Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Cassie's Journal - June 23, 2013



Michael, Rowen, and I had a couple of wake-up calls overnight, but even though Rowen teased Michael and me about having some more early-morning alone time; there wasn’t anything more serious happening than a hug between us, and we both just wanted to get all of the sleep that we could between those runs into the house for toddler bathroom breaks.

The morning rush was as crazy as I expected it to be with five toddlers, and Michael must really like Ethan a lot to give up his Dad’s Sunday morning breakfast special to stay and have breakfast with us before going home to get ready for church.  Mom, Rowen, and I had the most fun playing dress-up and styling hair for Ehlana, Naomi, and Sophia; though getting to show off new dresses from our shopping trip was great too.

If Rowen were here tonight, she’d be teasing me about Michael’s reaction to seeing me again when we met up again on the way to church; but then Phase One of our matchmaking challenge for her took another step forward this morning too.  ‘Tommy’ may not even realize that yet, but I can go back in my memories and look at the tiniest details; and I know that he kept glancing over at Rowen all morning with that same look in his eyes that told me he was having trouble resolving what he was seeing with the way he’d always seen Rowen until recently.

You can probably guess that the tweeird level in my life was on high while we were at church.  That started when Vanessa and Nora needed to talk with some of the other girls about their time at Quarry Lake, and how their support helped Tim and his team win their second game of the season.  That was discussed loudly enough for me to overhear, but they seemed to be having problems juggling between bragging about helping their boys and trying to make Michael jealous that he was excluded from the hugs and kisses.  Vanessa lost most of her enthusiasm for their little games when they found out that Michael had gone to our birthday party campfire after work; and then stayed overnight to camp with Rowen and me.  Michael did add that we had five junior campers with us; and he was in one tent with Ethan and Aiden; but I’m not sure that Vanessa and Nora were still listening in on his chat with Tim by then.  The rest of my time in Sunday school after that was fairly frosty, but since Michael sat with Rowen and me today; I was lots warm enough anyway.

After a family and friends day, Dad had a lot of work to do in the office today; so we only had Rowen with us for lunch.  She and I took custody of the twins after we ate, and spent the afternoon keeping them entertained; and all of us out of Mom and Dad’s way until we went to the late dinner buffet at the Inn.  We went for a bike ride; had some playground time; jumped in the river a few times to cool off; and had Michael with us for part of that play and swim time while he was on his afternoon break.  There really wasn't anything exciting to report; but we did have a really fun, relaxing afternoon.

We ended up having dinner at the Inn with nearly everyone who had been at Ethan and Ehlana’s party; though that hadn’t actually been planned.  Mom must have decided that Rowen and I needed a break from toddlers, because she put us at a table with our grandparents; and we spent an hour and a half talking about the upcoming trips that Rowen’s grandmother was coordinating for the rest of the year.  With everything else we have going on this summer, and Aunt Leanne’s pregnancy, Grandma and Grandpa aren’t doing a summer or fall trip; but they were talking about a trip to India and Pakistan for the New Year.  It’s too bad that Rowen and I can’t go along; but I’m sure they’ll manage just fine without us.

There isn’t much else to report for today.  Rowen went home with her parents after dinner; and I spent the evening helping Mom with Ethan and Ehlana while Dad got back to work in the office.  The twins were ready for an early bedtime, but Mom did a Magi lesson with me before sending me up to my room for some Jacuzzi action.  I’m cuddling with Mandy now, and ready to get a decent night of rest after three really long days, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!