Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Cassie's Journal - August 22, 2015



This update is again coming to you earlier than usual; but not because I’m getting ready for hours of continuing fun.  I’m just exhausted and in need of a good night of rest.

Picking up the story from my last update; our swim time was a blast; getting warm again while cuddling with Michael by the fire was really special; and our co-ed camping was moderately hot.  The short nap between our extended make-out session and Tai Chi for two by the river wasn’t enough down time to feel at all rested; but we were still happy campers despite the lack of sleep.

Before I move on, I’m going to mention the only weirdness of the night; and only because it was an issue with my empathy.  Without getting into the details or naming the couple that was causing my empathic issues; I’ll just say that I need to work on ways to deal with my passive empathy.  There are just some things that I don’t need to know about my friends, and since I don’t have a legitimate way to explain why tents should be spaced further apart from now on; I’ll have to do something else that doesn’t include actively using my power to block those strong empathic vibes.

Yes, that would be an issue at home too, but don’t forget that Mom and Dad usually use wards because of their Magi Master kids – or at least partly because of that.  No other details are required for that either; so let’s move along.

Tai Chi by the river was the only quiet Michael and I had this morning because we both had a lot to do – starting with getting the other campers up and moving in time to meet up with some of our parents for breakfast at the Inn before they either needed to get to work or take their kids back out to farms to get to work there.  WE had lots of fun with that too, but it was also really busy when you add in packing up our things; tearing down the campsite; and getting everything put away.  The work side of that didn’t get finished until nine-thirty or so; and then I needed to get to work on my chores at home with Mom and Dad.

That gave me time to catch up on what I’d missed while busy with Tim’s birthday – including Dad’s return home from his week in the city.  There was a KidZone afternoon for Ethan and Ehlana while Mom did her grocery and supply shopping run; a dinner and a movie at Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace’s house; and a best friends’ sleepover at our house for the twins with Naomi and Aiden.  They didn’t come to the breakfast at the Inn; but did have a pancakes and bacon meal at home that would have been just as good – and a lot quieter!  Naomi and Aiden were still with Ethan and Ehlana when I got home, and I spent a few minutes talking with everyone before Dad and I got to work; but then I was busy straight through until I stopped so that I could get cleaned up and then go to watch Michael and Tim play their last regular season match of the summer.  There was a short lunch break in there; we worked through a short blast of rain; and managed to get most of the work done by two-thirty.

The Arrow’s game was at three o’clock; and I managed to get there on time.  Ethan and Ehlana came with me; we met Rowen there; and wished Michael and Tim the best before finding spots on the bleachers on the Arrows’ side of the diamond.  Our Arrows were up against the Cannons, and it was a big game for both teams because there was a chance that the Cannons could move into first place in their division with a big win.  It would have needed to be by a blow-out, since the best they could hope for was a wins-losses tie and the Arrows had the points spread advantage; but that didn’t end up being an issue anyway.  Michael and Tim helped their team out to the early lead; and the Arrows kept a small lead through to the end of the game.  It was still a high-scoring game, which was a lot of fun to watch; but the Arrows always had an answer for everything the Cannons threw at them.  I’ll predict that their championship game will be one of the good ones if the Cannons show up to play the way they did today.  Their players were disappointed today; but really shouldn’t be.  A seventeen-to-fifteen loss is tough, but they are still in the championship game; and proved that they do have a legitimate shot against the five-and-one Arrows.

While Michael’s team mates celebrated their big win; he didn’t have time to do that with them because he needed to grab a shower and get back to the Inn to help out with a very busy dinner rush.  I needed to get home with Ethan and Ehlana for dinner at our house; so we walked him home; shared some hugs and kisses with him; and then continued on to our house.  Mom and Dad had dinner ready to go by then; so we pretty much just washed up quickly and sat down to eat out on the back porch.  That was fun; and the rest of our evening has been pretty good too.  Mom and Dad had work to do in the office, so I took care of the dinner clean-up with some supervision from the twins; we went out for a walk; played at the school playground for a while; and then came home and watched a movie in the lounge.

I took care of getting my brother and sister tucked in for the night after we did their bedtime story and snack in the office with Mom and Dad; and then it was time for a soak in my Jacuzzi.  That didn’t take long because I really am exhausted; and I’ve only done the basic email and computer checks since climbing into bed with Mandy.  The only plans I have for tomorrow are to spend the afternoon with my family and then help out with the buffet rush at the Inn, but even though that might be easier than the last couple of Sundays have been; I won’t be able to do much of anything if I don’t get re-charged tonight.

Maybe I’ll take a look at that energy issue someday when I’m not too tired to think about it clearly, but it is interesting that I’m this tired on a day when I haven’t really sued my Magi power much; and it doesn’t really feel much different than being tired from over-use of my power.

Yes, I’m definitely way too tired to go there, but feel free to have fun with the question implied there while I have a nice long nap now.  The fun I’ve had for the past two days is worth all of this tired, but it’s time to crash for the night now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!