Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Cassie's Journal - March 3, 2013



Today is the second anniversary of the day Rowen and I found out that we were both Magi.  We couldn’t exactly celebrate the occasion around her parents, Patrick, and Scott; but we still shared a quiet, happy moment when I woke Rowen up after finishing my Tai Chi exercise.

It wasn’t long after that when Patrick and Scott started doing their very best to make up for missing out on bugging Rowen and me last night, but even their antics couldn’t keep us from having fun; and we were still fired up as we got ready for church and had breakfast.  If I’d had time and opportunity to do it, I should have made up some memory-videos and pictures of Rowen’s snowboarding; since the two younger boys refused to believe that she’d been as awesome as I assured them she had been.  We suggested that they ask Michael, Tim, Lisa, Nora, or some of the other teens who had seen us on the slopes about it, but I don’t know if they did that or not while we were at church.

Even with some bonus hair styling fun, we managed to be at the church early, and had to wait to meet up with Mom, Dad, and the twins.  Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam barely made it before the service started, and I had extra, gentle hugs for Aunt Leanne after finding out that they were running behind because she’d been dealing with a tough bout of morning sickness.  So far, that hadn’t been too serious for her; and we were all hoping that her first trimester would be more like Aunt Deborah’s than Mom’s was with the twins.

Pastor Lewis was doing the sermon today, and though Rowen and I were in Sunday school with the rest of the kids and teens; we always knew when one of the Pastors were on a roll because our lessons would be finished long before the church service ended.  That wasn’t a problem today, since that just gave us extra time to work on getting everything ready for Easter.  When we were eventually set free, Rowen and I met up with our parents, Aunt Leanne, and Uncle Adam, and started making plans for the afternoon.

Dad had done all of his job work while I was away, so he was taking the day off.  Aunt Leanne still wasn’t feeling very good, so she and Mom decided to have lunch together; and then Uncle Adam was going to take Aunt Leanne home to relax and have a do-nothing rest of the day.  The Emersons already had lunch plans, but they agreed to some play time with us after that, and dinner at our house, so by the time we left the church; we had our play day game plan.  I needed to go home with Rowen first so I could grab my bags and snow gear.  She helped me carry everything to my house, and I had everything put away or in my room by the time Mom and Dad had our soup and sandwiches lunch ready.

Aunt Leanne really wasn’t feeling well, and barely ate anything.  That was as tough to take as it had been with Mom, and I even missed having her tease me about Michael when she couldn’t manage more than a couple of mild zingers while hearing about my snowboarding adventures.  Uncle Adam took her home as soon as we were finished lunch, and I was drafted to help with the clean-up.  We’d finished that, and had been taking a break in the living room for a while when Rowen came over again with her parents, brother, and Scott in tow.

It’s been another nice day, and a bit warmer, so we decided to start our play afternoon with a trip to the toboggan hill for some sledding action.  There were quite a few parents out playing with their kids this afternoon, and Ethan and Ehlana loved their first experience sliding down the hill on sleds with Mom, Dad, Rowen, or me.  Patrick and Scott spent as much time trying to goad Rowen and I into snowball fights as they did tobogganing; and had both some of their friends and our classmates willing to help out with that mission.  That was good for them, but not as good as having our Moms and Dads on our side was for Rowen and me.  We played there for nearly an hour and a half before Ethan and Ehlana were ready to go home, and we were all ready for some hot drinks and Olde Bakery snacks.

We had our little break in the kitchen, and then went upstairs to my room and the lounge.  Patrick and Scott talked Dad and Owen into a video game competition that Ethan went with them to watch while Rowen and I had a music practice in my room.  Mom, Patricia, and Ehlana took turns trying to play the flute, saxophone, and keyboard with varying success; and that kept all of us entertained for most of the time we had left before the parents headed downstairs again to start making dinner.

That next hour was fairly challenging for Rowen and me.  Patrick and Scott went into full goof mode while we were unsupervised; and had a non-stop repertoire of pranks and gags to throw at us.  Ethan and Ehlana were playing normal toddlers, and that unfortunately included giggling a lot at the boys’ antics; helping to egg them on to try even harder to bug us.  Thankfully, the dinner bell eventually saved us; and we actually had a reasonably quiet, fun meal together.  Rowen and her parents helped out with the cleanup, and then headed home for the night with Patrick and Scott; though Scott’s parents would be reclaiming him soon.

It was quiet here on the home front after that.  Mom and Dad both worked through a Magi lesson with Ethan, Ehlana, and me; we watched a little television; did the full bath and bedtime routine with the twins; and then I was set free to come up to my room for some Jacuzzi and study time.  I finished my language lessons while I was in the tub, and finished a comparatively small archive assignment while doing my hair and getting ready for bed.  That just left the usual nightly computer checks and this journal entry to do after I climbed into bed with Mandy, so I’m just about ready to call it a night and get some sleep.

We have two weeks – twelve days – to go until March Break, so we’ll likely be busy at school this week.  Uncle Adam’s birthday is on Thursday, so that should be a fun day; but I’ve already been advised that we’ll mostly be having a work weekend to make up for this weekend, and to get ready for March Break too.  Compared to the last two days, that doesn’t sound very exciting, but I’m sure we’ll still manage to have a little fun here and there too.

That’s all I have for now, and I really do need to get a little extra rest now, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!