Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Cassie's Journal - June 2, 2013



We had a cool start to the day, but I went outside for Tai Chi in Rowen’s back yard.  Exercising on my own isn’t as much fun as with Mom and Dad, but I really needed it this morning once Patrick and Scott came to life and happily started bugging Rowen and I right away.

I should also mention that the two houses behind the Emerson and Carrington houses are really looking great now – which is a good thing; because they’ll need to be ready for their new owners to move into them in less than two months.  They’re not really like any other houses in town, but they also fit in next to two of the nicest old estate homes too.  Way to design those houses, Uncle Blaine!

The next couple of hours were far from quite, thanks again to Patrick and Scott; and Rowen and I were happy to be able to leave for church a bit early so that we could walk there with Mom, Dad, Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and the twins.  I was under close scrutiny at church and Sunday school, but Vanessa and Nora didn’t see anything to get annoyed with me about – which seemed to irritate them.  I don’t know what they expected, but Michael was in the doghouse too; so I wasn’t alone – despite the fact that we weren’t hanging out together this morning either.  Rowen and I barely even talked to Michael during Sunday school, and he left immediately after church to get to the Inn after the service went longer than usual.

Rowen came home with me after church, and we had Grandma and Grandpa, and Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne over for lunch too.  We were put in charge of keeping Ethan and Ehlana entertained before lunch, and we were on the clean-up crew afterward.  That didn’t leave us much time to get ready for our incoming study group; but we only needed a few minutes to get some snacks put out in the lounge.  Everyone except Michael came over for one o’clock.  He studied with us while on his afternoon break; but that didn’t start until nearly two today.

Math was still the top study topic, but we worked on music theory and history for our written exam; and some of us took turns practicing for our playing tests too.  The seating arrangement was the same as on Thursday, and Michael sat with Tim, Nora, and Vanessa while he was here except for while he and I practiced our playing tests together.  I thought that he did a fairly decent job of friendly with Vanessa while dodging the not-so-subtle invitations for much more, but that didn’t go over very well with Vanessa; and I wasn’t surprised when she and Nora decided that they needed to leave when Michael was getting ready to head back to the Inn.  Tim went with them, and I’m sure that they walked Michael to the Inn whether he wanted them to do that or not.

Everyone else stayed until four-thirty or five; and then Rowen and I cleaned up the lounge before going to play with Ethan and Ehlana while the parents were busy getting dinner ready.  Grandma and Grandpa, and Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne, had other dinner plans, but Mom and Dad invited the Emersons, Seagers, and Drapers to do another barbeque pot luck – mostly so Ethan, Ehlana, and I could all have some bonus play time with our best friends.  Rowen and I had fun playing with the four toddlers; and even Patrick managed to have fun with all of us without acting too annoyingly goofy.  Rowen should talk to her parents about keeping Patrick and Scott separated more often!

The only comment I have about dinner is actually a note to Mom and Dad:  invite the owners of the bakery over for meals more often!  I’ll rank their pot-luck contributions at least at a tie with the dishes that Jacob and Miranda bring when they have dinner with us.

Dad had work to do in the office after dinner, and Mom had parental help with the clean-up, so Rowen, Patrick, and I were sent off to the park with Naomi, Aiden, and the twins to help tire them out while our parents were busy.  We had a one-hour time limit, and when we got back; it was time to do a round of goodbyes before all of our guests headed home.  Mom did Magi lessons with Ethan, Ehlana, and me after that; I helped her with getting the twins ready for bed; and then we all had a little visit with Dad in the office before I came up to my room for the rest of the night; and Mom and Dad took care of tucking Ethan and Ehlana in before going back to work or to spend some time in a Jacuzzi.

Since it wasn’t very long after Mom had decided on having a bath that I heard Dad on the stairs again; I’ll take a wild guess that he couldn’t concentrate on his work anymore for some reason.  Let’s leave that train of thought right there, and pretend that we don’t know what Mom and Dad have been doing since then.

I didn’t spend any time in my Jacuzzi tonight.  Instead of doing that, I had one more practice to get ready for my music playing test, and then played my keyboard for a while before sitting in the window alcove and getting started on a light version of my nightly studies and computer checks.  I’m not going to stay up too late any night this week.  The exams won’t be a problem, but with the extra study sessions and everything else we have on the go; I don’t want to get worn out either – especially with summer holidays now less that two weeks away!

The only thing that was different tonight than normal was seeing so many friends online.  I had a chat with Violet shortly after firing up my computer, and she’s ready for her first exams in the morning, but she’s mostly getting excited about the impending end to her separation from Dillon.  I’ll guess that it’s going to take something very serious – like a girls’ weekend away – to pry them apart from now on.  I talked to Rowen after that, and answered a few Math questions that were messaged to me from two of our study group members.  Rowen won’t know this until morning, but my last chat was with Michael.

He and Rebecca had been set free from the Inn a bit early, and had been studying together since then.  Rebecca wasn’t feeling quite as ready for her exams as Michael did, and that was partly because her studying with Jenny and some of their classmates hadn’t gone nearly as well as it had for our group.  She isn’t in any danger of doing badly in any subject, but she also doesn’t want to hurt the marks she has going into the exams with lower scores.

Michael and I didn’t actually chat about Rebecca except for that little update – he wanted to talk about what we’d each been doing since he’d gone back to the Inn; which houses he’d like our study groups to be working at for the next few days; and a little lamenting about not getting to do any biking or having any play time because of exams.  Since I’ve been trying not to think about what my parents are doing to keep themselves entertained tonight, Michael’s ‘play time’ comments were not very well timed – at least from my perspective.  He might have a different opinion – especially if he knew that I’ve been thinking about our walk home last night while holding hands; and the goodnight hug and kiss.  I’m going to pretend that those thoughts did not include one where I wished that I hadn’t just given him a little peck on the lips; but given Rowen a really good reason to tease me.

This is where I’m supposed to insert the “I am not crossing over” line.  The scariest thought I’ve had since wrapping up that chat with Michael, though, is that there is a small, but nagging possibility that it isn’t true anymore.

Now let’s pretend that I didn’t write that; and move on.

There were some email for me to deal with for the family business, and I just answered one more Math question; but that’s all the news from today; and I seriously need to start not-dreaming about soft(cute), fuzzy(cuddly) bunnies(boys), so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!