Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Cassie's Journal - March 25, 2013



There is a lot to write about today, but I’ll start with the top news in town – the groundbreaking for the lab; and for the first houses in the news subdivision.

We didn’t exactly have a beautiful Spring day for those big events, and the original plan had not included plowing away snow and slush before starting the digs; but it was still exciting – even for those of us who were busy and school or work, and didn’t actually get to see any of the action until after school.  There was a little ceremony for the lab groundbreaking that Mom took Ethan and Ehlana over for; and Uncle Adam was there as the representative of the company.  Aunt Leanne was there too, since her real estate business dealt with all of the land purchases and sales; but Dad had meetings in the office to deal with, and only a few people even knew that he’d been much more involved in the projects than just dealing with the legal side of the property contracts.

Ethan and Ehlana were fired up all day; and kept Mom busy trying to keep up with them.  I understand why they’re so excited, but on the other hand, the lab project is going to be nothing more than a very big, deep hole in the ground for months before we’ll see anything built above ground.  They’re keeping up with every detail practically as the work is happening, but I’ll probably just get updates from them and during our future plans meetings.

Moving on to my school day news, the top Grade Seven story isn’t actually a story yet; but will be one anytime now.  It’s a little disturbing for me, because I have someone who thinks that she hates me right now.  Lisa doesn’t really hate me, but she is hurt, mad, and jealous; and it’s a lot easier for her to focus all of that on me instead of Michael.  Being an ultra-sensitive empath can be tough; and today was definitely one of those difficult days.  I wish I could help both of them, but I’m the last person Lisa would want a shoulder to cry on from; and I have no idea how to help Michael without making things worse for Lisa.

If everyone and everything seemed to be conspiring to push me over ‘the line’ last week; the tween drama today went a long way toward convincing me that staying safely where I am right now is the smart decision.

Moving along, it’s been cold all day with a mixed bag of wet snow and drizzle that didn’t make playing outside a particularly interesting option.  Rowen and I still hopped on our new bikes and did a quick ride around to check out the action at the lab and behind her house and Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam’s place.  The first day of work was already winding down by then, and there wasn’t much to actually see except all of the equipment and some holes in the ground; but it was still exciting.  Rowen isn’t sure how she’s feeling about having back-yard neighbors instead of open fields beyond her back yard, but she does think it’s cool that the Seagers bought that house.  Getting to watch those houses being built will be cool too; though the noise might get annoying sometimes.

Since we didn’t want to ride our new bikes or play outside in the cold today, after doing our little construction sightseeing tour, we spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out in the lounge; doing our homework; playing music; and having a little chat with Ethan and Ehlana.  Rowen went over to the computer store shortly after Dad got home, and I helped to make dinner after she left while Ethan and Ehlana supervised, and we all gave Dad the daily recap.

That reminds me to mention there was something else weird going on at school today.  Some of the high school boys were wearing pajama pants today – and by some, I mean a quarter or more of them.  Yes, that is only ten or twelve guys out of forty-something, but that was enough to get everyone’s attention.  I haven’t heard the real reason why they decided to do this, or who instigated it.  There were jokes filtering down to the lower grades that it was a ploy to try and get the high school girls to wear their pajamas and nighties to school too.  Jacob and Dillon were not part of that trend-setting group, but we’ll see if they join in before this little episode of goofiness runs its course.

Considering my earlier comment about being glad that I haven’t crossed over yet, suggesting that it would be fun to see Jake Stone wearing his pajama pants to school too – or in whatever he does wear to bed, as Rowen suggested to me – is probably wrong; but we couldn’t have been the only girls thinking that today!

Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Adam, and Aunt Leanne all came over after dinner mostly to have the first future plans meeting that Grandma and Grandpa could attend since in nearly three months; and to continue catching up with them on what we’d all been doing while they were away.  For the future plans part of the night, we mostly went over the construction schedule for the next couple of months; continued work on some of our mid-term projects; and brought Grandma and Grandpa up to speed with the latest news on the overall plan.  They had some new suggestions for ways that we could support new or expanding local businesses beyond what we’re already doing with construction-related companies; and they’re right about some of the things we’ll need in a growing town.  Maybe that’s something I’ll get involved with – especially when it comes to having more shopping options!

We spent an hour and a half working, and then moved into the living room for drinks, snacks, and an extended bedtime story-share before Ethan and Ehlana were tucked into bed by our grandparents.  I came up to bed then too.  While it had already been a long, busy day by then, I wanted to get started on my next language study; and began my nightly computing with that.  Punjabi is one of the Indo-Iranian languages, and while knowing the language will be helpful for our family business interests in Pakistan, India, and elsewhere, I actually chose to study it next because it connects Indo-Iranian and Aryan languages with tonal languages; so it will help me learn many other languages once I’ve mastered it.  Since almost nobody else who might read this in the future will be interested in languages like I am; I’ll leave that little lesson right there, and move on.

I worked on my first Punjabi lessons for nearly two hours; added another hour of work in the archives; and wrapped up with my usual nightly computing before getting around to this archive update.  It’s past two now; I’ve had enough fun for one day; and that’s all I have to report anyway, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!