Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, March 15, 2013

Cassie's Journal - March 14, 2013



Doing back-to-back after-school work nights was so worth it so we could enjoy the great weather today!

Rowen and I even skipped music practice at lunch today so we could be outdoors instead – a decision that Lisa in particular seemed to be very happy about; since Michael spent that time with her, Tim, and Nora instead.  That helped me to have a basically tweeird-free school day; though Aunt Leanne made sure that I didn’t completely avoid that while we were at game night.

The nice weather also helped make the work and tests in our classes easier for most of us to deal with; though we always have at least a few classmates who get worked up about tests in subjects they have trouble with.  We’re still playing snow days catch-up, so we won’t be getting to slack off tomorrow, but we don’t have any more tests; the weather is supposed to be even nicer; and with everyone fired up about being hours away from the holiday, it should be a fun day no matter what our teachers throw at us.

Rowen and I thought about taking Ethan and Ehlana out to play after school, but decided not to do that so we could ride our bikes and hang out with some of our friends instead.  Mom helped us out with that by assuring us – and the twins – that she and Alicia would take them out for some park play time too.  We did a quick snack break together; Rowen and I did our homework in my room; and then we hopped on our bikes and headed out.

While I’m thinking about bikes, I want to mention that Rowen and I are both going to need to go bike shopping this spring, and move up a size or two.  Maybe we’ll do that the next time we’re in Crystal Springs.  I suppose that out-growing bikes isn’t really a big deal, but since it is our primary source of play time transportation, and Spring is almost here; it’s something that we think is important.

Getting back on track, we biked the path around the park; spent some time at the playground that included some fun with Ethan and Ehlana while they were there with Mom and Alicia; we biked around most of the rest of town, including the new section; picked up treats at the Emporium; and wrapped up our play time by wandering around by the falls until it was time for us to head home for dinner.

Rowen only stopped in at my house long enough to grab her computer bag, and then she needed to get home too; and I helped Mom in the kitchen after she left.  The next couple of hours was fun as we cooked and ate an easy-dinner; cleaned up; and then went for a long walk first before going to the Inn for game night.  Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Rowen joined us for the walk, and we especially had fun with a string of front porch visits as we went along that were a first for this year; and really made it feel like winter was almost over.

As I mentioned, Aunt Leanne made sure that I had some tweeirdness to go along with my game night fun.  I’m fairly sure that Aunt Leanne hasn’t caught the dance fever that’s still rampaging through the tweens and teens in town, but she was definitely fired up tonight; and happily spent some quality time working on her not-so-subtle matchmaking mission with her two favorite tween targets.

Yes, Lisa was there for game night, and no, the fact that Michael’s girlfriend is right there with him does not keep Aunt Leanne from teasing us; playing her little games; or nudging us together whenever she gets the chance.  While they may not be hired or volunteer accomplices, Ethan and Ehlana did seem to be involved in a lot of those nudges.  Every time I needed to chase down my brother or sister, I either found them with Michael; or we were each chasing one twin and met up that way.  I don’t think that the incidental contact from passing toddlers back and forth was random chance either; since Ethan and Ehlana were the instigators of most of those transfers when they’d reach out for hugs from Michael or me.

Okay, they probably are officially, if secretly, Aunt Leanne’s matchmaking accomplices, but they’re so cute about it; you just can’t help but have fun with them.

Well, Michael and I can’t help but have fun with it – Lisa does not find any of that funny or entertaining at all; and her annoyance level went up a notch or two with every hug, smile, and laugh.  I don’t like being responsible for upsetting someone, but all of the tween drama with Lisa really boils down to one little problem that I can’t do anything about – how Michael feels about her; and me.

Dad needed to get home after the games were finished, so I was able to make a quick exit, and after helping Mom with getting Ethan and Ehlana into bed; she and I did a long Magi lesson that was probably going to be our last until after March Break.  That kept me from getting started on my studying until eleven-thirty; and I started that out by getting the archive homework out of the way that Mom gave me to go along with the lesson.

Mom had gone to spend some time with her Jacuzzi after my lesson, and Dad stopped in to say goodnight to me on his way to bed – and to give me a little heads up about a birthday surprise that he and Aunt Leanne had planned.  He wouldn’t give me the details, but advised me that I’d need to give Mom her birthday present at breakfast in the morning; so I’ll take a wild guess that means that we won’t be together for her birthday on Sunday.  Since we’ve been together for all of her birthdays since I was born, that feels a bit weird; but I’m sure that whatever they’ve planned for Mom will be great; and hopefully give her a fun break from all of her responsibilities around here.

That news flash didn’t change my study plan, and I went back to work after Dad went downstairs again.  My archive work took an hour and a half; I spent another hour wrapping up the last bit of work I wanted to do with my Javanese and Malagasy language studies; and then I only did a quick email and news check before writing up this journal entry.  I really need to get to sleep now, and I can hardly wait to find out what Mom’s big birthday surprise is going to be.  Whatever it is, I’m sure it will make for a great start to our last school day before we start March Break!

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!