed and had a nice long girl chat until Kaitlyn finally ran out of steam and let Violet take her off to bed.  Jaimie lasted a bit longer as we cuddled with Mandy and watched some videos on YouTube; but a couple of pop ballads finally put her to sleep and gave me a chance to get my usual bedtime computing done.

The weather forecast is for more rain and thunderstorms tomorrow; but I hope it’ll be like today with short rain spurts instead of long stretches of wet.  Getting rained on while playing with the band in the parade wouldn’t be fun for sure; though ‘fun’ isn’t the right word for participating in a Memorial Day parade anyway.  Whether our town picnic will be at the park or school will be a set-up time decision in the morning; so we won’t know until then what we’ll end up doing.

I do want to be ready for another busy, amazing day with my family, friends, and neighbors; so that’s all I have for today.  Until next time…

…Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!