Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Cassie's Journal - August 10, 2015



My amazing amusement park adventure day started out with a nice long nap while we drove from home to the park; making up for the sleep that I didn’t get last night.  That was scary for the parents in our group because they had a group of fully-charged kids and teens to keep up with when it was time to get started on the extreme fun.

We have a smaller group here this year, since our collegians didn’t – or couldn’t – come along; Aunt Leanne didn’t want to try a two-day adventure with Zack and Brianna; and the other parents were busy with other work – or getting ready for a move into their new-old house.  While I would have loved to have everyone here with us; we managed to have a blast anyway.  Since we only have Mom, Dad, Miranda, and Jacob with us this time, we also have fewer kids and teens.  Lucas was able to come with Rebecca, but Jenny stayed home – and she was happy to do that while Joel was working anyway.  Ethan and Ehlana have Naomi and Aiden with them; mostly so they wouldn’t be the only kids in the group.  Michael and I brought Tim and Rowen with us, and despite his jokes about it; I’ll make it clear that Tim is not my date for the trip!  He did at least give up on those jokes after Rowen put her arm around Michael, hugged him, and assured her boyfriend that she didn’t have a problem with being Michael’s date instead if that’s what Tim really wanted.

Thanks, Rowen – for the laughs and getting Tim to move on from a joke that got less-funny the longer he tried to drag it out!

Oh, and just in case you weren’t really joking too – you can’t have my boyfriend! ;^)

For the mathematically challenged, that’s fourteen people, and meant that we had two full minivans; which was another reason we didn’t have extra kids.  That would have meant another vehicle and two parents driving without adult sanity support.  You might be wondering which teen couple was split up for the trip, and the answer is none because we had girls’ and guys’ minivans today.  I’d have been good with having my nap while cuddling with Michael, but then there’s a good chance that we would have been the odd couple out anyway; so that doesn’t really matter.

We – the teens – did not leave the parents stuck with the four younger kids all day with no help, and while the teen time we were allowed to have was great; we had a lot of fun with my brother, sister, and their friends.  The park was crowded right from the time it opened, so starting our play time with the kid-rated rides and shows didn’t make a difference for the line-ups we had later at all of the major thrill rides.  That first few hours wasn’t all kiddie rides for the teens and parents; and we took turns going on a couple of the roller coasters while at least four of us kept the kids entertained and supervised.

I won’t add the details for every ride and show; since all that really matters is that we had an amazingly fun day.  My favorite rides are still all of the roller coasters; the vertical towers that either drop you or blast you into space; and the freefall sky dive ride that still has me wanting to try bungee jumping some day.  Yes, I’m apparently a thrill junkie, but does that really surprise you?  I have fought Dark Magi a few times; so a roller coaster is tame compared to that.

Moving along and away from not-so-happy thoughts; we all played together for a few hours; had lunch together while watching a stage show; and then it was teen time for six of us until we met up again for dinner.  We went on as many thrill rides as we could considering the long lines, but didn’t get to nearly all of them; so it’s a good thing that we have a second day to enjoy.  The only damper on a near-perfect day was a thunderstorm that rolled through the area mid-afternoon.  We had to take cover during it, and all of the outdoor rides were temporarily shut down, but it didn’t last long; and we were soon back to playing again – and managed to be among the first in line for one of the coasters when the rides re-opened.

The meals at the park are of the too-expensive fast food variety, so there was minimal nutritional value involved; but I’m sure we all worked off the extra calories with the miles of walking and hyper-active fun.  Our dinner meal was also accompanied by a stage show for entertainment; and then we stayed together for the rest of the evening until the park closed.  The mix of kid rides, shows, and thrill rides was similar to our morning adventures; though we stayed away from the water rides so that we wouldn’t be cold and soaked when it was time to head over to the hotel.

At least six of us were very interested in the parental plans for the hotel room assignments; though I was not even remotely surprised to find out that Michael and I were put in rooms with Ethan and Aiden, and Ehlana and Naomi respectively.  Rebecca and Rowen have a room together, and ditto that for Tim and Lucas.  Are they in those two rooms in that pairing as I write this?  I don’t know; but I certainly hope not!  Michael and I couldn’t do that too, but we did get together with all four kids in the boys’ room to watch a movie; and I’ll guess that our friends were enjoying some couples’ alone time while we were doing that.  If they aren’t doing a roommate swap tonight too, I’m going to have something to say to Rebecca and Rowen in the morning; since one of them could have stayed with Ehlana and Naomi instead so that Michael and I could have cuddled together all night.

By the way, when you read this someday in the distant future, Naomi, I love you; and really appreciate the entertainment you provide as you continue to lay claim to Ethan as your future boyfriend and husband.  I doubt that you’ll have forgotten, so for everyone else reading this; I’ll mention that Ethan and Naomi were adorable as they cuddled together during the movie – and fell asleep together.  Mom and Miranda both took pictures of that when they checked in with us after going out to the hotel piano bar for drinks; and sent those pictures on to Liz and Hannah.  I’m sure that it was just random chance that those pictures didn’t show the rest of us in the room, or that Ehlana and Aiden were in the bed and sleeping too.

Looking so adorable as they slept did not keep Dad and Jacob from moving Ehlana and Naomi to our room before heading to bed too; so that was the end of my coddle time with Michael too.  Before I wrap this up, though, I’ll also report that Naomi had a sleepy goodnight kiss for her favorite cuddle buddy before letting Dad carry her away from her prince charming.  She had a little kiss for him too; and wrapped my father around her little finger just a bit more than he already has been for years.

There isn’t much else to add for tonight.  Ehlana and Naomi were back to sleep before Mom and Dad left us for their room; I got ready for bed; and have been doing my usual nightly computer and email checks since then.  I had a bit of family business work to do too, but that didn’t take long; and I spent more time on email than work.  After hearing nothing at all from Stephanie during the first week of her honeymoon, I had a second email to read from her tonight in response to the one I sent her last night.  She isn’t sending the details I don’t need to know about; and I’ll just be glad that she and Jake are having an amazing start to their marriage.  They still have more time to explore southern Europe before they’ll need to settle in for their first semester at two different schools; but their homes away from home for the next ten months are furnished; so they won’t need a lot of time to get settled in ahead of the start of their junior year of college.

Stephanie’s email tag with me is mostly due to the time difference and when we’re each busy doing other things; but I’ve also had a bunch of emails from Dawn, Jillian, Jaimie, Kaitlyn, and a few of the Johnson-McEwan cousins too.  For some, the messages were quick updates or responses; and others were about the upcoming holiday weekend.  With so many of the family teens heading off to college before Labor Day, we aren’t going to have the full gang home with us; and I’m going to miss not getting to see everyone for what is usually the last chance to do that before Thanksgiving.  I’d say more about that, but if I think about it much; we can’t say much about everyone else being too busy when it’s been too long since we’ve done any family visit trips to Woodvale, Granite Park, or anywhere else.

Add that to the list of things that we should do more often and never seem to have time for; and then I’m going to move on because it’s time for me to get some sleep so that I’ll be ready for the second half of our amusement park adventure.

We really have had an amazingly fun day; I doubt that I’ll ever get tired of thrill rides and amusement parks no matter how often I visit them; and I can hardly wait to share another day of adventure with Michael, our families, and friends!

Now that’s a happy thought to take with me into dreamland, so that’s all for now; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!