Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Cassie's Journal - August 3, 2015



There’s been so much going on today that I should have a nap to rest up before getting started on this update.  I’m also exhausted; so this is going to be as much of a micro update as I can make it.

My morning consisted of Tai Chi, breakfast, a football workout, and helping out with the moving crew for Uncle Nick’s parents.  Lunch was at home with Mom, Ethan, Ehlana, and the Malloys; and then I was on kid control for the afternoon while some of my favorite adults were helping out with more of the moving work for the Ayres.  That babysitting work included a lot of play time at the park; swims; and some biking.  I had help from Michael for all of that; and Rowen and Tim joined us for a couple of hours too – including one of the swims and a visit to the Emporium for ice cream.

We had a gang at our house for dinner; I helped with the work on both ends of that meal; and then Rowen and I went to watch Michael and Tim’s baseball practice – and we took Ethan, Ehlana, Valerie, and Marcus along with us for some bonus play time with them.  I wrapped up the rest of my evening with another swim once we were home; Michael, Tim, and Rowen stayed to watch a movie with me after we took care of getting the four kids tucked into bed for the night and off to sleep.  The movie was mostly an excuse for us to have some teen chat time.  I guess that it was mostly girl chat time, but even though Rowen and I did spend quite a bit of time together today, we couldn’t talk about some of the action over the past few days with kids or parents around us; so that was the first chance we had to talk about certain details from the wedding activities – and about what Rowen and Tim were doing while Michael and I were busy.

We only watched one movie because the boys have their morning football workout at the Norton farm tomorrow.  Rowen and I are going out there too, and we’re biking there; so we’ll need to leave right after breakfast to get there on time.  Tim set that up, and they’ll have up to two practices at different farms so that more of the farm teen players can work out with Michael, Tim, and any of the other town guys that want to go out to the farms for those workouts too.  Rowen and I won’t likely go to all of those practices; but we want to be at the first one – and we’ll be able to hang out with Emma while we’re there.

I’ve been working on my computer since seeing Michael out and on his way home.  I’m not including Rowen and Tim for that because they left a bit earlier than Michael did so that we – and they – could have some privacy for our goodnight hugs and kisses.  There’s been a fair bit of family business work for me to do; Dawn and Jillian had sent email for me to answer; and the rest of my usual computer checks took a while too.  The only reason that it isn’t past-four as I write this is because I cheated and did a lot of that work in a time phase.  That has added to the exhaustion, though; so there was a price to pay for doing that tonight.

I’ve skipped over so many details, but really do need to get the rest now; so there’s just one more bit of information that I have to cover before getting to that nap time.

The solar-wind farm went online today, and by online; I mean that Witch Falls is now being fully powered by solar and wind energy – or at least the farm is producing more energy than the town is using.  There will be times when the farm does not produce as much power as we’ll use, but we’re still on the grid in a slightly less-direct way; and can pull power if needed.  Annually, though, the farm will produce significantly more power than the town will use; and our costs here are going to go down.

I know that project isn’t very exciting for most people, including most people in town; but it’s been a favorite for Ethan and Ehlana; and they’re very happy to see it in full operation now.

Just because I can now burn the midnight oil – electrically speaking – more efficiently now, the solar-wind farm does not recharge my batteries; and I really need to get some sleep.  In addition to the morning plans for biking and football, I’ll be helping some more with the Ayres’ ongoing move; I want to spend at least a bit more time with the Malloys while they’re here; and Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I have Denise’s birthday party to attend tomorrow night.

Okay, that little list has convinced me that sleeping is much more important than dragging this update out with all of the details from today; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!