Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cassie's Journal - Jan. 15, 2012

The top news story around the church and town today was Grandpa Grant and Eleanor’s trip to South America. Only a handful of people knew the real reason they were going to be spending nearly seven weeks there, and in a couple of Central American countries; but it was the fact that they were going on yet another long trip together that was making them the most talked about couple. I’m sure they find all of that very entertaining and amusing – especially the jokes about Grandpa Grant running off with a girl less than half his age.

While they are going on a working trip, I’d love to go along. Mom has never risked taking me to see one of the archives for obvious reasons. We even lived fairly close to one of them once, though that archive was relatively new compared to some of the archives in Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. Going on trips to play in the archives won’t be in my future, but some day, I am going to get out there and see the world too.

For today, Rowen and I had to settle for a play afternoon around town and at the park. That was partly because we had another beautiful, warm day, while also having the bonus of not many boys around while they watched yet more playoff football. Dad was keeping an eye on the football at home too, but he was working in the office too. Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana spent a fair bit of time in the office too; though they walked to the park for a visit too; and Rowen and I played with them for a half hour or so until Mom was ready to take them home for their afternoon feeding.

Rowen had to go home early enough to get ready to go out to dinner at her grandparent’s house, so I was home in time to help Mom with making dinner. Ethan and Ehlana supervised and told me about what they’d been doing all afternoon – including the play time with Rowen and I at the park from their point of view. We were going with an easy dinner night; so it didn’t take long to make or eat our meal. Dad was taking the night off to spend with us, and after cleaning up, we had a little Magi play time; watched some television; and then did the full bath and bedtime routine with Ethan and Ehlana.

Since putting them to bed, I’ve enjoyed a bit of quality time with my Jacuzzi, and have been in bed with Mandy; playing on my computer for about an hour now. Mom and Dad went to bed early too, though they’ve had their shields and wards up the entire time; so they’re definitely not sleeping, and I’ll take a guess that their Jacuzzi play time was wetter and wilder than getting the twins through their bath was. To avoid continuing along that thought path, I was just thinking that I’ve talked about knowing when Mom and Dad have their wards and shields up; but that’s not normally something that a Magi can detect unless they actually come in contact with the shield or trigger the ward.

I’ve always been able to sense Mom’s use of the power because of our bond; just as she knew when I put my wards up before helping Rowen when she fell down the stairs at the falls last year. Like she told Rowen and her grandmother back then, I can’t sense what she’s using the power for, but in the case of wards and shields, it’s actually not being able to sense anything else that allows me to know that she’s putting up her protections. I’ll just happily go on pretending not to know why they need to do that for a few more years, but some day; Mom and I will probably need to have a talk about that. I’d ask Aunt Leanne, but I quite possibly will never be old enough to hear her stories about this particular topic.

Okay, that was two-days late, Friday the 13th scary! Time to not just change the subject, but call it a night. I really should rest up for our bonus play day tomorrow. Do not, I repeat, do not think – or dream – about boys and girls together at all. I am going to dream about bunnies – nice, cute, cuddly, fluffy bunnies! (Google ‘The Good Witch’ movie series for reference :^) – I love those shows!)