Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cassie's Journal - Jan. 12, 2012

It finally snowed today!

Okay, so it was more like a few handfuls of snowflakes, but it was pretty while it lasted.

There wasn’t much news to report from around school today. I worked in the office after getting home from school, and had my homework and everything I wanted to get done on the family business today finished by dinnertime. Game night at the Inn is usually the highlight of my Thursdays, but tonight, it was the Magi lesson that Mom and I worked on after getting home from the Inn and getting Ethan and Ehlana fed and off to bed.

Dad had was already working in the office by the time we joined him there, and we probably should have gone somewhere else to do the lesson; since he ended up watching us instead of working on the contracts he needed to have ready for the morning. My lesson was especially cool because Mom was teaching me how to use my Magi talents to repair different things. Mom had occasionally done lessons like this with me – like when she taught me how to repair the containers I damaged when I was learning how to control the elements; but this time, she was showing me how to do much more complex repairs.

For example, fixing a shattered teacup that is covered with a very detailed pattern requires a lot of very precise use of power; and a lot of concentration. What I loved best about this lesson was the way that Mom showed me how to pull a lot of different talents and other lessons together to do the work. I earned bonus points for repairing the matching saucer to the teacup that Mom had me fix using a phase-shift transmutation within an air shield mold. It wasn’t really any faster to fix the saucer, but I basically memorized everything about it from the undamaged set that I had to use as a comparison, and then stripped everything away until I was left with the raw materials like the clay, glaze, and paints. I took the whole room into a time-phase; and then recreated the saucer, with the time-phase allowing me to speed up the entire process. Just for fun, I held the time-phase while Dad finished his work in what was just a few minutes in real time.

That only seemed fair after he lost nearly an hour of work time by watching my lesson, but using that much power does have me ready to sleep now, so I’m skipping most of the usual bedtime computer routine, and don’t expect to be awake for very long once I’m done this journal entry. Since I’m sensing that Mom and Dad have other plans for the time he doesn’t need to spend on his work; being this tired is really good for me in more ways than one!