Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Cassie's Journal - June 12, 2013



Michael and I got around to having a first little chat at lunchtime today at school, and while I was happy about that; neither of us were all that impressed with the latest happenings in the tweeird zone.

I guess we should start with the tweeird; since that’s actually why we were able to have that chat.  Vanessa and Nora have a new plan, and if they are trying to be subtle; that part of the plan isn’t working.  The rest of it won’t work either, but it may take them a while to figure that out.  They’re going with the ages-old divide-and-conquer strategy; and they started excluding Michael from everything they were doing while keeping Tim close – and away from Michael as much as possible.  Today we were kept busy with a combination of clean-up work and helping out with getting everything ready for the play day tomorrow; and Vanessa and Nora fairly successfully kept Michael off of every work crew they were on with Tim and some of the other members of the couples club.

Since that just meant that Michael ended up working with Rowen and me most of the time; we didn’t have a problem with that.  I’d also like to point out that Michael and Tim don’t actually spend that much time together on days when Michael’s working at the Inn after school; so the effort today was a waste of effort.  We’ll see if that’s different during play day tomorrow or not; but I’m okay with the idea of playing those games with Michael if Tim’s too busy with Mora.  Rowen and I have Friday night covered for that too, and if Tim can’t hang out with us; we’re going to see if Rebecca’s available instead.

That does bring me to getting a bit of alone time so Michael and I could talk.  He pretended not to notice that there wasn’t a spot left open for him with the couples club when he got to the cafeteria; and sat with Rowen and me instead while we ate.  We went to the music room after that, and Rowen conveniently needed to go for a washroom break so that we could be alone for what ended up being about ten very entertaining minutes.

No, we did not just sit there and make out, though that might have been fun too – I’ll know better after we eventually get around to doing that for the first time.

I can tell you that Michael was very happy to hear that I’ve finally crossed over; both glad and amused to find out that sharing that kiss with me was responsible for my change in tween status; and doesn’t have a problem with helping me figure out where we go from here.

We also learned that before you try a second ‘real’ kiss, you should put your saxophones in their cases first.  That attempt was awkward and strange compared to the spontaneous kiss at the park, and had us both laughing; but that was fun too.  A second try with the saxophones safely out of the way was a little more successful; but that was as much of a risk as either of us wanted to take when we were in a school full of kids and teens, and could be interrupted at any time.  I’m the one who mostly still needs some time to deal with everything I’m feeling, and we both need to figure out how to deal with our tweeird zone problems; so we don’t want to end up as a top story on the gossip network and have to deal with that too.  Since I’m getting regular urges to kiss Michael, it’s probably a good thing that he’s going to be working at the Inn today and tomorrow.  A couple of work nights might help me to at least get a bit more control over these new urges.

Not hanging out together might help calm things down with Vanessa too, but that’ll be temporary; and it’s bound to get worse before it gets better.  For today, though, I was just glad to be able to go home after school and work in the office until dinnertime.  We had a bit of rain earlier today, and again late tonight, but Mom and Dad’s baseball practice was on tonight; and we all went over to the park so that Ethan and Ehlana could play with Naomi at the playground while three out of four of our parents were playing with their friends; and Liz was getting to have nap time.  Liz and her baby are both doing just fine, but she’s definitely getting more worn out keeping up with work and Naomi; and I’m glad that Philip will be able to make that easier for her while he’s off school for most of the summer.  I should start thinking about helping Aunt Leanne more this summer too – especially since she’s doing so much extra work with the wedding and everything else she has on the go right now.

At least she isn’t trying to play baseball too; though our team could use her help.  The Fix-it Uppers are playing their first game on Friday night, and though I was busy at the playground with Ethan, Ehlana, and Naomi; I saw enough of the action to be worried about our chances this season.  It’s not that our replacement players are really bad or anything; the team just isn’t gelling, and that’s making for lots of mistakes and miscommunications.  I’m just hoping that the other teams are having as many problems.

There isn’t much else to write about for tonight.  Dad had work to do in the office after we got home, so Mom and I repeated the bedtime routine for Ethan and Ehlana; worked through a new shielding lesson; and then I came up to my room to get started on my own bedtime studies and computing.  Violet and I had a short messaging chat, and she’s now counting down the hours to when she’ll be coming here.  She doesn’t expect to get here early on Friday evening when the ‘school’s out’ traffic is likely going to be crazy, but as long as she’s here by the time Dillon’s done work at the Inn; they’ll both be happy campers.

Note to me – take care of getting her room ready to go tomorrow night; and maybe pick up an Olde Bakery Witch cookie on Friday to leave on her pillow.

Violet probably won’t actually have all that much time to spend with me this summer – she does need to do a lot of work with Mom, and get ready to go away to college – but I’m still going to love having her here with us.

I have my work for the night finished, and now that I’m thinking about getting some sleep; I’m also thinking that Violet might not be the only girl who will be too busy for us to spend much time together.  We didn’t get around to discussing what’s been going on with me over the past few days during that chat, but I’m sure that Violet will hear all about it this weekend – if not by bedtime on Friday night.  Maybe I should have given her a heads up, but I didn’t; and that’s mostly because I’m still not quite ready to talk about it with anyone other than Michael or Rowen yet.

Yeah, I know, but there’s a world of difference between intellectually studying things like psychology and sociology; and real life experience.  Most collegians have a lot more life experience to take into those studies than I did when I was a toddler.  This isn’t even remotely romantic, but I can also tell you that I have a whole new perspective on what must have happened to Violet when her Magi abilities became active.  I’m still studying and thinking about what happened to me on Monday afternoon – from a Magi perspective – but I’ll need to noodle that for a while before I’m ready to report on it in our Magi project archive.  There’s definitely something that happens on multiple levels that could explain why an untrained Magi would have things happen like they did for Violet.

Now I’m getting a mental picture of Tim hanging in mid-air on his bike if he’d come over that last jump while Michael and I had still been kissing.  That’d be taking ‘catching some air’ to a new extreme!

And here we go with the replay of that kiss front and center in my mind again as I’m just about ready to go to sleep.  Not thinking about bunnies doesn’t help, though my attempts at doing that have been fairly feeble.  Speaking of feeble, I really do need to get some rest; or my play day gaming won’t be anything to get excited about, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!