Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, June 3, 2013

Cassie's Journal - June 3, 2013



End-of-year testing is nothing new for me at school, and I’ve unofficially written a lot of high school and college exams; but this was still my first ‘real’ experience with writing the exams that Grade Seven and Eight students are given here to help us get ready for High School.

The actual exams weren’t a problem, but the social aspect and pressures are definitely new and surprisingly wide-ranging.  Michael, Rowen, and I had classmates who were annoyed with us for making it look too easy and being too happy.  We also had some of our study buddies glad that they’d decided to get ready for their exams with us after doing better than they’d expected.  Vanessa was particularly happy with how she did on the Math exam, while also being annoyed when Michael deflected her energetic attempts to properly thank him for helping her study.

Most of us had a couple of hours off between the Math and written half of our Music exam, but Michael, Rowen, and I were among the handful of students who opted to get the playing part of our Music exam over with early instead of after the written exam; while everyone else opted to take the time off to either goof around or cram for the exam.  Since we were playing the same instrument and music, Mrs. Robinson had Michael and I do our test together.  We aced it; were complimented on how great we sounded together; and she invited us to join the school band in September.

That was cool, and for the Magi reading this who might have gone to school before or after Mrs. Robinson’s tenure as music teacher; Grade Eight students can only play in her school band if she thinks they’re ready and invites them to join.  I was even happier about that when we found out that Rowen earned an invitation too; and we’d all be getting to do that earlier than most of our classmates would – though not all of them would even be interested in joining.

What we liked about taking the early option for the playing exams was that we were done for the day as soon as we finished the written part of the music exam.  That gave us enough time for Rowen and I to go to the computer store for a visit with her parents; make a stop at her house to drop off her flute and so she could get changed; go to my house for a snack and recap break with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana; and be at Michael’s house before anyone else in our study group got there.

Getting to spend a little time with Miranda and Jacob before the rest of our friends joined us was fun, but had me back in the tweeird zone when Tim, Nora, and Vanessa got there and saw us having fun together.  I’m sure that Miranda likes nearly every kid she’s ever met, but she loves me; I love her right back; and that has absolutely nothing at all to do with Michael.  Vanessa doesn’t see it that way, and it didn’t matter that Michael and I weren’t doing anything together that could even remotely be threatening to her own matchmaking plans; I was bugging her just for being too close to his parents, sister, and brother.

That gave me more than enough incentive to focus on our studies.  We have History and Computers tomorrow, and I’m sure you won’t be surprised to find out that I was the History tutor while Rowen fielded most of the computer-related questions.  Okay, my photographic memory annoyed Vanessa, Nora, and a couple of other members of our group too, but I wasn’t trying to show off; and not having to spend ages looking up facts and figures did make it easier for everyone else – especially since I only answered the questions that nobody else could get first.

We studied out on the back porch, and Michael’s parents fed all of us again, though we ate early so that Michael and Tim could get to their baseball practice at six.  The rest of our study group left when Michael and Tim headed to the park, but Rowen and I stayed to help Jake, Stephanie, and Rebecca with the cleanup, and then we went to get Ethan and Ehlana so we could take them to the park for some play time while we waited for Michael and Tim to be finished their practice so we could get back to studying.

Vanessa and Nora really wanted to put me firmly back in the tweeird zone – or more likely somewhere else even more uncomfortable – but Rowen and I took the twins to the playground and stayed away from the ball diamond.  Since they kept looking over at us, I didn’t need to guess that they had come to the park specifically because Rowen and I had talked about bringing Ethan and Ehlana over while we’d had dinner.

I’d like to say that I don’t feel quite as bad for Vanessa as I did for Lisa; partly because my empathic abilities let me know how each girl really feels about Michael.  That’s probably why my patience with another round of this tween goofiness is wearing thin, but I’m going to try even harder this time to keep my mouth shut and not make things worse for any of us.

The post-baseball study session was definitely uncomfortable for me.  Ethan needed some play time with Michael and Tim before he was ready to go home, and then they needed to stop in to see Jacob and Miranda too.  Vanessa and Nora were annoyed about both of those things, and I didn’t get any help digging out of that hole when Ethan and Ehlana had Michael’s parents take them the rest of the way home so they could visit with Mom and Dad while we got back to studying.  The rest of our group didn’t come back, so it was just the six of us; and we only ended up working for an hour or so before Nora decided that she was ready to have Tim walk her home.  It was then Michael’s turn to be fed up with the tween drama, but that info came from empathic vibes; since he hid it well-enough from everyone else.  He also went along for the walk after Tim and Nora badgered him into going along.

My plan to keep my mouth shut didn’t last long.  When Michael agreed to go along with them, Vanessa shot me a victorious, smug look which lasted right up until I couldn’t keep from laughing.  Since that appeared to come out of nowhere to everyone else; Tim asked me what was so funny.  ‘Oh, nothing’ is a bad answer to that particular question, and I’m sure Vanessa and Nora interpreted it correctly, but Tim just shrugged; and it was better than being totally honest – even if that might actually be what Vanessa needs to hear sometime soon.

Right – I’m supposed to keep my mouth shut.  You’d think that a girl with a photographic memory wouldn’t have a problem remembering something simple like that!

Moving along, but not really; Miranda and Jacob were just getting back from my house when we were all leaving.  Selective goodnight hugs and kisses had Vanessa and Nora even more irritated with me.  Miranda’s laugh and bonus hug after I whispered a plea for her not to tease me about goodnight hugs and kisses with Michael was greeted with suspicion too.  Miranda didn’t do that, but she had me laughing again too when she whispered back a promise to pass the second hug and kiss on to Michael after he got home.

I don’t really have much else to report for the rest of the night.  After getting home, I helped Mom with Ethan and Ehlana until they were tucked in for the night; did a Healing lesson with her; and then came up to my room to end my night with a combination Jacuzzi and nightly computing session.  No extra studying was involved, and it’s time for me to get out of the tub and ready for bed, so I’m going to wrap this up; do that; and go get some sleep.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!