Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Cassie's Journal - March 13, 2013



It’s starting to feel like the holiday is almost here now that we’ve finished our last Day One schedule classes for the week. (This is a Day Two Friday week.)

Dance fever seems to have hit most of the tweens and teens now, but I’ve been immune so far; and will hopefully be able to self-heal if I do catch it between now and Saturday.  Rowen has a mild case of it, but she doesn’t want a cure – she’d like to have a more serious case of it; if only ‘Tommy’ wasn’t currently taken, and still pretty much oblivious to seeing her the same way he has pretty much since they first started school.

There really wasn’t much to report from school.  We’re still getting extra work, and while everyone is still talking about the dance and March Break; there hasn’t been any major news flashes.  It started warming up again today, so Rowen and I spent part of our lunchtime outside, but it’s going to be the next couple of days that are really going to be nice; so we decided to switch our work and play nights around so we could have a better outdoor play day.

Rowen had needed to get parental approval for that change, but they didn’t have a problem with moving up the work they had planned for her on Thursday.  Mom was working in the office anyway while Ethan and Ehlana were busy with some Grade Ten final exams; so we did the after-school snack there before I fired up my computer and got to work too.

We went with an easy-dinner night, and followed that up with more work in the office; separate Magi lessons for the twins and I; and then Mom and I did the full bath and bedtime routine with Ethan and Ehlana.  That included a story and snack break with Dad in the office, and after my brother and sister were tucked in; I headed up to my room to get started on my studying while multi-tasking some Jacuzzi time.

I don’t think that watching Ethan and Ehlana doing their Grade Ten tests had anything to do with it, but I’ve decided that I’m ready to move on to my next language study.  There’s a bit more that I want to wrap up tomorrow night before taking March Break off, but other than keeping brushed up on my Javanese and Malagasy, the same as I do for every other language I’ve learned; I’m ready to move on from the Polynesian/Malayo languages.  Next up: Punjabi.

My archive ‘homework’ assignment from my lesson took about an hour to finish, and then I spent some time working on our Magi project archive.  Though Mom went through the tween years too, she and Uncle Adam both think that I have a unique opportunity and perspective for observing and analyzing the Magi, Latents, and normal tweens and teens – especially since I can observe them all day at school.  That includes studying my own development, and comparing that to my friends and classmates.  I won’t bore you with the details – if you’re interested; feel free to hop over to that section of the archives – but I actually do seem to find out new things all the time right now in particular about how Magi develop through puberty – and the differences between the three groups.

Anyway, I didn’t get around to my nightly computer checks until one o’clock, and it’s heading toward one-thirty now, so I’m going to wrap this up; call it a night; and get some sleep.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!