Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Cassie's Journal - March 18, 2013



Not going to school this morning definitely made it really fell like March Break today, even if we didn’t exactly get nice, warm spring weather.

I was awake as soon as I sensed Dad moving around the house, and had some time to help him with luggage and his work cases before needing to give Ethan and Ehlana a hand so they could spend some time with him too before he left for Crystal Springs.  We talked with him while he had a quick breakfast and then Dad helped me get Ethan and Ehlana tucked into my bed with Rowen and Mandy.  I went back downstairs to see him off with hugs and kisses; cleaned up the kitchen; and then I went back up to my room for a little extra nap time.

Sleeping in was an option, but I wasn’t up again much later than normal.  Ethan and Ehlana stayed in bed and entertained Rowen while I went across the hall and exercised.  They got up too after I was done; Ethan and Ehlana moved on to give Violet her wake-up call; and Rowen and I got dressed first before joining them in Violet’s room.  I haven’t exactly had a lot of parent-free time in my life, but other than making some of the morning decisions – like what to have for breakfast – it really wasn’t that big of a deal to have Violet and Alicia in charge while Mom and Dad were both away.

We’d finished having breakfast and cleaning up by the time Alicia came over; and then Rowen and I were set free to do our own thing while she and Violet took care of Ethan and Ehlana and dealt with the usual morning work – like running a couple of loads of laundry.  It was fairly cold outside, so Rowen and I had a long music practice in my room; played a video game for a while; and had Ethan and Ehlana with us for some fun time too so that Violet and Alicia could have a little break.  Lunch was chicken strips and fries – twins’ choice – and Rowen and I took care of the clean-up before grabbing our bikes and heading out for a little ride.

Since it still wasn’t all that warm out, biking wasn’t really much fun, so we only did a tour around the new section of town, mostly to check out the trailers that were still incoming and being set up to be ready for the construction workers who would be living there while working on the lab, houses, and other projects.  After getting home again, we decided to take Ethan and Ehlana to the park for a while.

Rowen’s laughing at me now that I’ve reached this part of my recap because we ended up having Michael with us for that playground play time.  That happened because Ethan needed to go see Michael when we were walking by his house and he was outside doing some work with his Dad and Jake.  Using his very best public toddler act, my adorable little brother got a temporary get-out-of-work pass for Michael from his parents with just a few hugs, kisses, and baby-talk words.  Ethan might not have had an ulterior motive beyond getting to hang out with Michael, but I saw Miranda grinning at us as we left; and she wasn’t just smiling because Michael looked so cute carrying Ethan on his shoulders.

Cut that out, Rowen!  You know how I meant that ‘cute’ comment.  Am I going to need to start writing my journals after you’re asleep when we’re doing sleepovers?  Let’s try to get back on track.

When we got to the park, Ethan and Ehlana wanted to start out on the swings, and kept Michael, Rowen, and I busy as we did that; ran around with them; and played on the slides, fort, and the rest of the equipment.  When they were cold and ready to go home, Ethan and Ehlana brought Michael back with us for a hot chocolate and bakery treats snack break.  Violet and Alicia joined us for that, and then they took over taking care of Ethan and Ehlana after Michael headed home again to get back to work with his father and brother.

Rowen and I spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out in the lounge until it was time to help Violet and Alicia with making dinner.  We were cooking for eight, because Violet and Alicia had invited their boyfriends to have dinner with us.  I’d been used to having boyfriends sharing babysitting duties thanks to Isabelle and Andrew, and Dillon spent a lot of time at our house whenever Violet was home, but Rowen and I both thought it was a bit weird having Doug Warren here as Alicia’s boyfriend instead of Jenny’s older brother.

We made spaghetti, garlic toast with cheese, and a tray of assorted finger food appetizers; we ate in the dining room; and then Rowen, Ethan, Ehlana, and I were set free to play while the four teens cleaned the kitchen.  Alicia and Doug left after that, and Violet and Dillon joined us in the lounge where we played for a couple of hours until it was time for Ethan and Ehlana to go to bed.  Violet and Dillon took care of that, though Rowen and I were there for the bedtime story and to help tuck them in for the night.

Once they were off to sleep, Violet and Dillon went downstairs to watch a movie in the living room, and Rowen and I came back up to the lounge.  We put a movie on too, but mostly sat and talked; surfed the web; and waited for Mom and Aunt Leanne to get home.  I hadn’t been home for the one phone call they’d made home while waiting for their first flight of the day, but I’d kept track of them while they were traveling, and knew when they were getting close to home; though Rowen and I didn’t go downstairs and risk interrupting Violet and Dillon until we heard Aunt Leanne’s car in the driveway.  Ethan and Ehlana knew that she was home too, and Rowen and I picked them up on the way downstairs so they could get in on the welcome home hugs and kisses.

Uncle Adam had already come over by the time we were in the front hallway; he was helping Mom with her luggage; and Rowen and I helped him to carry everything up to her room after I got a couple of hugs to last me until we got downstairs again.  Aunt Leanne in particular was wiped out by then, so getting their travel stories was going to have to wait.  We had drinks in the kitchen and a little chat, but then Uncle Adam drove Aunt Leanne home to bed; Violet gave Dillon a ride home then too; and Rowen, Ethan, Ehlana and I helped Mom unpack a few things in her room.

Violet was back by the time Mom was ready to get some sleep, and while she spent a few minutes with Mom, Rowen and I put Ethan and Ehlana back to bed again before coming back up to my room.  We picked up where we left off with our chat and internet surfing while winding down again from that last little blast of action.  Ethan, Ehlana, and I would have all liked to have more time with Mom, but she really needs to get some sleep; and we can spend extra time with her for the rest of the week – if we can all find time for that between the work, play, and the lessons Mom needs to do with Violet while she’s here.

We’re not quite ready to sleep yet, but there isn’t anything else to write about for today, so I’m going to finish this up; put my computer away; and hopefully be tired enough to sleep soon.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!