Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Cassie's Journal - March 5, 2013



There were two tests at school today; assignments to work on in other classes; Rowen and I worked our after-school jobs; and I helped Mom out with another double-dinner cooking session so we could deliver another meal to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne tonight.  I’m starting out with that list because apparently, according to a few of my classmates, I was having too much fun today.

I’ve admitted lots of times that my ‘normal tween’ act isn’t very good, or at least I don’t think I’m handling my tween years very well so far; and I received some anecdotal, if not empirical, proof of that today.  Rowen was having another happy day, but her brainiac bookworm reputation lets her get away with finding major test days fun; and she thought that the complaints directed my way were really funny.  I’d try to be more like my best friend, but let’s face it – I’d never be able to bottle up my hyper-active personality for very long even if I could use my Magi abilities to help me try to do that.

At least this kind of tween trouble doesn’t have all the weird that goes along with the boy-girl drama that keeps popping up in my life no matter how much I try to avoid it.

It’s Tuesday, so you can probably guess that it was our lunchtime music practice that led to the tweeird moments of the day.  Just having Michael there with us was enough to irritate Lisa, and the fact that we were laughing and having fun both times she just happened to pass by the music room helped to take that irritation up a couple or three notches.  That was all my fault too, and Rowen was just as amused about that as she was about the complaints about me being too happy before, during, and after our tests.

There isn’t anything else to report from school, and my family business work mostly involved working through a bunch of fairly unexciting reports and proposals.  The news from home was mostly about Aunt Leanne again today.  She had another tough morning, and Mom was there to help her out again, but she pulled it together by lunchtime; and worked in the office all afternoon.  We made dinner for them again because Mom didn’t want Aunt Leanne’s morning sickness to be set off again by the smells of raw or cooking meat; and that pretty much worked as planned.  Aunt Leanne even managed to eat more than she’d been able to handle in total since Sunday.

Doctor Adam made sure that his wife had another quiet evening, and was personally making sure that happened.  Back at our place, after delivering their food, Mom and I had dinner with Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana; and then we got started on another work night.  The only difference to last night was that Mom took the time to do two Magi lessons – one for Ethan and Ehlana; and one with me after they went to bed for the night.  We did both of those in the office, and I continued working on the family business while everyone else was busy with work, Magi lessons, or the iPad entertainment that kept Ethan and Ehlana busy when they weren’t doing their lesson with Mom.

I came up to my room after helping to get Ethan and Ehlana tucked into bed, and there isn’t much of anything to report from my archive reading or language studies.  There were some interesting family email updates, and the one from Aunt Grace reminded me that I didn’t even mention her day in Crystal Springs with Aunt Leanne on Saturday.  I knew from Mom and Aunt Leanne that she’d picked out her gown and the bridal party dresses; taken care of a little wedding-related shopping while they were there; and had a fun day.  Aunt Grace’s email included jokes about needing to work out with her trainer for the next few weeks just to make up for the fast food she had with Aunt Leanne on the weekend; though she was at least glad that they’d waited until after the dress fitting before pigging out for the rest of the day.

While her version of the weekend report was fun, I was also glad to hear about her upcoming trip to spend the Easter weekend with Mark and his family in Seattle.  They probably at least thought about meeting somewhere else so they could have a weekend with a little more alone time than they’ll get to have in Seattle, but spending some extra time with his family before Mark makes the big move here will be good for all of them.  I really love the warm fuzzies that come for a visit every time I hear about how great everything is turning out for Aunt Grace and Mark.

The rest of the email news included a baby update; March Break plans for my cousins in Woodvale and Granite Park; and some fashion news from Violet about what she was wearing to the Spring dance at school a week from Saturday.  I haven’t wanted to even think about the dance, let alone make multiple choices for what to wear, depending on what the weather will be like for the first weekend of Spring Break.  I’m sure that the whole anniversary thing with Dillon makes this dance a big deal for Violet, but my fashion plan for that is to grab something out of the closet when it’s time to get dressed and head over to the school.

Now that I’m thinking about scary things like school dances, though, now I’m going to need to spend some time not thinking about soft, comfy (not cuddly or cute) bunnies; so I need to wrap this up and get started on that.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!