Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Cassie's Journal - September 23, 2012

I didn’t mention it yesterday, but it’s definitely felt like we’re heading into Fall this weekend.  It was downright frosty this morning when we went outside for Tai Chi by the river.  The good weather news for this week is that it’s going to get hot again, but then there’s supposed to be rain coming along with the warm.

The weather didn’t really affect my day much except for dressing more warmly.  Other than Tai Chi, church, and an afternoon visit to the park; I didn’t even go outside much.  Rowen and I spent most of the afternoon in the lounge.  We got our homework done right after lunch; played around with the saxophone and flute; and had a long telepathic chat with Ethan, Ehlana, and Mandy.  The trip to the park was mostly because the Ethan and Ehlana wanted to get outside for some fresh air, and then we walked Rowen over to her house and had a quick visit with her parents before going home in time for me to help Mom and Grandma with making dinner.

Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam were booked for dinner with his family today, so we had Grandma and Grandpa to ourselves; and I was spared any more teasing about either saxophones or the potential love connections with other saxophonists.  I was a bit surprised that Grandpa didn’t have a few jokes, but maybe he isn’t any more interested in thinking about me getting into the dating game than Dad is.  Whatever the reason, I’m glad that the dinner conversation was mostly about the family business work going on around town and Grandma and Grandpa’s travel plans for their trip to Arizona.  It’s hard to believe that they’ll be heading south in just over three weeks!

Mom’s keeping a record of the work going on around Witch Falls, but since we talked about it a lot tonight; I should probably include an update.  The road construction is still really just getting started, but the three new roads that mark the boundaries of the new section of town have been dug; and the water and sewage lines are going in too.  Oak Park Ave is the road closest to Rowen’s back yard; and it will eventually be a through street to River Road; though not until the bridge over the Ridge River is built.  Riverbend Drive follows the river east from Oak Park; with Orchard Place completing the loop back to Witch Falls Road.  There will be two more roads between Oak Park and Orchard Place; but construction for them won’t likely start until Spring.  Everything for that part of our future plans is on or ahead of schedule.

As for Grandma and Grandpa’s trip to Arizona, Ethan and Ehlana are talking about hiding in their luggage, but I think they should consider talking Mom and Dad into taking them there for a visit sometime before Thanksgiving.  If they kept it to just a long weekend or something; I might even get to skip a day or two of school and go along!  We should definitely make sure that Ethan and Ehlana get to do more fun travelling than I got to do while Mom and I were busy playing hide and seek with the Hathornes.

Grandma and Grandpa stayed for a while after dinner, and took care of Ethan and Ehlana while Mom did a Magi lesson with me and Dad was finishing up his work in the office.  They went home at a bit after eight-thirty, and I helped Mom with the bath and bedtime routine for the twins.  We did the bedtime story in the office with Dad, and then I came straight up to my room once Ethan and Ehlana were tucked into their beds.  I’ve been doing my usual nightly computing while enjoying a bit of quality time with my Jacuzzi, but it’s time to get out and ready for bed.  It’s been a while since I’ve had eight solid hours of sleep, and I’m going to make sure that happens between now and morning, so...

...say ‘goodnight, Cassie’.

“Goodnight, Cassie.”