Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, August 7, 2015

Cassie's Journal - August 6, 2015



Congratulations to the Byrd family – it’s a boy!

Alex Byrd’s birth today was the top news story around town today; and of some interest to our family too because Alex will be one of Brianna’s classmates when they eventually start school in about five years.  You might be wondering if Ethan, Ehlana, and I see more for their future, but while the answer to that is definitely ‘yes’; we won’t be passing any of that information on to anyone else anytime soon.  Since they’re both very young, and it’s possible that my teen journals will be available for other Magi to read before they’re adults, that’s all I have for the subject; so let’s move along to the rest of the update.

Tai Chi by the river and breakfast helped to get our day off to a good start; Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I met up as soon as we were ready to go and biked out to the Parker farm for the football workout; and then Rowen and I mostly hung out with Sally and some of the other girls that came to the workout too while the boys played – I mean trained – for an hour and a half.  Tim had a good turnout of the younger farm teens again; yet didn’t get any of the senior players again – including Ray Parker.  He was there, but chose to work instead while Joshua was hosting the workout.  That surprised me a bit, since he’s very likely to be our quarterback this season, but most of the farm guys need to make up that lost work time; so maybe he just couldn’t do that today.  I’ll add that Tim’s getting a bit annoyed about the lack of interest for extra training with the senior players, leave it there; and reserve judgment on how that works out for them – and for our team.

Michael needed to get back to the Inn via a stop at home for a shower and change once we were back in town again.  Rowen and Tim were doing their own things after that too; so I went onto kid control duty while also helping out around home and setting up tents for our camping adventure plans.  Ethan and Ehlana were happy to help me out with that, and they did help as much as they could while out in public; pulling tents out to the river in a wagon and doing little jobs like setting out tent poles and pegs where I needed them.  We had a bit of play time here and there too, including while Michael was on his break; and Rowen and Tim came over in time to join us for an easy-dinner before Rowen and I needed to get to our ball practice and Tim met up with a bunch of guys for a football scrimmage.

It was too busy at the Inn for Michael to get away for that football action too; but he met up with us back at my house in time for the start of the campfire.  Our ball practice was good, but some of our team mates are not very motivated right now.  I’m not really worried about that, but Rowen and I don’t plan on slacking off for the rest of the season just because we’ve already earned our spot in the championship game.  Tim’s football scrimmage was more interesting because he was able to get a much better picture of how well his younger potential team mates are doing.  He was happy to see that most of the guys training with him most days are better than the guys that aren’t doing any extra work right now; but we’ll again need to wait and see how that works out once the official training camp opens.

While Rowen and I didn’t pay any attention to that scrimmage while busy with our own practice; we did hear about it at the campfire.  With that training camp now just about two and a half weeks away from starting; I don’t need to use my Sight to predict that football will be a top chat choice for the guys for the rest of the summer.  Tim would likely suggest that Rowen and I just didn’t give him and Michael something better to do, and while I would have been good with a tent mate swap tonight to help him out with that; they have Ethan and Aiden in their tent tonight; and Rowen and I have Ehlana and Naomi for our cuddle buddies.

That isn’t a problem for the other teen couples; and that’s the real reason that Tim made more jokes about that sort of thing than usual.  He at least saved them up for after Michael and I had the four younger kids tucked into their sleeping bags for the night; though there’s a very good chance that Naomi would have agreed with him – and offered to do a tent mate swap anyway – even if that meant two pairs of pre-schoolers in one tent and two teen couples in the other.

No, that wouldn’t have worked for me; since I don’t think that making out with my boyfriend is a spectator sport – even if the spectators were our best friends.  That just is not going to happen; though I can hear Tim’s future jokes about that statement when he reads this journal someday in the future.  Go ahead and laugh, Tim, but your girlfriend feels the same way about that as I do; so live with the faux disappointment.

The campfire was fun.  Michael and I provided most of the music; Lucas and Rebecca were top storytellers for the kids until they went to bed; and we each took turns at scary stories after that until we put the fire out at twelve-thirty.  There were two swims tonight too – the first when we got back from the school; and the second after the campfire ended.  Swim number two was at least a partial diversion for some of us while Rebecca and Lucas, and Jenny and Joel, moved on to co-ed camping.  Emma and Kylie had been invited too, and they went with us for that swim; but then they turned in after that while Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I stayed up later and talked until nearly two while cuddling on two of the benches.

It was definitely time to get ready for bed after that, though; and I’m only doing this update and an email check before packing up my computer and getting some sleep.  We’ve had a really great day, and it’s going to be busy tomorrow too; since I’m going to try and get a head start on the yard work in addition to the morning football practice; evening baseball game; and the babysitting that I’m booked for while Mom, Dad, and their usual group of friends go out to the pub after their game.  I’ll have help for that; but we won’t be doing a bonus sleepover or camping night.

That is pretty much all of the news for today, though, and I’m ready for the down time; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!