Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, June 17, 2019

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - June 17, 2019


Ethan:

We were up early this morning to see Dad off on his way to Crystal Springs.  Ehlana, Silkie, and I had some cuddle time with Mom after that; and then we got up for Tai Chi and breakfast at normal time – even though we didn’t have to hurry to get ready for school.  Ehlana and I were planning on a morning at the lab, though; and we were there at about the same time we’d have normally been to school instead.  Our play time in lab or archives was great; we went home for lunch with Mom; and then met up with Naomi and Aiden for biking and park play time that included a swim in the river and visit to the Emporium for our snack break.

Ehlana and I needed to be home early so that I could grab a shower before we headed for the city and our appointments for dinner with Dad and the tux fittings for the guys.  We didn’t have a gang with us in the minivan because we’re staying at the hotel tonight.  We got to the city earlier than needed; stopped for some shopping that was mostly to pick up some summer clothes for me because I’m not going on the annual shopping trip on Friday; and then we checked into the hotel; met up with Dad; and then headed out for dinner with the gang doing the tux fittings with us tonight.

The meal was great; I only had to try on one tux and then get the fitting done because the girls used other guys for the tux models before making their choice for us – though Michael did technically get to have a bit of input on the final selection and pictures were also sent to Cassie; though she couldn’t respond to those messages while busy in her English class.  Michael and I were first for those fittings, so we wandered the mall for a while; and he was first to get the news that I’m going to invite Naomi to be my official date for the wedding.  That’s entirely because I got razzed by Aunt Leanne and some of the other Moms while in my tux; and Michael agreed that I might prefer to get razzed by the guys about having a date for the wedding over matchmaking from Aunt Leanne and others over the next month and change.  Ehlana knows now too, but she’ll keep that quiet until I get the chance to talk to Naomi after we’re home again.

We’re back at the hotel now; in the room next to Dad’s; and we’ve also already finished the bedtime snack and visit that Anna-Marie was with us for because she and Dad have some work to go over to get ready for their meetings and court appointments tomorrow.  That seems a bit weird, but Anna-Marie is going to be Dad’s future partner and successor for the law practice; so we just need to get used to the fact that she will be working with him more often as she gets through college and earns her law degree – and it will be great when she can share the workload with Dad and he’ll have the chances to take more time off or at least have shorter work weeks.

Ehlana and I are on our own in this room, but we’ve had a long day; and plan on crashing and getting to sleep soon.  We’ll be here for most of tomorrow too and have more shopping and play plans before we’ll head home in time for Ehlana’s ball practice.  I had to miss mine tonight, which might not be good for the team when we have a game on Saturday morning, but that’ll also be our birthday; so maybe some good luck will go my way and we’ll get our first win of the season.

That’s all I have for today; so I’ll wrap this up and leave any extra details to Ehlana.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

Ethan did look really great in that tux, so Aunt Leanne had reason to tease him; and Naomi will be impressed – and very happy about getting invited to be his date for the wedding.  Sure, she had an invitation anyway, but that isn’t the same – and Ethan’s choice makes it easy for me to invite Aiden to be my date while making sure that both boys will have it a bit easier with their buddies than they would if only one of them had a ‘real’ date already at our age.

As for the rest of our day, I loved the lab time this morning; the play time with our friends was a bit short because of our need to head for the city; and shopping and dinner was a blast – even when the tux search was all about the guys and the shopping was more for Ethan than Mom and me.  I get to have Mom for shopping on Friday while Ethan and Aiden will pretend to be too cool to go along on the annual trip this year; so that works out for all of us.

Our plans for tomorrow are a bit fluid, so I’ll keep you posted on that; and Anna-Marie might come home with us instead of staying in the city all week and heading home with Dad on Friday.  We’ll miss a chance for lab play time tomorrow, and that won’t be an option for me on Friday either; but I’ll try to work that into my schedule a bit better for Wednesday and Thursday – even if that means giving up a bit of play time with our friends.

I’ll have to keep you posted on how that goes for me too, but that’s all of the news I have for today too; so it’s time to wrap it up; and move on to the napping part of our adventure in the city.

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!