Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Cassie's Journal - June 26, 2013



Sometimes my family business work can be strange.  It’s not as if I haven’t worked on back-to-school projects before, but some days it seems stranger than others.  Today, that was because of a combination of having to think about going back to school when we’ve barely started our summer holidays and a little daydreaming about what that might be like if Michael and I are a couple by then.

Oh, and if you’re interested, the work went pretty well today too. :^)

My favorite part of this particular retail and manufacturing event, like with Christmas, has people thinking about kids; and that is always good for our charity work.  This year, I’m adding some new programs to the mix.  My favorite include some companies that are going to try being the sponsors for new school projects; and we’re going to match whatever their fundraising brings in.  They’ll be coming up with the charity drive ideas; and I’m hoping to use the best of them for other projects in the future.

While my family business work is definitely more important than anything else I did today, getting to ride bikes and go swimming with Rowen, Michael, and Tim this afternoon while Michael was on his break from the Inn was more fun; and so was the play time with Ethan, Ehlana, and Naomi at the park tonight while Mom and Dad were at their Fix-it Uppers practice.

Our bike riding isn’t going to have us ready to do Hollywood movie bike stunts by the Fourth of July, but we’re having fun, and the routine is coming together.  Today we mostly worked on bunny hops; climbing up onto different objects; and jumping off of them again.  The boys are both a bit better than Rowen and I are for how high they can make their bikes ‘hop’, but we’re still able to do all of the tricks; and have a slight edge of our own when it comes to keeping our bikes balanced when we’re going slow or stopped.  Tomorrow we’re going to work on jumps.  Tim’s putting something together that will let us practice at a height that will be the same as what we’ll be jumping from on the trailer; so that should be fun too.

The river swim cool-off time didn’t last long for Michael because he needed to get back to the Inn, and Tim left with him to meet up with Nora; but Rowen and I swam upriver to my house and took Ethan and Ehlana swimming with us for nearly a half hour.  When Rowen left to meet up with her parents at the store, I helped Mom with making dinner for six, and the rest of the evening was pretty much a standard baseball practice night.  We ate; Violet and I cleaned up; and spent a couple of hours playing at the park before coming home again.  I guess the swim that we all hopped into the river for was an addition to the normal Wednesday night action; but then we likely will be doing that after practices and games fairly regularly for the rest of the summer.

Mom did three Magi lessons tonight, and mine was between the bedtime Magi playtime she had with Ethan and Ehlana and the lesson she did with Violet and Dillon after he came over from the Inn.  They really love getting to work together now, and Mom is also teaching them how to study together for when they’re away at college.  I don’t know how they’ll work out doing any lessons while living in dorms like they will be this year; but they’ll figure something out.

I was in bed before they were done their lesson, but that was only because I opted for a quick shower and cheated a bit on getting my hair dried.  They were planning on an early night too, but Violet hasn’t come upstairs yet, so they probably just got tied up with their goodnight hugs and kisses.  Let’s not go there, since I’m going to be trying to sleep soon; and don’t need to be thinking about things like that.  Rowen and I had a little chat while I was doing my nightly computing and email checks; and she needed to talk about the birthday party we’ve got on Friday evening.  With everything else I’ve got coming up over the next week, Joshua’s birthday party wasn’t something I was thinking much about at all; but Rowen is getting tired of being on the outside looking in on the tween dating game; and feels that more now since everything that’s happened with Michael and me.

I’m not going to let things get weird for her around us, and if our summertime challenge works out; it won’t be long before she’ll be in the dating game too.  As for the party, I expect that Michael and I will be dealing with more tweeirdness from Vanessa and Nora; so it could be another strange night for us.  Rowen definitely won’t need to worry about us spending the night hanging out with the couples club and leaving her on her own – we won’t be invited to play any reindeer games either. :^)

That will give us time to work on that summer challenge, though, so we might be able to have some fun with that instead.

I’ll talk to Rowen about that tomorrow, but for right now, I’m ready to put my computer away and get to sleep, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!