Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, September 7, 2012

Cassie's Journal - September 6, 2012

It’s definitely starting to feel like our usual routine is clicking into place today. The return of game night at the Inn to our Thursday night schedule definitely played a part in that, but so did a repeat of our Day Two classes; the second work night of the week for Rowen and me; having Alicia resume her part-time job with Mom; and the easy-dinner night that usually went along with going out to play with our friends on Thursday nights.

There isn’t really much to report from school today. Rowen and I are settling into our work a bit more quickly than some of our classmates; but having Mrs. Warren for a second year does also mean that we all know what to expect – and what she will and won’t put up with in her classroom. While I mentioned already that our subject reviews are speeding along faster this year; we don’t need to do reviews in every class. For instance, we’re not starting out with a keyboarding – or typing – module in computers. It’s assumed that we’re all reasonably proficient now; and we’ve jumped right into learning how to use a fairly cool graphics and animation program. The guys all really like that subject now; since animation is a lot more fun than learning about ones and zeroes; or any of the basic computing we’ve been taught.

A new dynamic that’s showing up this year is the groups of couples that travel together between classes; hanging out together at lunch, and before and after school. It’s not like I haven’t noticed that going on with the teens at school ever since starting here near the end of Grade Four, but it’s definitely more than a little strange for Rowen and I now that it’s hit our class. We talked about it a bit tonight – chatting on our computers after getting home from game night and going to bed. Rowen feels a lot like she did before I moved here; except in reverse. Before, she always felt held back; which we were, and still are. Now we’re the ones behind the rest of our classmates, and while they may all be oblivious to how that makes us feel; it’s something that Rowen and I are thinking about, and dealing with, a lot.

No, I don’t think we’re in imminent danger of crossing over. We’d just like to be able to hang out with the rest of our classmates without the tween drama; wishing we weren’t around for most of the girl talks; and definitely not seeing any of our friends making out around their lockers, or some out-of-the-way corner of the school or yard.

I also really hope that isn’t going to be a daily part of my journal; but it does seem to make the highlights far too regularly over the past few months. Unfortunately, before I change the subject, I should note that there were two additions to the usual kid/teen game night gang. It seems that Vanessa and Nora have suddenly become interested in playing games too; though they haven’t been there even once since Mom and I started going. They made it fairly obvious that the games they were interested in playing didn’t include cards, darts, or the rest; and only required the additional participation of two other contestants – Michael and Tim.

The only reason I mention this is because Aunt Leanne had a few quiet comments for me tonight, and I really wish she’d stop teasing me about Michael – or any other boys. That, more than anything else, has me seriously considering offering to stay home and babysit Ethan and Ehlana instead of going to future game nights. At least she didn’t try to nudge me between Michael and Vanessa; though that might have been more because I made a conscious effort not to be in a position for her to do that.

I’ve written more than enough on that topic. Let’s move on.

The game night championships didn’t come home with anyone in my family – or Rowen’s. Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne came in third, while Mom, Dad, Grandpa, and Grandma were all handicapped from keeping up with two busy little toddlers. Kyle Landry and Doug Warren won the junior championship, with Jake and Stephanie a close second. There were some jokes about the boys using game night as a warm-up for the football game tomorrow night; but I seriously doubt that winning game night will even be a top ten motivator for Kyle or Doug. I’d suggest a couple of possibilities for number one on their lists, but again, I’ve had enough of that sort of thing for one night.

Once we got home again, I did the bedtime routine with Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana, and then Mom and Dad went downstairs again to do some work in the office; while I came up to my room and got ready for bed. I’ve already mentioned that Rowen and I were chatting on our computers, but I’ve also been doing my usual nightly computing; some language studies; and an hour of reading in the archives. That’s all added up to yet another late night, so I’m going to wrap this up and shut down my computer.

Say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”

P.S. If my new journal closing line isn’t familiar to you; Google Burns and Allen. They’re amazing!