Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Cassie's Journal - May 2, 2014



I have loved doing five hotel sleepovers with my friends; but I’m also very glad to be home in my own room tonight; getting to spend some quality time with my Jacuzzi; and now cuddling in bed with Mandy.

It’s been a crazy-busy day, and I’m getting tired fast after not getting much sleep last night; so let’s get started on the top news.

Happy 1st Birthday, Leah!

Her big day started while we were still at the airport in Washington this morning; dealing with boarding passes, luggage checks, and clearing security.  I can’t resist mentioning here that our Capitol city is quite possibly the least ‘free’ place in the entire ‘Land of the Free’ – in more than one way.  President Obama is back in the (White) house after his trip to Asia, and since he does have a daughter who is just a few months younger than me; I can’t help wondering why he doesn’t seem to have a problem with using such invasive security systems on anyone; but particularly on teenage girls.

All of that is another collectively big reason for why I’m glad to be home again.  We don’t find much need for scanners, metal detectors, bomb-sniffing dogs, or heavily armed security around here; and I’m not going to miss dealing with that in Washington.  I’d invite the President to come for a visit and bring a few Senators and Congresspersons to find out what freedom and community looks like, but then they’d just haul all of that security along with them; make our lives here hell for a few hours; and never get to see what ‘real’ life is like here anyway.

Getting back to the story, though, I have to admit that I was a bit nervous at the airport this morning after seeing Gawain yesterday.  He has the power and resources available to him that could make things interesting for me if he tried to have my cover identity blown up or questioned.  Nothing happened today either; and I didn’t have any problems clearing security again – or at least no more trouble than every passenger has to deal with now.  Our flight out was close to on-time, and that was a good thing because our return layover stop was short; so we didn’t really have much of a break at all before we were in the air again and winging our way home.

After a very early wake-up call so that we could be checked out and at the airport by seven-thirty, everyone in our group was glad to be back at our ‘home’ airport this afternoon; and though we’d still had the long drive home ahead of us, we were pretty upbeat and excited.  Since Uncle Nick had already missed out on a lot of Leah’s big day, he was particularly interested in getting home again; so it was his idea to hit a drive thru for fast food to go once we’d rounded up our luggage and loaded up into five cars, trucks, and minivans.  Rowen, Tim, Michael, and I were with Tracey again for the ride home, and I rode in the front seat with Tracey this time so that Rowen and Tim could sit together.  When we stopped for food, I picked up extra to take home to Aunt Leanne; but the timing wasn’t really great for that with Leah’s birthday dinner on the schedule – not that she had a problem with that when Michael and I delivered the food to her.

We pulled into the school parking lot at four-thirty, and while we weren’t late; we still had a full welcoming committee for every teen, so somebody must have called or texted ahead with our ETA.  Mom, Aunt Leanne, Ethan, and Ehlana were there to get Michael and me; and I’m not at all embarrassed to admit that I was the first teen to run to my family and get started on the welcome home hugs and kisses.  That little reunion took a while by the time we’d transferred luggage, had a little visit, and I’d done some goodbye hugs and kisses with friends I wouldn’t see again until Sunday at church or Monday at school.

Mom drove back to our house, and Ethan ‘helped’ Michael with taking his luggage home while I had three helpers to get mine inside and up to my room – except for the bag of laundry I left in the laundry room before taking everything else upstairs.  Aunt Leanne microwaved her fast food snack before coming upstairs too; and we had a little girl chat time while waiting for Michael and Ethan to join us.  Michael and I only had time to hand out some souvenirs before we needed to take a few more with us – and Leah’s birthday gifts – and hurry over to the Ayres’ house to help out with the party.

Sometimes, our family probably seems a bit strange to outsiders; but I usually don’t even think about the fact that Ethan, Ehlana, and I aren’t technically related to Leah and her parents at all – and neither are our parents and grandparents; yet they were all at the party tonight too.  Grandma and Grandpa were already at Leah’s grandparents’ house when we got there; and they’d been watching Zack while Aunt Leanne had been busy doing a few things with Mom before going over to the school to get Michael and me.  Zack’s still enough younger than his cousin that Leah doesn’t find him particularly fun to hang around with; but I’m sure that’ll change once they’re both old enough to toddle around together.  Today, Leah was much more interested in hanging out with her usual daycare friends – Hailey Draper and Rebekkah Burroughs.

Grandma Ayres had lots of help in the kitchen by the time we arrived, so Michael and I were put on kid-control duty and sent outside with Ethan and Ehlana.  Uncle Nick was there already, and was outside playing with Leah and her friends while waiting for Aunt Deborah to get there from the clinic.  We had quite a few parents to wait for; though Friday night store hours weren’t going to let everyone get away from work.  Leah’s Grandpa Ayres needed to be at his store, and though Liz was working too; she came over during her dinner break so that she could spend some time with us – and with Philip, Naomi, and Eli.  There’s another connection that seems strange when you think about it – Ehlana’s best friend actually is cousins with our non-really-related cousin.  Eli and Zack aren’t related to each other, but they are both Leah’s cousins; and all three of them will be in the same grade when they start school in a bit over four years from now.

Before I get started on the party report, let’s cover a few other items of interest that I haven’t included yet.  First up, the weather forecast for Washington was for warm and sunny today after a week of clouds and rain for most of our visit there.  There was lots of rain this week in Witch Falls too, but it’s been sunny and warmer today for our return.  Could there be a connection?  Maybe, but whether there is or not; we are all going to be happy here with some nice weather for the weekend!

Michael and I also didn’t have time to stop in and see his parents at the Inn before Leah’s dinner; but he did see Rebecca for a minute when he stopped in at home; and we popped into the Inn for a quick chat, hugs, and kisses between dinner and the clean-up.  Finally, there was one thing about coming home that was particularly special for me – the change in empathic vibe around me.  That was dramatic, and while I hadn’t really even thought about that part of my daily life at all in a long time before our trip; I certainly appreciate being back in the light again now after five days when I was often immersed in empathic darkness.

Leah’s party and dinner was fun, entertaining, and occasionally a bit scary as the youngest kids managed to make quite a mess – particularly during dinner and while eating cake and ice cream.  If it was summertime, we probably would have just dunked the lot of them in the river to clean them off, but since that wasn’t an option; it took a while to deal with that.  Leah had lots of gifts to open, so that took a while too; but she had help and didn’t have a problem with shredding wrapping paper and sending it flying to find out what was inside each gift.

Michael and I were on the outside of the action during most of that time, but that gave us a chance to talk with Ethan, Ehlana, and Naomi while we ate; and have shorter visits with the rest of my family.  As mentioned, we checked in with his parents at the Inn; then came back to the party and joined the clean-up crew while some of the parents played games with Leah and her friends and cousins.  One good thing about a party for one-year old kids is that they – the kids – run out of steam; and the parties wrap up early.  I was really glad when Mom and Dad led a gang back to our house; we got drinks; and settled in for some chat time in the living room.

Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Zack came home with us; and I’m sure that it’s no surprise to anyone reading this that my close encounter with Gawain Hathorne was at the top of their list of stories they wanted to hear about from our trip.  Since there really wasn’t much to tell with nothing actually happening; that conversation was mostly filled up with speculation about what Gawain might have had planned and why he chose to walk away and leave me alone.  I personally like Aunt Leanne’s suggestion that Michael and I looked so cute and happy together that even a Dark Magi couldn’t bring himself to messing that up for us.

There was also a general agreement that our issues with Gawain may be done with for now; and the council will be happy to hear that.  Ethan, Ehlana, and I know that we are not done with troubles from the Hathornes and other Dark Magi; but it isn’t time for us to reveal anything about that with anyone else yet.  This journal won’t be open to anyone before at least some of those events happen, though; so anyone reading this in my future will know what I mean anyway.  Yes there are parts of our future that are scary, but the Dark Magi have never allowed an Ascension of the Light without a fight; and we have time to prepare and train so that we’ll be ready for that future.

Going there with this report is a lot heavier than I wanted to get tonight; so let’s move along.  While the whole Dark Magi stalker thing was the top story, Michael and I also took turns talking about the rest of our trip; and he had many of the same impressions that I did of our experiences.  He also picked up more empathic sensations than I would have expected without overtly using his talents; but that might say as much about just how strong the darker emotional vibe around the Capitol is than anything else.  Ethan, Ehlana, and Zack obviously haven’t been to Washington yet, but everyone else in the room had been at least once; so they had stories to tell us too as we talked about the different adventures we had each day.  Grandpa had the most fun with that, adding impossibilities to his tall travel tales that had my brother, sister, and cousin all giggling.

We love you, Grandpa, but not even Zack is going to buy that you rode the dinosaurs around Washington on your first visit there that are now on display in the Smithsonian.

While Michael and I had the longest day, everyone was tired out by ten o’clock, so when everyone else headed home; I walked back to Michael’s house with him so we could have a little bedtime visit with his parents and sister before we were all ready to call it a night.  That was fun, though we couldn’t talk about everything with them that we could with my family.  Michael will give his mother the update about the rest of our story sometime when they can talk privately.  It was closing in on eleven o’clock by the time Michael and I said goodnight on his front porch in a mostly non-verbal kind of way and I got home again.

Ethan and Ehlana were in bed by then, but I stopped in for chats with them after walking upstairs with Mom and Dad when we were all ready to head up to our rooms.  I haven’t gotten the full report of everything that happened here while we were away, but we’ll finish that in the morning, and other than Uncle Adam’s new minivan news; it sounds as though it was a fairly quiet, damp, and uneventful week.  The jokes were already flying around tonight about it being quiet because I was away, but Aunt Leanne always gets those jokes too; so I’m in pretty good company there.

As I already mentioned, some quality Jacuzzi time was first on my list once I was in my room again, and it was closing in on twelve-thirty by the time I climbed into bed with Mandy and my computer.  My cat was not particularly interested in my trip, but she was happy to have me home and we had a little telepathic chat while I caught up on some of the scratching I wasn’t able to share with her while I was away – not that she wasn’t getting lots of attention from Ethan and Ehlana instead.  There were some email waiting for me to deal with, including some work-related inquiries that I took care of before moving on to the rest of my usual nightly computer checks.  I’ve worked through all of that as quickly as possible, but it’s still late now; and I’ve got a busy yard and house work day ahead of me.  Getting back to Tai Chi by the river is going to be great too, and while I can think of things I’d rather do on a beautiful Saturday that doesn’t include working all day; at least I’ll be getting to do that with my family.

There are other things that I should do an update on too – like certain family pregnancies; but I’ll take care of that sometime this weekend.  For now, I’ve had enough fun; so, until next time…

…Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!