Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, August 17, 2015

Cassie's Journal - August 17, 2015



Happy 15th Birthday, Roger!

He’s had a great day, but let’s do this update in order as much as possible; and I’ll get to the party part of the report soon.

Our early-morning wake-up calls or alarms came in time for Dad to get ready to head for the city; and for Mom, Ethan, Ehlana, and I to be up to visit with him and see him on his way.  We followed that up with some cuddle and nap time in Mom’s bed; got up a second time for Tai Chi by the river; and Michael joined us for that and for breakfast too.  He needed to get to football practice after that, but instead of going along; Rowen and I stayed at my house and had a little cheerleader workout and planning session that was all about making up new cheers and picking music to use with them.  That was fun; and then I spent the next four hours or so taking care of Ethan and Ehlana while Mom did her work in the office.

Michael was busy with chores at home until after lunch, but he joined us for the last couple of hours of that play time before we both needed to get ready for Roger’s dinner party at Quarry Lake.  Jacob gave us a ride out there at four-thirty; Rowen and Tim came with us; and we got right to the having fun with our friends part of the day with a swim in the lake.  It’s been another scorcher out, so most of the party guests went for a swim then too; and we followed that up with drinks and some social time while we waited for dinner.  The meal was a blast too, but the four of us didn’t actually get to hang out with Roger much because we were a handful of picnic tables away from him during the meal.

Actually, we didn’t spend much time with him at all – just a cameo moment here and there while he was usually busy with his family, girlfriend, and their best friends.  That sounds funny, I guess; but it just happens that way at some of the bigger parties.  It was also really busy at Quarry Lake too; so that was part of the problem we had with hanging out together because it was just too busy to have our entire group doing any activity at the same time or in the same area.  We did all get to swim; go rock climbing; and ride the zip line.  Doing all of that with Michael, Tim, and Rowen were the best parts of the party for me; and I’m sure that everyone there had as much fun as we did – except for maybe Roger’s parents and the other party helpers.

We all headed home when the park closed to day visitors at dark; Tim’s Mom picked us up; and Michael and I were dropped off at his house so that we could do our goodnight hugs and kisses there while Rowen went home with Tim for a while.  I didn’t stay with Michael because I wanted to be home to help Mom with the twins; I had work to do too; and we have the shopping trip in the morning.  Michael would have preferred some bonus alone time, and I would have loved that too; but not if it meant staying up until three or four to get my work done.

Even using a time phase to help with the work; it’ll be nearly midnight by the time I’m done this update and off to sleep.  Before I got to the nightly computer checks and family business work, I had a chat with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana; got the latest shopping news; did a Magi lesson with Mom; and then took care of getting my brother and sister into bed on my way up to my room.  The family business work was the biggest part of my computing since climbing into bed with Mandy; and I did the equivalent of about five ‘normal’ hours of work – with normal being at my usual, non-time-phased, Magi-powered work speed.  I did that tonight because I likely won’t be able to do more until Wednesday, and now that Rowen and I have added cheerleading into the activity mix; I’ll have even less daylight time for my part-time job.

What I really need most right now, though, is to get some sleep so that I’ll be ready for a long, busy day of travel and extreme shopping.  While I’ve skipped too many of the details from nearly everything I’ve done today, but I am also too tired out for that to bother me much right now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!