Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Cassie's Journal - June 15, 2013



My top story today does not include a happy baseball ending – Palmer’s Panthers managed a come-from-behind, twelve-to-eleven win.  Yes it was a good game, and close; but that didn’t make it any easier to lose when we couldn’t stop the late-game rally today.

While baseball was my top news, the grad party at Palmer’s was the biggest event going on in town today.  Unfortunately for the graduating students and their friends, rain started rolling in shortly after my game ended; and their party needed to be indoors.  Violet’s still at the party, and probably won’t have time to give me the update until tomorrow night or Monday; but I’m sure they’re still having fun even if they couldn’t do the outdoor dinner, dance, and campfire that had been plan ‘A’.

The rest of my day has been fairly uneventful.  I was up at dawn for Tai Chi with Mom and Dad; Rowen and I packed up our campsite while Dad cooked breakfast and Mom was busy with Ethan and Ehlana.  Violet recruited us to help her with the post-breakfast clean-up, and Rowen happily helped to fill her in on most of the Michael and me story from the last few days before she needed to head home and meet up with her parents before they all went over to the computer store.

So much for avoiding that chat until next week sometime, but it was fun; and Violet took it easier on me than either Rowen or Aunt Leanne have so far.

  After Rowen left, Violet went to help Mom for the morning, and my jobs for the day were cutting the lawn and weeding the gardens.  That kept me very busy through until I needed to stop; grab a micro-shower; get into my uniform; and then bike over to the park with Rowen in time for our team warm-ups.  I’ve already reported on the game, so let’s not go there again.

Violet was busy getting ready for the grad party by the time Rowen and I got home again, so we stayed out of the way and hopped in the river to cool off and get rid of some of the baseball game dirt and sweat while she was busy using my bathroom.  After our little swim, we played with Ethan and Ehlana for a while so that Mom could help Violet with a few finishing touches before Dillon came over to get her; and they walked over to the Palmer’s house together.

Thanks to the rain, Rowen and I spent the rest of the afternoon indoors until she needed to head home for dinner.  We mostly just played with Ethan and Ehlana in the lounge and all three of them spent some more time teasing me about Michael.  That was fun, but I was also trying not to think about why I was missing seeing Michael today while we were both busy; and talking about him didn’t help.

Speaking of missing, Uncle Adam was in Crystal Springs today for his tux fitting.  Grandpa Duncan and Uncle Blaine met him there, and after getting that done, they had lunch together before Uncle Adam came home again.  For some reason, they didn’t feel the need to spend the afternoon shopping for clothes together.  While not wanting to go shopping while in the city seems incomprehensible to most small-town girls, I do have a pretty good idea why thinking about the wedding being three weeks from today feels a whole lot different now than it did two days ago.  It’s a good thing that we have the girls’ summer clothes shopping trip coming up next Friday – I’m going to need to find something spectacular to wear to the wedding!  Ditto that for Rowen, and I think that we’ll have some extra fun picking out what we’re going to wear this summer too.

Getting back to current events, after Rowen went home for the night, I helped Mom in the kitchen; we had dinner; and then it was a work night for Dad while Mom did a Magi lesson with Ethan, Ehlana, and me; we all had baths as part of our respective bedtime routines; and I was in bed by ten-thirty.  It’s Father’s Day tomorrow, and I should probably wrap this up and get some sleep because we’re doing an early breakfast before Violet and Dillon need to hit the road for Woodvale.

There’s more rain in the forecast for tomorrow, but I’m hoping most of the wet will be tonight and tomorrow night; and we’ll be able to go ahead with our lunch and dinner barbeque and outdoor play afternoon plans.  I’m sure that Violet would prefer not having rain for the drives to and from Woodvale too; so hopefully Mother Nature will give her a break too.

That is all I have for now, though, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!