Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, April 6, 2015

Cassie's Journal - April 5, 2015



Happy Easter!

Our day started out very early; Michael, Rowen, Rebecca, and I walked to the church together and were there in time to help with the work and warm-ups; and then we had an amazing hour and a half of Easter immersion while leading the sunrise service.

We had a bit of Easter Bunny fun before I left for the church, but I actually missed out on most of that; since I really needed to hurry to get showered and ready for the day.  Mom, Dad, and the twins had more time to play; but only because we all skipped Tai Chi this morning and only had snacks for breakfast since we were having the pancake breakfast at the church between services.  My snack was a pair of chocolate bunny ears.

The sunrise service was really amazing, and the highlight for Michael and I was our duet; though everything really was special – and I especially loved watching the parts that my best friends helped out with.  Tim has a real gift for skits, and while Rowen is still comparatively shy; she had fun with her parts in the skits – and also helped out a bit here and there with some flute playing for a couple of the songs.  I don’t mention it often enough; but Rowen really is a very talented flautist.  Not very many people in town actually know that, since she isn’t interested in the spotlight that goes along with solos, but trust me; she really is quite gifted.

Let’s not go into the details of the service, since it was recorded and available to watch if you’re interested in watching it; and instead keep the report moving along.  While I loved being part of the sunrise service, we – the teens – didn’t have time to take a break after the service because we needed to get into work mode for the pancake breakfast.  I’m sure nobody will be surprised to know that Michael had a leadership role in the kitchen – or that his job was on the cleanup side of the action there.  I helped out with the cooking at first; moved on to being one of the servers; and wrapped up with some dishwashing – doing two rotations of those jobs for the first and second breakfast sittings.

All of that work was a blast even with all of the busy and effort we put into it.  Most of the teens ate on the fly, and while I missed out on it; my family was collectively at the second sitting; and some of them used the break time to head home and work on the Easter dinner cooking that was in progress at four homes.  The clean-up wasn’t finished by the time the regular Sunday service started, but Michael and I couldn’t stay in the kitchen to finish up because we were helping out with some of the music for that service – the little encore that the teen praise team did for the benefit of the members of our congregation that couldn’t make it to the sunrise service for various reasons.

It was past-noon by the time we were on our way home, but that didn’t mean a slowdown in the action.  Michael and I split up so that we could get changed, but then he came over to my house in time to help with moving our dinner contributions over to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house.  We didn’t have dinner with my family today because both family meals were booked for the same time today, and since I got to spend most of the day with my family yesterday; it only seemed fair that Michael and I have the Easter dinner with his family.

The gourmet food options that Jacob contributed to the meal did not in any way sway our decision on that – honest! ;^)

We did split our time between my family and his this afternoon, though; and we were on kid control and playing with our siblings and cousins pretty much all afternoon.  It’s been another really nice afternoon; so we spent a lot of that time outdoors; and there were always extra kids or teens out playing with us.  The Bassett-Stone family meal was the highlight of my afternoon, and while the food really was awesome; it was getting the time together with Michael’s grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins that I really loved the most.

Nearly everyone I know in town was having mid-afternoon meals so that visiting family and friends could hit the road for home early enough to not be driving late into the night.  Michael and I were on the clean-up crew after dinner, so I missed out on the packing work going on with my family, but we were finished in time to get in on the goodbye hugs and kisses – along with just a little more play time with my cousins before they were rounded up and loaded into cars, minivans, or SUV’s when it was time to leave.  The goodbyes took a while, since we’re not going to see most of the visitors this weekend until sometime this summer – either on the Fourth of July holiday or later.

It was going on six o’clock by the time all of our guests had left and Michael and I had done a post-visit recap with my parents, aunts, and uncles.  We headed over to his house after that; and I spent the rest of the evening there with his parents and Rebecca.  That few hours was all about winding down from a crazy-busy day to that point; though the busy in my day wasn’t over yet.  After that wonderfully quiet break, it was time for me to get back into work and study mode once I was home.  Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana had all done work or studying in the office while I was gone; and Mom switched to Magi teacher mode as soon as I got back and joined them there at nine-thirty.

We worked on Transmutation exercises for an hour; I took care of the bedtime action for Ethan and Ehlana; and then came up to my room to do a nice long soak in my Jacuzzi while multi-tasking my family business work.  I did the work first in case I got too tired out to do my archive homework and language studies, but despite the really long day; I was apparently still fired up enough to get everything done tonight – though it’s past three-thirty now and I am finally, completely worn out and ready to sleep.

There are a lot of little details that I won’t go into tonight – like the fun little gift exchange that Michael and I did before the sunrise service.  The only message I want to include for all of those special little moments is that we’ve had a wonderful Easter, and if filling the day with joy and love is the goal; we definitely did that and then some!

I really need to get into nap mode, but let’s take a quick look at the week ahead before doing that.  Compared to Easter Bunny fun and excitement, we should be in for a quiet week – or at least some of us can look forward to that.  Rowen’s parents, for instance, will be in tax mode from now until tax day; and Rowen may help out more at the store if they need her to do that.  There are a couple of birthdays coming up this week too, though I won’t have much involvement in Patrick’s birthday fun, and while Gil is a friend; his birthday is on Sunday and Michael and I will be helping out with the buffets at the Inn next weekend while his birthday dinner will be going on at the Inn.  We’ll be starting new study modules in most of our classes at school too; and we’ll be in work mode in our classes now that we’re starting a seven-week long stretch until the next holiday weekend.

Okay, that’s enough for now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!