Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Cassie's Journal - Jan. 1, 2012

Happy New Year (again)!

I started the New Year with Tai Chi for one and let Mom and Dad sleep in until Ethan and Ehlana woke up. Giving Violet her early wake-up call so she could get ready to hit the road with Dillon was fun, and then I moved on to get a pot of coffee brewing for Mom and Dad before going upstairs again when Ethan let us know that he was awake and ready to get out of a wet diaper.

After a food-overload New Year’s Eve, we went with a very light breakfast, and then Violet was sent off to pick up Dillon at his house with a quick round of hugs and kisses. Mom, Dad, and I took turns taking care of Ethan and Ehlana while we all got ready for church. Compared to yesterday, it was a lot colder this morning, but we walked to church anyway.

The teens were leading a big part of another holiday weekend service; and the sanctuary was nearly as full as it had been on Christmas Day. Ethan and Ehlana did get to meet Seth Green before the service; and we ended up having Kara sitting with us after she convinced her parents that I really did need her to entertain me until we went to Sunday school with the rest of the kids. Kara stayed with Rowen and I for that, and then she walked home with us too before being convinced that going on to Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam’s house and their family Christmas was going to be more fun than hanging out with me for the afternoon.

I’m sure that they did have more fun, but I was happy to have a fairly quiet afternoon and evening. Having New Year’s Day on a Sunday meant that it was professional football on television instead of college games, but that still meant that sports ruled in the living room. While Dad and Grandpa watched their games; Mom, Grandma, and I took Ethan and Ehlana over to the park for a while, and then put a movie on in the lounge. Dinner was fast and light again, and then Grandma and Grandpa went home; Dad had work to do in the office; and Mom did a short lesson with Ethan, Ehlana, and I before settling into the living room to watch a movie.

I helped Mom with a lengthy bath and bedtime for Ethan and Ehlana, and then it was time for me to spend some quality time with my Jacuzzi. I’ve been multi-tasking since then, but even though my plan was to get to bed early; I managed to lose track of time, and it’s after eleven-thirty already. Time to wrap this up; get out of the tub; and use a little Magi power to dry my hair so I can get to bed. Rowen and I have another week of play and fun to look forward to, and I definitely don’t want to need to stop that for afternoon naps!