Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, September 10, 2012

Cassie's Journal - September 9, 2012

It’s been getting cool at night, which means that we need to dress warm for Tai Chi by the river; but having a cooler day yesterday was good for working, and we’ve had a beautiful, warm Sunday.

That worked out great for Rowen and me; since we were having a play day. Now that summer was over, her parents were cutting back to six days a week at the store too; and we celebrated that with a barbeque lunch at their house that included Rowen’s grandparents, our family, and a few friends.

Not having the store open didn’t mean no work on Sundays for Rowen’s parents anymore than keeping office hours from Monday to Friday meant that my Dad played all weekend. Rowen and I helped with the lunch clean-up, but then we took Ethan and Ehlana to play at the park while our favorite adults all got on with their respective afternoon plans. There were some picnics going on at the park, so there were lots of kids to play with; though that also meant that Ethan and Ehlana had to take shorter turns on the swings, and wait in small queues to go down slides that Rowen and I had to team up for with one of us at each end of the slide. I can tell you for sure that my brother, sister, and I all inherited a streak of daredevil in us. They have no fear of anything at the playground. My own tendencies toward adventure don’t extend to them, though, and I now have a pretty good idea what Mom probably went through with me when I was their age. (And probably still does; considering some of our recent adventures.)

We ended up playing with Ethan and Ehlana straight through until Rowen needed to go home at five; and then I helped Mom, Grandma, and Aunt Leanne with making dinner while Grandpa and Uncle Adam played with Ethan and Ehlana; and Dad finished up his work in the office. The dinner conversation included everything from future plans to upcoming trips to Arizona. After eating and cleaning up, we moved into the living room to watch some television and just enjoy a couple of quiet hours together, and then Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Adam, and Aunt Leanne left when it was time for Ethan and Ehlana to go to bed.

I came up to my room after the twins were tucked in for the night, but I’ve been busy with some Jacuzzi time, and a lot of computing that’s included my usual nightly checks; some archive studying; and an hour immersed in Portuguese. It’s heading toward twelve-thirty; there isn’t anything else to report; and I’ve had enough fun for today, so...

...say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”