Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cassie's Journal - Jan. 24, 2012

Today is Lisa’s eleventh birthday. Rowen and I weren’t invited to her party; mostly because she and her best friend are official members of the already-crossed-over group despite being one of the youngest girls in our grade – like I am. She wasn’t quite ready for a girls and boys party, but I’m also sure that boys would be front and center in their girl talk; just as they are pretty much all day, every day at school. A couple of the girls were upset about not getting invitations, but Rowen and I will only be worried when we do start getting party invitations from the ‘cross-over’ girls; since that might mean that we’ve moved up to the next level too. Now that’s a seriously scary thought!

While Lisa and her boy-crazy friends were having their kind of fun at her party; Rowen and I were working after school. For me, that was homework and family business in the office until dinnertime. This week, I’m starting to take a look at the bigger picture for all of ‘my’ companies; from both an environmental and economic perspective. I won’t bore you with the details of things like carbon footprints or shared distribution channels, but I am going to find ways to make my part of the family business more eco-friendly and efficient.

One thing I will mention is something that’s been in the news more and more lately – labor and environment exploitation in poor and developing countries. Dark Magi aren’t the only bad people in the world, but Hathorne Industries is a good example of the worst that a company can be when it comes to making a buck at any cost. It’s a huge problem that’s going to take a long time to fix, but if you’re reading this far enough in the future; then you know that we – the Magi of the Light – are going to help fix those problems much sooner than anyone now might think possible.

Moving along, Alicia stayed for dinner, and then after she went home; Mom and Dad both did a Magi lesson with Ethan, Ehlana, and me for over an hour. We had a bit of play time after that, and then while Dad went to get a bit of work done in the office; I helped Mom with twin baths and the usual bedtime routine. When Ethan and Ehlana were finally sleeping, I came upstairs and got ready for bed too while Mom went to join Dad in the office. I started studying in the archives shortly after climbing into bed with Mandy; mostly to distract myself from thinking about what my parents have been doing. Mom put her wards up shortly after getting to the office, but I could sense enough before she did that to know that she was not getting ready to start a little Magi-powered computing. Okay, that’s already way too much information!

As I wrote that, those wards are suddenly moving mysteriously from the first to second floor, and I definitely don’t want to think about just how long I was studying in the archives before starting this journal entry. I do think that it’s time to move from computing distraction to unconscious and uninformed kid; so...

...live from Witch Falls; this is Cassie Proctor, signing off!