Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Cassie's Journal - March 27, 2013



Happy 2nd birthday, Jayden!

He wasn’t particularly interested in the phone call with us this morning, but Jaimie and Kaitlyn entertained us for a while before we sat down to have breakfast; and it sounded like they were having a good morning and start to their little brother’s big day.

That helped to make for a fun start to the day, and the ongoing entertainment from the pajama pants boys at school helped to offset the continuing empathic problems I’m having whenever I’m anywhere near either Michael or Lisa.  They were ‘together’ today, particularly when they were hanging out with the couples club at lunch; but then they weren’t really together either.

There were more than a few tweeird moments today too, with the first being just about everything surrounding gym class.  Maybe I was just oblivious on Monday, but Rowen and I definitely noticed that we were getting second and third looks from the other girls in the locker room while getting changed before and after class; and we were getting some attention from the boys during class too.  That’s right, the new underwear change apparently affects nearly every aspect of our lives; and while Rowen is as shy as always at school, and especially in the locker room; I know that she’s secretly thrilled by the attention.  I’m mostly just weirded out by all of it.

Since we’re going there now anyway, I’ll also mention that there is some weirdness at home too; though that’s all entirely my problem.  Seeing Mom’s bras drying in the laundry room has never bothered me.  My training bras were dryer-safe; and not a problem.  Now that my new bras need to be hand-washed and hung to dry; I’m a little freaked out about having my underwear on semi-public display.  I’m sure I’ll get used to it, but not anytime soon; and I’ve suddenly become extremely conscientious about getting my clean laundry up to my room and put away.

Getting back on topic, the extra attention made gym class totally tweeird, and that affected me enough that I hit four three-point baskets in a row before Rowen nudged me and whispered a reminder that we weren’t playing in the WNBA; and the last thing I’d wanted right then was more attention from either the boys or girls.  Tweeird Zone moment number two, if you’re counting by overall scenes, came during music class.  Today, Michael was wearing hospital scrub-style pajama pants, and we both found out that they are very thin compared to the jeans or khakis he usually wears; the contact between us while we were playing our saxophones had an effect on him; and those hospital scrubs are not capable of hiding the observable reactions, if you catch my drift.  For once, I was one of the first students out of that class; and he was one of the last after apparently needing to fix a couple of things before putting his, um, instrument away.  I know, but that was the joke Rowen whispered to me when she caught up to me, and while I was a bit mortified that she’d noticed too; we were both laughing about it – that – the joke! – for the rest of the afternoon.

While it was an after-school play day, our first order of business once we’d been set free from Spanish class was to head over to the salon for the Easter hair appointments our Moms had booked for us with Liz.  Vicky and Liz were booked solid pretty much all week, so Liz didn’t have time to play with our hair like she does sometimes, but while I just went with getting my bangs trimmed and less than an inch off the back to even things up; Rowen let Liz change up her hair style a bit, and they used up the extra time that I hadn’t needed to do that.  They were both happy with the results, and I think Rowen’s new look is awesome.

We were just getting ready to head home from the salon when tweeird scene number three popped up; though this time, it was Rowen who entered the tweeird zone while I was just there to witness it.  ‘Tommy’ walked into the shop with his girlfriend while we were paying our bill.  They both did a double-take when they saw Rowen, though Tommy managed to recover from the wide-eyed open-mouthed reaction before it was noticed by the wrong girl; and he dodged some potential tween trouble of his own.  The little chat we had with them before leaving was awkward, and Rowen had gone into full shy mode, but once we were out of sight of the salon windows; I hugged her enthusiastically, and she did a little happy dance before we hurried home to get our homework done and hopefully still have a little time to play before dinner.

We ended up just hanging out in the lounge and my room, and after getting our homework done; we played a little music, and had a little telepathic chat with Ethan and Ehlana while Mom was busy.  The rest of the evening has been fairly quiet.  Mom did separate Magi lessons – one with Ethan and Ehlana while Dad and I took care of the kitchen clean-up; and mine right after that while the twins played with their science lab on the conference table in the office.  It was a full bath and bed routine night for them, and I helped Mom with that; spent some quality time in my Jacuzzi once they were tucked in; and buzzed through my language and archive studies with a little time-phase help.  I made an exception for that tonight mostly because I feel the need for more than four or five hours of sleep.  We only have one more school day before the Easter weekend, and even though we aren’t going to have a house full of guests; we still have a lot going on just with the extra church services and family fun.

I probably shouldn’t waste any of that extra nap time, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!