Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, June 7, 2013

Cassie's Journal - June 7, 2013



Exams are over; Rowen was very grateful to already be done with her first period this morning; and I am very happy to be out of the tweeird zone tonight after another annoying day.  A weekend away from the tweeird and getting through the rest of my first period will hopefully have me ready to enjoy our last week of school.

Mandy and I are on our own tonight.  Rowen and I are taking the weekend off from sleepovers; since we’ll be doing a lot of them – and camping – all summer.  She did stay for our dinner and a movie night, but left when everyone else headed for home.  While I’m thinking about that, this was Leah’s first dinner and a movie night with us since she was born.  I hadn’t thought about it until Aunt Deborah started teasing me about whether she should let Leah cuddle with me or not, but other than the dinner and holiday weekend cooking night; it has been a while since our last dinner and a movie night.  With summer holidays just a week away, it may be the last one for a while too.

Before I move on, Aunt Deborah did take the chance and let Rowen and I take turns cuddling with Leah.  I really hope that she doesn’t meet someone in the nursery at church and start dating – I’ll never hear the end of that!

I don’t really feel like going into the details for most of today’s tweeirdness.  My exams went great, and I especially loved the oral part of my Spanish exam; but the study time between our morning and afternoon exams was not fun to get through; and it took some doing to keep smiling while working with our study group.  By the time we were finished with our last exam, I was way-past ready to escape and get the weekend started, but there was just a bit more tweeird to deal with first.

Rowen and I, like most of our classmates, were at our lockers getting whatever we needed to take home with us for the weekend.  We were innocent, but interested, bystanders when Nora and Vanessa sprung their little ‘exams-are-over’ party for four plans on Michael and Tim.  Things went downhill almost immediately when Michael advised them that he was working at the Inn tonight, and couldn’t do that with them.  The fact that Tim had been consulted about that before the girls had put their little private party together only seemed to irritate Michael; though Tim quickly made it obvious that he hadn’t known why Nora had asked about what he and Michael were going to be doing after school on Friday earlier in the week.  Michael’s explanation about wanting to make up some of the hours he’d lost over the past two weeks while studying for exams didn’t mollify either girl; and they started badgering him to change his mind.

Maybe I should have stayed out of it, but I didn’t because one look from Michael told me that he was desperately trying to find a way out of the situation without hurting Vanessa or getting Tim in the doghouse with Nora.  I didn’t go over there and say what I really wanted to hit Vanessa and Nora up the side of the head with; but I did butt in; tell him that I was sorry that he was working because Rowen and I were going to see if he and Tim wanted to bike the trails at the park; and then I offered to walk over to the Inn with him so we could talk about the Spanish exam and maybe working out some other time to go biking on the weekend.  I didn’t exactly give him the choice to answer, but he did come along willingly when I took his hand and tugged him away while wishing Tim and the rest of our classmates who’d been watching the spectacle a good weekend.  Rowen fell into step beside me; and I didn’t need to look around – I could feel the daggers being mentally hurled at my back; and heard every muttered comment.  I also saw the grins on Michael’s and Rowen’s faces; and they didn’t look around either for a completely different reason.

No, I didn’t let go of Michael’s hand until we dropped him off at the Inn; yes, we were followed and observed; and that’s why I hugged him goodbye too before Rowen and I switched directions and made our next stop the computer store.  We’ve established that I suck at being a tween, and probably should have handled that better; but I could’ve done worse too; and Michael did at least appreciate getting to at least share the tweeird with me.  I’m sure you’ve guessed that Rowen loved it.  Maybe I should ask her to take a turn next time and see if she still thinks it’s still as entertaining when the heat is directed at her.

Yes, Rowen, I know what you’d be thinking now – don’t forget to add that Michael told us while we were walking to the Inn that he’d have skipped work to go biking with us; but could never get away with that after turning down Vanessa’s invitation.

That was funny, but I’m glad that he didn’t decide to do that anyway.  Rowen and I did go biking after checking in at the store and my house, but we rode out into the country north of the river; and stayed away from the park, town, or anywhere that tweeirdness might find us.  We were home in time to play with Ethan and Ehlana while Mom, Dad, Grandma, and Grandpa were making dinner; and the rest of the evening was a fairly standard dinner and a movie night.

I came up to my room after everyone went home; spent some time in my Jacuzzi; and played my keyboard for a while after that before climbing into bed with Mandy.  It’s going to be another comparatively early night for me; but I’m more tired than usual for a Friday night too; so I’m ready to get some sleep.  If I didn’t have chores to do tomorrow, and church on Sunday, I might just seriously consider putting in a wake-up call for Monday morning and staying in bed until then.

Probably not gonna happen, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!