Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Cassie's Journal - August 19, 2015



I’m writing this double report from Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house tonight because Mom was talked into a second hotel sleepover with Dad by Aunt Leanne.  Since this is a double report, though; let’s go back to the near past and cover the shopping news before getting to the stories from today.

We were awake early on Tuesday morning, but skipped Tai Chi and took our time getting ready for the day instead.  That included some hair and dress-up play time for Ehlana and me; but we still managed to be at the Inn with time to spare ahead of the buffet breakfast that nearly all of the shoppers got in on.  There were a lot of shoppers too.  The final total this year was one hundred and fifty-five shoppers.  The mix was one hundred and ten kids and teens with forty-five adults handling driving and chaperone duties with help from some of the teens for one or both jobs.  We took thirty-five vehicles, which is more than normal; but that gave us extra space for our purchases – and that did allow the extra seating space that made Mom’s hotel sleepover possible with just a few passenger shuffles.

The breakfast buffet was awesome; and then we had fun on the drive to Crystal Springs too.  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I were with Miranda and Rebecca; so that was especially entertaining for us even if Rebecca would have liked it more if Lucas had been able to join us for the day.  She did meet up with Jenny at the Mall and they shopped together all day, but if Jenny was missing Joel too; she hid it well.

I could be wrong about this, but I get the feeling that Jenny is getting ready for the impending school year separation.  Joel lives too far away for them to keep dating even with him having his own car; so she’ll break it off with him by the end of the holiday weekend – or sooner; if it starts getting weird.

When we arrived at the Mall, it took a while for Mom and Aunt Leanne to make sure that all of our groups were matched up and ready to go; but then we headed out into the Mall and got to work.  Okay, it wasn’t exactly work for any of us; but we did have a lot to get done.  The clothes were the top priority; but some of us also needed to get gifts for all of the upcoming birthdays, anniversaries, and other special events.  We have quite a few of them happening between now and when I next expect to be in the city again; so that took some effort.  Tim’s and Michael’s birthdays were at the top of that list along with Mom and Dad’s anniversary; but I won’t bother noting everything about that – or all of the clothes-shopping action.

There were lots of fun highlights; with some of the best moments happening while we – Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I – helped out with Ethan, Ehlana, and some of the other younger cousins and kids.

Tops in my thoughts about that right now is Naomi.  Since her birthday is in January, she’s starting kindergarten this year; so this was her first school clothes shopping trip.  I had a lot of fun with my parts of helping out with that effort; and she is going to look adorable.  Ethan and Ehlana half-wish that they could be there with her, but the other half of that sentiment has them glad that they’ll still have another year of ‘home schooling’ that will allow them to continue their college studies full time and leave them with lots of time to spend at the lab and archive.

On the teen and boyfriends fronts, Rowen and I had fun there too – both with Michael and Tim, and with our friends.  There wasn’t any major weirdness; though there could have been if Michael hadn’t insisted that he and Tim did not need to be with Rowen and me while we shopped for underwear; and he then removed Tim from that store while his best friend cracked jokes and tried to stay to help us with those purchase decisions.  That scene really wasn’t that big of a deal, but it was memorable; and it’s a nice little example of the little things that Michael does that makes me love him so much – and I guess we can ditto that for Rowen with Tim; if for a different reason!

My shopping day was fairly evenly split between teen and family time.  Helping out with kid control and the shopping for the twins and their friends was great; but I also really loved getting to watch Mom and Aunt Leanne play dress-up with Brianna for the first time.  Zack was not very enthusiastic about their attempts at that with him; but I think that Brianna is a natural shopper.  She was all smiles and gurgles pretty much every moment she was awake; and loved all of the attention that came with being the target of her mother’s and aunt’s efforts at finding her some beautiful clothes to wear – even though she won’t fit into them for long, or yet; depending on which sizes they bought.  She’s definitely set for fall fashion now; and there’s a very good chance that Brianna was the number one shopper for quantity of clothes today.

I won’t say that for dollar value, since teens are expensive to shop for; and I won’t pretend that I’m immune to the social pressure to look good and wear clothes that are in style.  Some of our friends are obsessed with that, so I hope that I do better than some when it comes to shopping; but it’s also nice to have a part-time job that allows me to have the choices – even while I’m also an avid bargain hunter.  Some of my favorite bargains came while shopping with Aunt Leanne; and I was really happy to spend time with her today – especially after she missed our last major trip in June.

We had lunch in the food court; shopped at the Mall until three; and then made a gift-buying stop at the big-box toy store before wrapping up our shopping with a visit to Wal-Mart for the usual supply run.  There was a bit more gift shopping there too; but Rowen and I were also put on kid control to help the parents out while they were busy.  By the time that Mom was ready to go; we had all of our shopping done too; and then it was time to go and meet up with Dad for a late dinner at a surf and turf restaurant that we were trying out for the first time.

Dad was getting to have dinner with quite a gang; but the most conspicuous aspect of that was the absence of any other adult men.  He didn’t really have a problem with sitting at a table with Mom, Aunt Leanne, and six other women; but he was teased about it and added in a few jokes about wishing that the Malloy’s had been available to join us for dinner too just so that Terry could be there to help him out.  As I think about that, it’s amazing just how much Tim and Michael are like Terry and my Dad.  You could make that case for the similarities between Angela and Mom, and Rowen and me; except it’d be the reverse for Rowen and me because Mom and Angela are paired up with boys that are at the same end of the personality spectrum as they are instead of opposites.

Okay, Rowen, I’ll concede that you’re as much of a thrill junkie as Michael, Tim, and I are; but you know that I’m referring to the shyness that is still a part of you compared to Tim’s uber-confidence and outgoing nature.

We had the extra-large dinner gang with us because of the hotel sleepover surprise that was dropped on Mom and Dad during the meal; and because some of our friends were just ready to sit down for a meal instead of picking up fast food and eating on the way home.  The food was decent but not memorable; so the restaurant probably won’t make the list for one of our regular picks; but I still enjoyed trying out some different dishes even though that meant mixed results for what was good or bad.  Dad spent some time with us too, but Ethan, Ehlana, and I were at one of the kid tables; and Michael and I took care of Naomi, Aiden, Zack, and Eli while Rowen and Tim, and Rebecca and Jenny each had kid groups with them too.

Mom still had a load of supplies and clothes in the minivan when she left for the hotel and followed Dad there; but her passengers had been moved to other vehicles for our trip home.  It was past nine-thirty by then because we’d taken our time having that meal; and it was after eleven by the time we got home.  Although we missed out on the sale at home; I’m glad that we spent the extra time with Dad instead; and I was good with the sleepover plans for Ethan, Ehlana, and me too.  They stayed with Naomi and Aiden; and had fun too – even without bonus sofa sleepovers and cuddle time.

Michael and I were busy helping with the unloading work at several houses once we were back in town; so it was twelve-thirty by the time we’d finished that running around; picked up an overnight bag at my house; and got back to his place.  Jacob and Miranda were working early at the Inn and they were already sleeping by then.  Rebecca was still awake, but in her room; so we crashed on a sofa in the living room for a while before we even took my bag up to my room.  That was the plan, but as you already know; we fell asleep and stayed on the sofa until morning.

Our wake-up call came from Miranda; though that didn’t happen until after she had pictures that she sent on to Mom and Dad sometime today.  Waking us up was all for fun; but Michael and I went outside for Tai Chi by the river after his parents headed for the Inn.  That was fun; so was breakfast with Rebecca; and then that brings us up-to-date with the last micro-report.  I came home to grab a shower and get ready to meet up with Rowen for our cheerleading training while Michael got ready for his football workout with Tim and the other guys.  It was a work day for all of us, so Rowen and I only spent an hour on our cheerleading fun; and then she went to the computer store while I went to work in the office.  That choice was all about being alone so that I could speed up the work with some time phasing; and I got a lot of work done between then and when I stopped for lunch at one-thirty.

Michael was at the Inn for most of that time after he’d finished his own workout; and Ethan and Ehlana spent the morning at KidZone with their friends.  They had lunch at Naomi’s house; and Michael and I eventually picked them up so that we could entertain them while he was on his afternoon break.  We went for a bike ride; played at the park; and wrapped up Michael’s break with an ice cream snack from the Emporium before Ethan, Ehlana, and I did a round of stops to drop off our friends on our way to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house.

We were booked for dinner with them; but the sleepover was a surprise that was waiting for us when we got there.  That plan was fine with us; but we don’t need to know any of the details from Mom’s sleepovers in the city.  I was too busy to think about that anyway.  Aunt Leanne had me help her with making dinner while we both kept up with the kids; we ate as soon as Uncle Adam got home; and then we walked over to the park for the co-ed baseball practice once we’d finished the dinner clean-up.

I was on kid control again for that; and Rowen and Tim met up with me there and joined in for the toddler and pre-school kid-rated fun.  They came home with me too; and we offered a small babysitting service to the player-parents so that they could all go out to Sheldon’s after the practice for a while.  Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne were happy to do that too; but they stayed until after Brianna’s feeding – and they were back again in time for her midnight feeding.  Michael came over after he was finished at the Inn, but the kids were all sleeping by then because it was past-ten and we’d worn them out with all of the fresh air and running around.  That worked for me because we were able to have some cuddle time while having a chat with Rowen and Tim; and then they went home after Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne returned from the pub.

Michael and I had to wait for Naomi, Aiden, and Caleb to be picked up after that; so we stayed in the living room to wait for them while my aunt and uncle went up to bed – and to take care of Brianna when she woke up.  It was one o’clock when our last kid went home with his parents; Michael stayed long enough for a quality goodnight hug and kisses; and then I came up to my room after watching him walk home.  My work for the day was done, but there was a bit of family business work to deal with in my email; so I spent a half-hour doing that first once I was changed and in bed.  The rest of my email and computer checks were nothing special; so that pretty much covers all of the news for the past two days – at least for my life.

I haven’t mentioned that the big sale the stores had here yesterday was another huge success, and though I missed it; at least we’ll still have the holiday weekend sales to look forward too – which will be even better since we weren’t at this last sale.  Jacob worked all morning at the Inn yesterday; but took the rest of the day off and apparently enjoyed the handful of hours without his family around.

With Mom still in the city, that’ll change my Thursday a bit; but I’ll still do my cheerleading workout with Rowen in the morning before I’ll need to take care of the twins at least until after she gets home.  I could be on kid control all day depending on how much work Mom has to do tomorrow afternoon; but I’ll let you know how that works out for me in the next report.

That is all I have for now, though, and I really need to get some sleep; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!