Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Cassie's Journal - June 16, 2013



Happy Father’s Day to all of my favorite members of that club!

Hopefully Dad is enjoying the rest of his special day, but since he – and Mom – were given a kid-free night for one of the gifts; I don’t really want to know any of the details.  I’m staying with Rowen tonight; Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne have Ethan and Ehlana with them; and Violet is with Stephanie.

While their entertainment tonight isn’t kid-rated, the rest of our day was great.  The rain from Saturday ended overnight, so Tai Chi by the river was an option; and so were the lunch and dinner barbeques and an outdoor play afternoon – though we did get a dash of rain here and there that mostly just added a bit to the humidity today.  Ethan, Ehlana, and I started Dad’s day out with a hugs and kisses wake-up call that came with gifts, toddler bouncing on the bed, and a minor pillow fight.  Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne came over in time for Tai Chi; and Grandma and Grandpa joined us for breakfast.  We had gifts for Grandpa and Uncle Adam too, and the best story of the morning was Aunt Leanne’s little surprise for Uncle Adam when she advised him that their baby was starting to make an empathic connection with her.

Mom’s going to start working with Aunt Leanne on that – and they’re going to continue developing the new pre-natal Magi training program that Mom and Aunt Deborah started working on with Leah.  It’ll be interesting to see how that works out; and it will be really cool if I get to help out later when we’re closer to Aunt Leanne’s due date.

Getting back to the Father’s Day action, the Dads had the day off, and Violet needed to get ready and hit the road for Woodvale, so I was drafted for the cooking and cleaning crews.  That didn’t leave me much time to get ready for church – so I cheated.  Yeah, I know it isn’t fair, but I’ll guess that every girl would take advantage of being able to do a time-phase now and then if they could.  I thought it was worth the effort when we met up with Michael and his family on the way to church.

For the record, I picked up Jacob’s gift back when Ethan, Ehlana, and I were getting gifts for all of our favorite family and friends fathers – just as we had gifts to give out this morning to Uncle Nick, Naomi and Aiden’s fathers, and a few others.  Teasing me about that was totally unfair today!  On the other hand, that was at least more fun than the tweeirdness that silently hit the fan when we all got to church.  I only needed to take one look at Vanessa and Nora to know that they’d heard about one or more of the Michael and me stories from Friday; and were not happy about it.  They were waiting outside when we saw them, and the fact that I was holding Michael’s hand didn’t help the situation.  Michael gets bonus points for not letting go of my hand when I let go to give him the choice.  He just squeezed a bit tighter and smiled a bit more brightly than we both already were.  It’s a good thing that I had a lot of warm fuzzies going on from that because the next hour was fairly frosty for me – especially during Sunday school.  At least Pastor Martha helped me out by giving the fathers in the congregation her annual short service gift.

Vanessa and Nora didn’t talk to me at all, but I’m sure that at least two of the girls who did grill me about the gossip from Friday were recruited.  Being honest didn’t go over very well even though I really only confirmed the stories without adding any details.  Since Lisa wasn’t looking happy with me this morning either, I took a moment to explain to her that I’d crossed over last week; but again without the details of how.  I think that did at least help a bit; but since I’m doing such a lousy job of being a tween so far; I could be wrong about that.  As for Vanessa, I don’t know what she’ll do next; but I’m sure Michael and I will find out soon enough when he starts his days off tomorrow.

I didn’t really spend any time with Michael while we were at church.  Tim was hanging out with him and they were both with some of the other guys.  Nora may not have put him to work collecting information too, but I heard enough to know that the guys wanted to know about Friday nearly as much as the girls did.  The looks being directed my way from some of the guys weren’t anything like what I was getting from Vanessa and Nora, but to be honest; it felt just about as tweeird.  At least I wasn’t alone for that – Rowen was still getting some attention that I’m sure is a direct result of our swimsuit time at the park on Friday.  She may not lose her brainiac bookworm status; but I wouldn’t be surprised if the adjective ‘hottest’ gets added to the front of her unofficial title by the end of the summer.

Let’s get back to the Father’s Day event report.  With the short service, even the Stone family didn’t need to rush off to the Inn, and though I didn’t hang out with Michael while waiting to walk home again; we were with our families when we left; and we held hands again until we split up outside of the Inn.  I included him in the round of goodbye hugs, but there were a lot of people around us; and I didn’t even attempt adding a kiss – though I probably would have if we’d had a bit of privacy.

The rest of my day was fun and entertaining; but nothing particularly newsworthy to write about.  We added Uncle Nick, Aunt Deborah, and Leah for our barbeque lunch because they were doing dinner with his family tonight; and they spent a couple of hours with us before needing to take Leah home for some nap time.  We played at the park; some of us went for a short canoe ride; and Rowen and I did some swimming.  Rowen was doing the family dinner thing with the Emersons tonight, and we had dinner with the same group that was here for breakfast – except for Violet.  She and Dillon were back in town by then, but they were having dinner with his family.  I had lots of time to help with the dinner clean-up and to play with Ethan and Ehlana before Rowen, her parents, Patrick, and Scott collected me on their way home from the late buffet at the Inn.

The rest of our evening hasn’t been boring, but Patrick and Scott didn’t have any new gags or tricks tonight; and the only thing I have to mention is that Patrick continues to be very upset with me.  He hasn’t figured out how to deal with that yet, and was trying to keep up appearances around Scott even though he didn’t really feel like playing their usual sleepover games.  That’s the only reason that Rowen and I mostly played along with them tonight and tried to make it more fun for them.

We’ve had some girl chat time too – once the boys were ordered to cease and desist so the parents could get some sleep; and since Rowen didn’t really have anything new to tease me about; we mostly talked about what we wanted to do for the next four days – and about the shopping trip on Friday.  Even with Alicia helping Mom full-time, I’m going to spend more time playing with Ethan and Ehlana, and Rowen and I both have work too; so making those plans isn’t as easy as it used to be.  One decision was easy, though, and that was making Monday and Tuesday two of our play days.  Patricia and Owen were not surprised to hear that, and Patricia did tease me about it while we were discussing the work side of our schedule with them earlier tonight.  We’re tentatively going with Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday mornings for work shifts, with adjustments as needed – like for our shopping trip on Friday that Rowen and Patricia will both be going on.

Getting back to our play plans, we’re getting more rain again tonight, and then tomorrow is looking fairly good while we could be in for a rainy day for Violet’s birthday on Tuesday.  The rain is probably going to keep us from having the second camping adventure of the summer holidays that we’d wanted to do tomorrow night, and we’re going to wing it on Tuesday; but we’re going to do a picnic lunch at the park with Ethan and Ehlana tomorrow; and then we’ll hopefully get to do some biking with Michael and Tim if they want to do that with us in the afternoon.  We’ll do another sleepover at my house tomorrow night, but that’s mostly so that Rowen can be with us for the birthday breakfast we’ll be doing for Violet before she goes to Crystal Springs with Dillon, Jake, and Stephanie for the day.

Dad’s going to be having dinner with them on Tuesday night – and with Uncle Rick, Aunt Melissa, Chris, Martin, and Dawn.  I wish we could be there for that, but Mom already decided that she had too much to get done this week to take two or three days off – even though Aunt Leanne offered to watch Ethan, Ehlana, and me overnight if she wanted to go and do a five-star sleepover with Dad.  I really didn’t want to wrap this up on a note like that – and definitely don’t want to be thinking about parental sleepovers or kid-free nights; but that is all I have to report, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!