Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Cassie's Journal - March 30, 2013



Happy 18th birthday, Jake!

I wouldn’t have ‘officially’ been allowed to know about him anyway, but this will not be an extra-special birthday for Jake anyway; and he will not be having ‘the talk’ that every Magi teen is most excited about when they finally turn eighteen.

Before you wonder if that little news flash affects my little crush on Jake, don’t forget that it isn’t news for me – I’ve known who nearly all of the Magi are since the summer before last.  The exemption Rowen and I gave him when we were nine and ten still applies, and even if she knew he wasn’t a Magi too; Rowen wouldn’t want to change that any more than I do.

I wasn’t involved in Jake’s birthday celebrations at all – in fact, I didn’t even see him around town today; and sent my happy birthday wishes to him through Violet, Michael, and an e-card and email that I sent first thing this morning.  Though Mom and Dad hadn’t planned on a big house and yard work day, we had a fairly nice weather morning; so Dad and I spent some extra time working in the yard and cleaning up the storage barn.  That included cleaning up a few canoes in the hope that we’d have some warmer weather soon so we could enjoy some play time on the river soon.  I worked on the porches, paths, and sidewalks; helped with cleaning up some downed branches; and we washed the truck, van, and Violet’s car.

While we were doing that, Mom, Violet, and Alicia were busy with housework and doing a little running round town.  Violet was able to hang out with Mom because Dillon was working the breakfast and lunch shifts at the Inn so that he’d have the evening off for Jake’s party.  They were able to do a short lesson too while Alicia took Ethan and Ehlana out for a little play time at the park; but even that was just some Magi-assisted cleaning.

Violet, Alicia, and I were all set free after lunch today, and I hopped on my bike and headed over to meet up with Rowen at the computer store.  They’d had a busy morning, and Rowen was just finishing her lunch when I got there, so we had time for a little visit with her Mom while they both ate and then we were off and riding.  That’s when we met up with Michael.  He was starting an extended afternoon break since he’d be helping out at the Inn tonight while all of the older teens were celebrating Jake’s birthday.  I strongly suspect it wasn’t a coincidence that he was on his way to meet up with Tim at Landry’s at the same time that Rowen and I were getting started on our play afternoon.  What I don’t know is who tipped him off; though Tim’s look of surprise at seeing Rowen and me with Michael when he joined us outside looked very suspicious; and so did the grins that he tried not to let me see.

So now we get to the tweeird part of the day.  Going for another bike ride together was fun – right up until the first band of the forecasted rain moved through while we were still about a half-mile north of town.  We were all fairly damp by the time we got back to town, and Rowen was nice enough to invite the guys to come home with us so we could warm up, get dried off, and have a snack break together.  I don’t even want to think about Tim’s jokes about her suggestion being better than doing that at his house, Michael’s, or Rowen’s where there were no parental units around.  I’m sure he would be right about that kind of story being a hit on the town gossip network, but the tweeird zone that was my house for the next hour or so will be a very entertaining story too – if it gets out.

First of all, we were more than ‘damp’ when we walked into the house, and that already felt weird before Mom ordered us to lose the wet shoes and clothes and get changed.  I’m so glad she at least let Rowen and I go up to my room, and sent Michael and Tim into one of the guest bedrooms on the second floor to do that.  Dad was recruited to get dry clothes that Michael and Tim could wear while their clothes were dried.  The temporary fashion ensembles he came up with for them weren’t likely going to be anything that might become the next fad at school, but at least they were warm; and I was grateful that Dad hadn’t tried to give them any of my track pants or workout clothes to wear despite the fact that they would have fit better.

Laugh all you want, but I’m in Grade Seven, and have no doubt about whether there would be jokes making the rounds about having not one, but two boys getting into my pants – especially since Tim is often a primary source of those kinds of jokes.

The tweeird continued as soon as Rowen and I met up with Michael and Tim in the kitchen.  I was immediately positive that I shouldn’t have picked one of my soft, warm, fuzzy sweaters to wear even if it was warm and one of my favorites.  Michael’s jaw would have hit the floor if the table hadn’t been in the way; and I don’t think anybody in the room missed his reaction to seeing me.  Ehlana was sitting in his lap; and she giggled and hugged him enthusiastically.

Rowen and I had needed longer to get changed and downstairs again, mostly because we’d needed to deal with our wet hair.  Maybe it was the change from wind-blown and wet that made such an impression, but I was wishing that I’d picked something else to wear while Rowen was quite happy about the reactions from both Michael and Tim; and the rest of my family thought the whole scene was cute and entertaining.  Mom already had hot chocolate ready, and she’d warmed up an apple pie in the oven; so Rowen and I were directed to sit down at the table right away.  Ehlana made sure that I sat next to Michael, and climbed from his lap into mine for a hug and cuddle.

That little move wasn’t the only one used to nudge Michael and I together over the next hour or so while he and Tim waited for their clothes.  I’m sure that Mom wasn’t making excuses about washing their clothes because she didn’t want the dirt in her dryer, but it did make for a convenient excuse to keep the two boys hanging around for longer than they would have if she hadn’t thrown their jeans and sweaters in to wash too.  We had time for our snack; Ehlana and Ethan wanted us to play music after that; and we played video games for the rest of the time.  The rest of the tweeird included Ehlana getting Michael to sit with her next to me on my keyboard bench while I played; and getting me to sit next to him on the sectional sofa while he and Tim played video games, she sat on my lap, and Ethan sat in his and tried to use the game controller.

I am not crossing over, but I had fun despite the tweeird; it felt way too good sitting there with Michael and the twins; and he is so great with them that it’s no wonder that Ethan and Ehlana love him so much.

I’m sure that timing the clothes being dried and ready to go when Michael needed to be back to the Inn was not completely a coincidence, and it was probably another pair of nudges that led to me being in the lounge on my own when Michael just happened to be sent upstairs to help me with carrying the glasses and bowls we’d used while playing video games down to the kitchen to be cleaned.  Nice try, but nothing happened for the couple of minutes we were alone.  I’m sure that Aunt Leanne will want to tell me how disappointing that news will be for her, but I’m sure she’ll survive.  The goodbye hugs that Ethan and Ehlana had for Michael were spontaneous – even if they might have had ulterior motives too when getting him to pass each of them off to me instead of just getting set down again, but that was their last nudge opportunity before he and Tim left.

Dad gave them a ride to the Inn and shop, and once they’d left; Rowen and I went back up to my room so we could chat and hang out there for the last hour or so we had left before she needed to be home.  She’d needed to tease me about Michael too, but the tweeird was over for the day, and we had fun; played with Mandy; and watched some music videos until it was time for her to go too.  It’s been another quiet night since then.  With a big food day ahead tomorrow, we just had a light dinner.  I was on the clean-up crew, and after that, we had a couple of hours of play time; Ethan and Ehlana did the full bath and bedtime routine; and I spent some quality time with my Jacuzzi after they were tucked in for the night.

Mom, Dad, and I played Easter Bunny after that.  There are Easter Bunny footprints all over the house now; eggs and surprises tucked in here and there along those footprint trails; and six Easter baskets waiting to be ‘found’ on the dining room table.  That was a lot of fun, but we’re all going to need to be up early to have time to have time to play that little game with Ethan and Ehlana and still have time to get ready for the sunrise service at church.  Violet’s still at Jake’s party, and will likely be late – and tired when she does get her early morning wake-up call - but I’ve skipped all of my usual nightly computing except for checking my email and writing this journal entry.  Since I won’t get that birthday party update until tomorrow sometime, that’s all the news for today anyway, so I’m going to wrap this up too; cuddle with Mandy; and get some sleep.  Dreaming about bunnies will be easy tonight – yummy, dark chocolate, Olde Bakery Easter Bunnies!

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!