Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cassie's Journal - Jan. 11, 2012

While I was at school today, it occurred to me that I’ve spent as much time thinking about the Magi project, and the social aspects of our studies, at every birthday party that Rowen and I have gone to since starting that project with Uncle Adam. I decided to make sure that I didn’t do that today as much as possible; and just enjoy spending the time with my friends.

Gretchen is one of the girls in our class who, like Rowen and I, are in the slowly diminishing group of girls that still have our sanity when it comes to boys. Like Sally, her family has a farm, and though Rowen and I don’t get to play with her away from school all that often, we do hang out with Sally and some of the other girls regularly at recess and lunch. Her friends all made sure that she had a great day at school, and her mother picked her up after school so that she didn’t have to ride the bus. Rowen and I were getting a ride to the party with Patricia; but we went home to get cleaned up and changed first before she picked us up and drove out to Gretchen’s farm.

We had another sunny, unseasonably warm day; and the party started outdoors with Gretchen showing the ‘town kids’ around the farm. I really love my new home, and wouldn’t change anything; but if we couldn’t live there, a farm like Gretchen or Sally have for their homes would be very cool too. Speaking of cool, even though we’ve had great weather so far this winter, it does cool down fast by late afternoon, and it wasn’t all that long before we were all ready to go inside and continue the party there.

One thing that Rowen and I loved about this party was that there was basically no boy-talk at all except for a few comments about how annoying a couple of the guys in our class had been to Gretchen today. Unless a kid was having their birthday celebration out of town, or maybe at Quarry Lake in the summer; there seemed to be a fairly standard party format in Witch Falls – at least for the girls, and at the handful of parties I’ve been to since moving here. We played games, listened to music, and talked about nearly everything except boys, sports, and politics.

There were mixed results for dinner, but I give Gretchen bonus points for asking her Mother to make her favorite ‘real food’ meal; and though the awesome chicken dish wasn’t a hit with all of her friends, I really loved it. Everyone did love the Olde Bakery cake and ice cream dessert; Gretchen multi-tasked and opened her presents while we finished eating; and then we moved into the living room to watch a movie until our respective parents started dropping by to take us home.

Dad was elected to come and get Rowen and I; and he must have called ahead to get a time unless he and Mom just had Ethan and Ehlana look into the future to see when the movie would be over. We dropped Rowen off first, and then went home. I definitely didn’t need any bedtime snacks today, but my birthday party recap doubled as the bedtime story for Ethan and Ehlana. I had homework to get done after that, but I worked on that after getting changed and in bed with Mandy. After getting that out of the way, I’ve been doing the usual email and entertainment checks; took care of a business issue that couldn’t wait for tomorrow after school; and spent a little time working on the Magi project. That last bit of action was mostly in response to the latest entries that Uncle Adam had made, but adding in my two cents didn’t take long; and once I get this journal entry done, I’m done for the day.

It’s another work day tomorrow, but game night at the Inn is starting up again too. The best news is that we’ve got a long weekend to look forward to after that, and though Dad will need to get some work done for his trip to Crystal Springs; we’re going to take it easy this weekend too. Of course we have all said that before, so maybe I should just wait and see what happens! If you’re reading this sometime in the future, you can just continue on to the next few entries to find out what happened – I’ll just have to wait and live it!