Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Cassie's Journal - September 24, 2012


You won’t be surprised to find out that my top school news was our first music class where we really started learning how to play our chosen instruments.  Aunt Leanne is sure that’s because of the saxophone player I’m sitting beside.  That is partly true, but only because Michael knows a lot about music, and is helping me even though playing the saxophone is new to him too.  Anyway, we, as a group, aren’t exactly making music right now; but we did have a lot of fun trying today!

As usual, the Monday morning gossip network was all about football for the boys; and weekend updates on just about everything for the girls.  Our football team had a big away game win at Sweetwater Ponds with a fifty-six to twenty-seven win.  They’ll be on the road again this Friday, and only have one home game in the next four weeks.  I’ll skip the recap on the girls’ gossip, except to mention that Sally Reynolds handed out invitations for her birthday party today.  The big news there is that she’s having her first boy-girl birthday party.  Since she was the first kid in Witch Falls to invite me to a birthday party, I won’t hold that against her; but I’m sure that’s going to be another weird day for Rowen and me.

There isn’t much else to report from school, and after getting home and having a snack with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana; Rowen and I went up to the lounge to get our homework done.  Rowen signed out a flute again, and that’s another advantage for her choice – it’s small enough to be tucked into her computer bag; while I’ll have an extra case to carry.  Since I had a healing lesson tonight, I didn’t sign out a saxophone, but we’re both thinking about using part of our lunch hours on our Day Two schedule to practice in the music room.  That way we’ll get some practice time in every day.

It didn’t take long to get our homework done, thanks to a little Magi power, but we stayed upstairs and mostly just talked and listened to music for a while before collecting Ethan and Ehlana on our way out; and walking over to the park.  Our first stop was the bleachers at the football field, where my adorable little brother and sister continued to wrap every girl there around their little fingers; and probably more than a few of the boys.  I should probably be suspicious that they’re also working for Aunt Leanne’s matchmaking service, but it’s just too funny to watch them when Ethan runs off to join the football game, or Ehlana needs hugs from Michael when he returns her adventurous twin, to be upset that they might have an ulterior motive.

While I’d have rather spent all of our time at the playground, Rowen wanted to watch the football game but didn’t like seeing some of the sidelines action.  She had at least one more temporary crossover moment; and I have a feeling that she was thinking a lot about what she could do with her Magi gifts right about then if only we didn’t have all of those pesky Magi Council rules.  I wish I could do more to help Rowen with that, but I can’t tell her what Ethan, Ehlana, and I know about her future.  Since she really is going to be my best friend forever, we know more about her future than most, but we’re still talking about what’s meant to be; and though that can change, I am sure that Rowen’s not meant to know about her future the way that my brother, sister, and I are meant to know so much of ours.

So we watched football and talked with Rebecca, Jenny, and some of the other girls for about forty-five minutes, and then took Ethan and Ehlana to the playground for some swing and slide action until we needed to be home for dinner.  Rowen went on from out house to the store after picking up her computer bag, and I helped Mom with making dinner while Ethan and Ehlana supervised and played with their iPads.  Dad joined in to help out after getting home a bit late from the office, and then we had to hurry through dinner and the cleanup so we were ready when Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne came over.

Mom did the healing lesson with Uncle Adam and me first, and then we all moved into the office for a family business and future plans meeting.  Most of that was just updates on what everyone was doing now; and the planning was all about getting ready for the construction and work that will be starting in the spring.  While I’m thinking about that, I’ll mention that we’ve heard nothing so far from Mark or Aunt Grace about whether they’ve made a decision about the job offers, but they are getting together for at least one weekend getaway that I’ve heard about; and I’m sure they are both thinking about it a lot.  Aunt Leanne is wondering if we should do a bit more, but I don’t think we’ll need to do anything; and right now, I’d really appreciate it if Aunt Leanne would just stop her matchmaking efforts entirely for a while.

Yeah, I know; there’s zero chance of that happening.  Fortunately for us, the odds of getting another doctor in town are quite a bit higher!

The meeting wrapped up by a bit after ten.  Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne went home then, and Mom, Dad, and I did the bedtime snack and story with Ethan and Ehlana before tucking them in for the night.  I came up to my room after that, and have been working on my usual nightly computing; the archive reading Mom assigned me from the healing lesson; and an hour of high-speed language studying.  It’s heading toward one-thirty, and I’ve had enough fun for today; so it’s time to wrap this up and get some sleep.

Say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”