Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cassie's Journal - Jan. 30, 2012

Plan, meet reality!

When I have a spare hour or two, I should read a book or three on time management. I know that there is a lot of work for me to do, and all of that is very important, but it was way too nice a day to give up after school play time for; so I didn’t. Rowen and I spent our after school until dinner time riding our bikes; playing at the park; and enjoying the unbelievably warm, end-of-January weather.

We had a lot of fun, so I don’t regret the play time at all as I’m sitting here, writing this, at one-thirty in the morning; but I am very tired. Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne did the after-dinner Healing lesson/niece and nephew play time with us, and while they spent some time with Mom and Dad after Ethan and Ehlana went to bed, I’ve been here in my room, working on my computer.

I’ll need to work on mastering multiple languages at the same time as I go along, but I will do that in stages; and only be studying the basics of one language at a time. Since I’d picked to start with Japanese, learning the basics will probably take three to four weeks; depending on how much time I spend on it. My study plan after that is to keep building on those basics while also adding new languages. Thanks to the internet; a practice chat buddy in just about any language in the world is only a few clicks away.

Anyway, I’ve done my usual nightly computing; studied in the archives for an hour; and then spent the last hour or so listening to Japanese tutorials while also practicing writing the alphabet. Japanese written language has three scripts that I’ll need to learn. Kanji will be easiest for me, since it’s based on Chinese. Hiragana is a phonetic alphabet, while Katakana is the best choice for transcribing other languages into Japanese. My photographic memory helps a lot with learning to read and write the symbols; be even I need to practice a fair bit before being able to write competently.

I need to get some sleep. The last day of January has already started, and if the forecast holds; it’s going to feel more like another spring day than mid-winder. We’ll see if Rowen and I can resist the temptation to skip our after-school work to go play again. I don’t have anything else to add for tonight, though, so...

...live from Witch Falls; this is Cassie Proctor, signing off!