Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Cassie's Journal - August 25, 2015



This is going to be a short update because I’m really tired out after pushing myself a bit too hard today.

Tai Chi by the river, breakfast, and juggling getting ready for the day with helping out in the kitchen kept me busy until it was time to get to the school for cheerleading tryouts.  Anna-Marie picked up the pace of our workouts to something closer to what we did last summer; so I guess that she was easing us into the tryouts with the lighter training level yesterday.  Her plan is having an effect on the candidates because some of the girls were definitely having issues with conditioning; and couldn’t keep up with the rest of us.  We also started adding in more difficult and acrobatic moves today too; so I’ve made my predictions for the Grade Nine additions to our squad now – and I’m also sure that Jenny and Tammy have nothing to worry about from their Grade Eleven competition.  We still have one or two more days of tryouts to go before Anna-Marie chooses her squad, so it isn’t over yet, but if I’m right; then it basically is over except for the official announcement sometime on Thursday.

Our tryouts are going better than Tim thinks things are going for the football team.  Sure, they still have three days to get their team picked and then be ready to play their first game; but he has good reason to be worried.  They’ll be up against Grand Summit in a rematch of their Championship game; and it’s a safe bet that the Grand Summit players will be ready to avenge their loss.  To summarize Tim’s biggest issues today, the senior players are too complacent; they don’t even seem to notice that they’re being out-played by the best of the younger teens; and the more-motivated player-hopefuls might be working hard enough, but they don’t have the experience and football know-how to pick up the slack.

The cheerleader tryouts ended earlier than the football practice, so Rowen and I watched and waited for our boys again today; we had another swim after that while Tim vented his football frustrations; and then Michael and I had dinner at my house with Mom, Dad, and the twins before we needed to head over to the church for a teen praise team practice.  We’re doing two of them ahead of the holiday weekend, and while we were a bit rusty today; the practice went fairly well.  Michael and I are both going to be playing our guitar and keyboard more this year, so I’ll need to work in extra practice time for that somewhere; but I’m not going to even think about that tonight.  It’s already been a bit too much for one day – and I haven’t even reached the end of my report yet.

So much for writing a micro-report!

We spent nearly an hour and a half at the church with that practice; Michael came home with me; and we did the bedtime routine with Ethan and Ehlana before coming up to the lounge for a bit of alone time.  Michael was in need of another Magi-powered healing, and we didn’t have much time to play before he needed to by home; so I used a time phase so that we made time for both the healing and something more than a micro make-out session.  Michael went home at eleven after we had a chat in the office with Mom and Dad; and then I came up to my room again to get started on my nightly computing and work.  I used a time phase to do all of that too; which has a lot to do with my level of exhaustion now.  My choices to time phase or not are a bit inconsistent, but it’s what works for me so far this week; and I’ll just go with how I feel about it during a week like this when I have more to do than hours in the day allow.  I will need to be careful, though, or Mom will be putting me back on a reduced work schedule again if I do take the workload too far.

With that thought in mind, I guess that there isn’t anything else to add that’s important enough to lose sleep over to write about; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!