Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Cassie's Journal - June 4, 2013



Rowen joined a new club overnight.  She hates the initiation; and loves me because I was able to help make that initiation a lot easier for her before we needed to get to school and write our History exam.

I knew that something was going on when Rowen came over to my house more than a half-hour before we normally leave for school; and one hug was all I needed to know exactly what was going on.  There are probably worse times for a girl to get her first period, but I’ll guess that exam week isn’t one of the better times either.  The good news for Rowen was that she has a Magi Master for a best friend with the ability to use her Healing gift to smooth out her menstrual cycle.

Thanks, Mom, for pretending that you don’t know that’s what we were doing in my room this morning.

For the Magi girls reading this, first of all, I’m sorry, but you know the council’s rules.  There were also some limitations to what I could do to help Rowen.  She already is appreciating the minimized physical effects; will love the shortened time she’ll have to deal with the unpleasant parts of her period; and I was able to make a little change that will have her menstrual cycle running precisely twenty-eight days.

I might have held off on that last part if it had been later in the week, but Rowen will like knowing precisely when her period will start from now on; and they won’t ever get in the way of the weekends.

Please don’t all line up at my door at once wherever I’m living when you read this!

That start to our morning had Rowen felling a lot better both physically and emotionally by the time we left for school; and she was only marginally uncomfortable while we were writing our exams – mostly because of the unfamiliarity with using certain feminine products.  I don’t really need to go over how our exams went – they weren’t a problem for either of us; and the social issues were pretty much identical to yesterday.

While I’m thinking about social issues, I seriously need to have a talk with Miranda.  I thought she was just teasing me last night, but she apparently did pass a hug and kiss on to Michael; and he was definitely teasing me this morning when he thanked me for them.  He’d wanted to know why his Mom and I had been laughing, and she told him; while leaving out the fairly important details that she initiated that second hug and kiss; and it was her idea to pass it on to Michael.  I could have told him the rest of the story this morning, but he was having fun; so I didn’t.

Our study group was meeting at Nora’s house after school tonight, and yes, I was in the tweeird zone the entire time we were there.  We were studying for English and Science, but it felt like an ongoing lesson in tween politics and sociology instead.  I wasn’t surprised when Nora had us split up in two groups – one at the dining room table, and the other in the kitchen.  Rowen and I were with Gil, Allen, Denise, and Kris; with the other half of our group with Nora and Vanessa.

The problem with Nora’s plan was that I’m the best student in both subjects, and while she and Vanessa didn’t feel the need for my help; everyone else – including Michael and Tim – did.  That meant that I had regular visitors from their group, and all that really accomplished was to slow us down.  There were eight chairs around the dining room table, and Lily and Marc ended up sitting with us for about half of the time we had until we stopped for dinner.

Nora’s parents fed us; and Rowen and I were again segregated from her, Vanessa, Michael, and Tim while we ate.  That didn’t bother me at all, and I really loved getting to know her parents; older brother, Nolan; and older sister, Nancy.  Nolan’s a senior like Dillon, Jake, and Stephanie; and he’s as excited about going away to college as they all are.  Nancy is in Grade Ten, and since she’s big into music and band; Rowen and I had lots in common to talk about with her.  Their parents are really great too, and my only tweeird zone problem for that hour or so was because Rowen and I joined in to help with the clean-up; and that might have been why Nora’s mother drafted her to help too.  Vanessa joined the crew about two seconds after Michael and Tim did; so it didn’t actually take that long to get everything done and get back to our studies.  Nora’s brother and sister each had a couple of friends over after dinner to study too; but Nancy and her friends went up to her room while Nolan and his buddies used the family room.

I’ll guess that there was an ulterior motive for having our evening study session wrap up by a bit after eight, but I was ready to go home by then anyway; and Rowen was happy to go with me.  Tim and Michael did not leave with the rest of us; and while Vanessa was looking very smug about that; I did manage to keep my mouth shut this time.

And then I gave Michael a hug on the way out just because I’d suddenly been in that kind of mood.  Since he was grinning when Rowen and I left, I’m sure that he knew exactly why he’d been hugged; but I didn’t even look Vanessa’s way to find out what kind of tweeird trouble I’d gotten myself into.

Rowen had thought it was hilarious; and teased me about it all the way home.  I had that coming to me for temporarily losing my mind; and her jokes and commentary were rally funny.  Back at home, I started out with a snack break and chat with Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana.  Dealing with exams has kept me out of the loop a lot over the last week.  Mom and the twins had some fun stories from their morning at KidZone.  Today Mom got to work with Isabelle – she’s working at KidZone again this summer; and it sounds like we need to get our updates about her and Andrew from another source; since Dillon has apparently been giving us the condensed version.  Then again, Violet will be here in less than two weeks; and she’ll definitely do better with that.  Mom only has one more Tuesday morning shift at KidZone, and then they’ll be adding some teen help too; and won’t need as many volunteers until September – and only if Sharon White isn’t ready to come back to work by then.

We had a little play time too, and after Ethan and Ehlana were in bed; the rest of my night has been a near-repeat of last night except for the subject of my Magi lesson with Mom.  I’m even just about to the getting out of the tub stage of my bath and get ready for bed plan; the rest of my nightly computing is finished; and I’m definitely ready for some quality time with my pillows and Mandy.  Three more days of exams, and even better – only two more study group nights; and it’ll al be over except for the wind-down, last week of school.  Come on, summer holidays – I am so ready for you!

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!