Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cassie's Journal - Jan. 18, 2012

Congratulations, Angela and Terry!

I know they’ll never read this, but since they’re Dad’s best friends from college; the news that Angela is pregnant with their first baby is definitely worth a headline in my journal.

That news moved this to second place: Happy Birthday, Grandpa!

The headlines have gotten ahead of the daily recap, so let’s back up a bit. The morning highlight at home was our birthday phone call to Grandpa and Grandma. They had a busy play day planned that was a lot more fun than my day at school. The weather in Florida was better too, but we did get back above freezing again this afternoon. That worked out for Rowen and I, and we went over to the park to play for an hour or so after school. We took care of our homework before dinner, and Rowen stayed to help out with Ethan and Ehlana until nearly seven-thirty.

Mom threw in a Magi lesson for all of us after dinner, and when Rowen went home, she and I took Ethan and Ehlana upstairs for their baths. They weren’t going to bed early, but Mom wanted to get that done before Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam came over after the clinic closed so that we could all do a link with Grandma, Grandpa, and Dad. That was when we found out about Angela being pregnant, and Dad had just found out a bit earlier when he’d gone out to dinner with Angela and Terry. The baby is due at the end of September, and it sounds like the expecting parents are very, very happy – even if Terry is teasing Dad about it being his fault. I’m not quite sure if that’s because Dad introduced them or because of the new babies in our family. There’s always the possibility that Terry has just been looking for a joke replacement ever since he couldn’t use his ‘for God’s sake, Cameron, get a girlfriend!’ line anymore (well, technically, he could again now, but I seriously doubt that Mom would be amused).

Our little telepathic birthday chat lasted for about an hour, and then it was time to say goodnight to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne. I helped Mom with the bedtime feeding; we skipped story time; and after a pair of diaper changes, Ethan and Ehlana were both soon out for the night. Mom headed for her Jacuzzi after that, but I decided to just get changed and into bed with my fluffy, cuddly, and warm cat. The computer check was quick and uneventful, and once I finish this, I’m heading off to sleep too. I love doing those long-distance links; but they do take a fair bit of power to hold for that long. I should study in the archives for an hour or so, but that would probably just put me to sleep faster anyway. I’ll just have to fit that into my schedule tomorrow night instead. I’m getting sleepy just thinking about that. The good news is that with endless archives to read, I’ll never have to worry about needing sleeping pills!