Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Cassie's Journal - May 3, 2014



Before I get to the news of the day, let’s do a family pregnancy update now so I don’t skip it again.

Aunt Deborah and Aunt Grace are both coming up on two months now; so they’re both in the middle of the whole morning sickness and mood swing phase.  That sucks for both of them; but the good news is that they should each be nearly done with the worst of that in time for summer – if not by the next holiday weekend.  It’s a bit easier for Aunt Deborah than for Aunt Grace; though that isn’t necessarily because it’s her second pregnancy – she didn’t have as many problems with Leah either.

I haven’t been helping either moms-to-be, but they do have lots of support from other members of our collective families and friends – just as Mom and Aunt Leanne did when it was their turns over the past few years.  While Aunt Deborah and Aunt Grace shouldn’t have to deal with morning sickness this summer, they will be in the second trimester of their pregnancies during the hottest months of the year; so we’ll all need to help them out with that – even if for me that could just mean babysitting Leah or helping out with yard work at their homes.

No, I have no idea how I’ll do any of that along with everything else I expect to have on the go this summer; but I will do what I can.

That’ll do for the mommy and baby news for now, but I should add that I skipped Uncle Adam’s new vehicle news last night too.  Michael and I got to see his new minivan while at Leah’s party, and while it really is just a newer version of Mom’s minivan, it is very nice; and he’s happy with it so far – though he hasn’t exactly driven it around much yet.  Aunt Leanne is making fun of the situation, and complaining about them getting old and domesticated; but I’m also sure that she’ll enjoy the extra space when hauling Zack around and doing groceries and shopping trips.  The entertainment center will definitely make trips with Zack easier!

Moving on to the news of the day, I really don’t have all that much to write about.  Tai Chi by the river felt like coming home all over again.  Dad cooked up a big breakfast that was as much to welcome me home as it was to fuel us up for a work day.  Michael stayed for that so we could both hear more about what Ethan and Ehlana had been doing all week while we were away; but then he went home to do some chores there too before needing to head over to the Inn in time to help out with the lunch rush.  I helped out with the kitchen cleanup, and then joined Dad outside for our yard work adventure.  Seven hours of work with just three short breaks for drinks or lunch later; and the yard and house looked good when Mom and Dad set me free for the rest of the day.

I needed to hit the shower first, but then I took Ethan and Ehlana to the park for some play time before dinner; we were home again in time for dinner out on the back porch with Mom and Dad; and then we all went for a bike ride and more play time at the park.  We met up with Aunt Leanne, Uncle Adam, and Zack at the park; and they came home with us for an evening drinks and snack break that Michael caught the tail end of when he came over after finishing up at the Inn for the night.  He and I did the bedtime story with Ethan and Ehlana after the Carringtons went home for the night and Mom and Dad went into the office to do a little work before bedtime, and then after tucking my brother and sister in for the night; we had a couple of hours of alone time to catch up on some long-overdue play time for two that was clothing-optional and very hot.

That has a lot to do with why I’m both very happy and tired out now.  Michael went home shortly before midnight, at about the same time that Mom and Dad headed to bed; and I’ve only done the basic computer checks since climbing into bed with Mandy and firing up my computer.  There’s always work I can do, but I’ve had enough for today; and need to get at least a bit more sleep than I’ve managed for most of the past week.  I guess this hasn’t been a very exciting first day back home, but I did get to spend it with my family; and that’s been really great after nearly a week apart from them.  We’re going to try for a bit more family fun tomorrow, but I’m also going to help out at the Inn tomorrow too so that I can have some family time with Michael and his family too before we head back to school on Monday.

I’ll try not to think about that too much until tomorrow night, but then the fun at school will start speeding up now too as we start the countdown to summer holidays.  Baseball season starts next week too, so that’ll be more fun – and keep us even busier; since there will be three practice nights a week that I’ll be interested in this year.  Writing more about that can wait until next week, though, and I really am ready to get started on my nap now; so…

…Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!