Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, March 1, 2013

Cassie's Journal - February 28, 2013

I hadn’t really thought about it, but we’ve missed two Day Two schedule school days because of snow – even those of us in town that had a half-day last Thursday didn’t really do any new work while our country classmates were home.  That meant that it was make-up time today; and will be again tomorrow for our bi-weekly Day Two Friday.

With our teachers keeping us busy, the fun level was a bit lower than usual.  Michael met up with Rowen and I for our lunchtime music practice, and we knew that continued to irritate Lisa, but other than looking in to the music room while wandering by a couple of times and continuing to give me the cold shoulder; she seemed to be getting along fine with Michael all day; and we didn’t have any personal tweeird moments – while we were at school.

Rowen and I were both back to our usual Tuesday-Thursday after school jobs, so I only stopped in at the computer store long enough for a little chat with her parents before going home; grabbing a snack and drink to go; and heading into the office to get started on my family business work.  I did my homework at high speed too before stopping for dinner, but that really didn’t take long; and my job was definitely more interesting.

I’m not tired of winter yet or anything, but working on projects to get ready for summer retail and manufacturing had me thinking about long, hot summer days even though we still have three and a half months or so to go before summer holidays.  Talking about that, and other family business issues, ended up being a big part of our dinner conversation, and though that might not be most twelve-year old kids’ idea of fun; it was for me.  We’re dealing with a lot of challenges that can vary quite a bit in different countries and regions; and even with our special abilities, it’s still a lot of work to our businesses the way we want them operated and be successful too.

Since I’d worked in the office right through until dinnertime, I was drafted for the clean-up crew of two; and Dad and I took care of that little chore while Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana got ready to go out to the Inn for game night.  Aunt Leanne had been too busy to spend any time with me over the past couple of days, so when we met up with her and Uncle Adam in the dining room at the Inn; she was ready to go with an ongoing litany of jokes about my recent snow adventures with Michael.  She added in a healthy dose of hugging comments and offers; and wrapped up the night with a discussion about why neither Michael nor I were able to win the junior championship with Lisa or Rowen this week.  Rowen found everything Aunt Leanne was doing and saying very funny, but Lisa was far from amused.

I didn’t make things any easier for myself with Lisa, but I had fun with the whole thing.  Trying to defend myself or Michael was a bad tactic, so I mostly just teased Aunt Leanne right back.  Suggesting that Uncle Adam might need a new game night partner because his was too busy with extra-curricular entertainment to concentrate on the games earned some laughs, and so did my suggestions for possible replacements.  Grandma Eleanor is younger than Aunt Leanne now, so adding some youth to his team might be just what Uncle Adam needs to get back to winning senior championships again.  Baby and pregnancy-related counter-jokes were mostly a hit too, but at best our little comedy contest was a draw; and I’d say that Aunt Leanne had a slight edge if only because she was far more determined than I was.

At least Mom and Dad didn’t have to deal with similar jokes – they won the senior championship tonight, though they gave credit for that to Ethan and Ehlana for successfully distracting all of their opponents while they were busy playing to win.  Aunt Leanne attempted to have a little more fun with Michael and me before we went home, but Mom and Dad saved us from that by deciding to take Ethan, Ehlana, and me home right after the championships were announced instead of staying with Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam after she volunteered to help with the clean-up.  I was glad to have the out – especially when Lisa made it obvious that she was not leaving her boyfriend with any opportunities to get into more tween trouble.  I really hope that Aunt Leanne didn’t do anything after we left that I’ll regret tomorrow.

The rest of the night has been all about studying for me.  Dad had work to get done in the office, but Mom was just putting Ethan and Ehlana straight to bed, so other than taking a few minutes to help her with that; I’ve been working in my room since getting home.  A little keyboard practice wasn’t part of my study plan, but I did that for a half hour anyway when I needed a little break between my work in the archives and on my language lessons and practice.

Even with the short school week, I’m looking forward to the weekend – and some more quality snow play time with my friends.  That’s going to make for a fun first weekend of March – I didn’t really even notice until now that February officially became history hours ago now.  With my little musical interlude, I’ve stayed up working a bit too late, so I’m going to wrap this up and get started on my not-very-long winter’s nap.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!