Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, May 5, 2014

Cassie's Journal - May 4, 2014



This has been a really great day, and I’ve been busy playing and working; which is why I’m going to keep this short and head off for my nap soon.

Good morning hugs, kisses, and Tai Chi by the river was the only quiet time we had through until I started on my school night studies and work again tonight after taking the past week off from my languages and most of my family business work.

Mom, Ehlana, and I had some extra play time while getting ready for church this morning, so we ended up being a bit rushed by the time we were ready to walk there with Dad and Ethan.  Since we were travelling last Sunday, this was our first Sunday at church since Easter for everyone on the school trip; so we had fun while we were there; and some of us did a lot of visiting after the service and Sunday school – though Michael needed to head over to the Inn right after we were set free because the service had gone until nearly eleven o’clock.  I stayed, and was busy with the meet and greet for quite a while; and then I went home and was drafted for the picnic lunch work crew.

We were hosting a family and friends, bring-what-you-have meal; and Mom and I put together a couple of side dishes while Dad got everything ready to work the grill.  We had help for setting up chairs and tables when our guests started to join us after stopping in at their homes to change and pack their picnic contributions; and I was eventually on kid-control duty once we had enough help in the kitchen – and needed to entertain the younger kids.  Rowen helped me with that when she came over with her family; and we played down by the river so we’d be out of the way of the work and give the parents and grandparents some kid-free chat time.

Rowen and I loved having lunch by the river with most of the younger kids too; but my favorite part of the afternoon was a canoe ride that Michael and Tim joined us for during Michael’s afternoon break.  Grandma and Grandpa watched Zack, but we took Leah along; and had all of my family parents (and parents-to-be) with us for the hour or so we paddled up-river and back again.  The time limit was mostly for Leah’s benefit; but Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden were all good with a shorter trip too.

Michael and I needed to head over to the Inn after we got back; and we were very busy for the next six hours or so.  The dining room at the Inn was packed for both buffets, so the kitchen action was no-stop; and Michael and I also needed to work on our school assignments during our break.  We didn’t have that done by the time we were set free for the night, so we went home to his house with Rebecca; and Michael and I ended up working in the dining room until ten o’clock.  I went home after that; did the bedtime story and tucking in with the twins; had my Magi lesson with Mom; and then came up to my room to get started on my studies and work at eleven-thirty.

That was more than three hours ago, and while I could have done more tonight; I don’t have the extra energy left to do that.  We’ve got a busy week ahead, starting with Sophia’s third birthday tomorrow; so I really, really need to get started on that nap time now.  It’s not as though I was getting to sleep all that early most nights last week, but this is different; and I’ll probably just need to deal with late nights for the rest of the school year to have any chance of keeping up with everything I’m going to have on the go between now and the start of summer holidays.

For now, I’m out of here, so, until next time…

…Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!