Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Cassie's Journal - September 29, 2012


Happy 12th Birthday, Michael!

There’s a lot to write about today, but I’ll start with the one piece of news that’s been on my mind since this morning.

We – I – didn’t want to risk messing up Michael’s reputation on his big day, so Ethan, Ehlana, and I took his gift over to him right after breakfast.  That worked out fine, especially since it was just him, Jake, and Rebecca there; and he liked the video games we’d picked out for him too.  Since he had thank-you hugs for Ethan and Ehlana, I’m sure they sensed what I did when Michael’s hand touched mine when I gave him the gifts and cards; but I seriously doubt it had the same impact on them as me.

More than anything else for his birthday, Michael wanted to spend the day with me.

I certainly wasn’t expecting that, and I’m definitely not ready to handle it yet either.  It took more than a little self-control to stay and finish our little visit, but I managed; and Ethan and Ehlana helped me by keeping Michael, Jake, and Stephanie busy until we could reasonably make our escape – I mean head home and get started on the yard work.

Thankfully, the yard work kept me busy almost all day, though that didn’t stop me from thinking a lot about what I’d sensed so strongly from Michael.  I can’t keep anything like that from Mom, but she waited until after dinner to have a little girl chat with Ehlana and me while Dad and Ethan had some ‘guy time’.  My biggest problem with this boils down to the fact that I don’t want to hurt Michael, and have no idea how I’m going to keep from doing that when I’m not interested in him – or any other boys – the way he’s interested in me.  Mom had some suggestions that might help, but she didn’t exactly have any pre-teen romance issues to deal with when she was growing up; and I’m really not sure that anything I do, short of crossing over, will make any difference.

No, I’m not going to make that jump for anyone until I’m ready for it – which I am not.

I wasn’t ready to talk about this with Rowen, but then she had other news for me when we had a little computer chat a little while ago after she got home from spending the evening with her family.  Michael was having his birthday party at home, but had dinner with his friends at the Inn.  The big news that Rowen witnessed first-hand while at the Inn with her parents, grandparents, and brother was that Vanessa just happened to be there for dinner with Nora and two of their friends too; and she rather publicly delivered a birthday gift, hug, and kiss to Michael while she was there.  Apparently most of the girls thought that was adorable, while Rowen was sure that Michael was not happy about it at all – especially when his buddies all started razzing him, and Miranda teased him about being crushed that he didn’t need birthday kisses from his Mommy anymore.

Considering all of the teasing I’ve been getting from Aunt Leanne over the past few months, I can definitely relate and commiserate.  Rowen told me that Vanessa looked very happy with the results of her little birthday surprise, which must either mean that my perspective on this type of thing is completely warped; or she doesn’t know Michael as well as she thinks she does.  While we’re on that line of thought, I know that cologne and after-shave are popular gifts for girls to give guys, but I can’t help but think that nothing says I love you more than a present that strongly suggests that you don’t smell particularly good; and need to do something about it.

Yeah, I know, but even if part of that sentiment is because I haven’t crossed over yet, I really don’t expect to change my opinion on the subject.  It’s one thing to help someone with perfume or cologne choices, but something else entirely to choose how you think they should smell.

I’ve had enough of that for today, so let’s move along.

As I mentioned, we spent most of the day doing yard and house work.  Mom and Alicia did most of the work in the house while Dad and I were busy outside.  We haven’t needed to deal with cleaning up leaves much yet, but there was still a lot of work to be done with the gardens; we washed the van and truck; did a bit of minor repair work on the dock; and took care of the rest of the usual chores.  We only stopped for lunch and a couple of short breaks until finishing up at around four o’clock, and then I had time for a long, hot shower before helping Mom with making dinner.

The girl chat time was followed by a short Magi lesson that Dad and Ethan joined us for, and then we watched a movie together before going to bed.  I’ve been working on my computer since then, mostly trying to keep busy and tire myself out.  The chat with Rowen didn’t exactly help settle me down, and neither did my language studies.  Go figure, but the book I picked to read had a sweet teen romance tucked into what was otherwise a fairly decent mystery.  My Portuguese writing practice was a book report that I thought was pretty good despite a little side-trip discussing the inundation of sex and romance that seems to be unavoidable and everywhere.

Don’t believe me?  Mom and Dad are not currently playing board games in their room.  Yet another reason for me to keep distracted with anything else!

Writing about all of this isn’t really helping either, so I’m going to wrap this up and move on to something mind-numbing – like random YouTube videos.  Maybe that’ll work.

Say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”