Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, April 24, 2015

Cassie's Journal - April 23, 2015



I’m up late again tonight, but the good part of that is having the work and studying done for the week; and I’ll be ready to take the weekend off.

We’ve had a fairly nice day around here, and while the temperature is still a bit cooler compared to the warm we’ve been spoiled with earlier in the month; it was nice enough to be out and playing most of the day – and we even managed not to do our Tai Chi by the river without totally freezing this morning.

I don’t have all that much news to report even with all of the busy; and that’s mostly because it was a fairly standard Thursday for me.  In fact, the only change in the normal that I can think of right now is that Mom gave in to Miranda and teamed up with her again for game night and left Dad to hang out with Jacob instead.  That was entirely because Miranda had really, really wanted her game night Championship for the month; and Mom allowed herself to be bribed.

Dad got bribed too, but that’s between him and Mom; and I really don’t need to know the details – even though I’m pretending that I don’t to make that work. ;^)

As always, if you’re using your imagination on that, and know me in your ‘now’; don’t tell me!

Moving along, I had a good day at school, and while I rarely mention the actual work we’re doing in classes; I hope you understand that’s just because it isn’t news to me.  That doesn’t sound nice, but that ‘public’ education part of my life is all an act; so I hope you’ll take it as it’s meant.  I do love being allowed to grow up with friends my own age instead of doing an accelerated education the way that Mom did – especially since that would still be an act for me.  I don’t have to act at having fun with my friends, and while we did have a good day with that part of my life too; I don’t really have anything to write about with that either – unless you’d like yet another report on the usual food and football action from lunchtime.  There is a lull in the teen drama right now; and everyone is mostly pretty happy.

I went to the Inn with Michael after school; we did our homework together with Rebecca and Jenny; and then went for a walk down to the falls and back before getting to work in the kitchen for the not-very-busy dinner rush.  That was a fairly easy few hours of busy; I’ve already mentioned the only news from a lightly-attended game night; and then I went home with my family instead of waiting for Michael and his because Dad wanted to get to his homework for the night.

I’m sure his enthusiasm had a lot to do with Mom’s bribe; but let’s not go there again – some of us need to get some sleep!

Mom did my Magi lesson with me while letting Ethan and Ehlana do some work on their college assignments.  Tonight we did a long study about multi-tasking time phases with phase-shift transmutations.  Putting that into a nutshell; Mom is teaching me how to do both without hitting the wall literally – if you know what I mean.  Basically, it is possible to do a phase shift while in a time phase; but there are a lot of things to juggle at the same time for that to happen.  There would be a very noisy, painful splat if you got the mix wrong.

There’s a good chance that most Magi that can do a time phase even think about moving through open space while doing that, and we compensate for the pressures that apply subconsciously.  Doing that doesn’t change the fact that there are pressures – even when it’s only moving through air.  For those of you reading this that don’t have this talent; just think about it the same way you would about what you feel at higher speeds – whether that’s biking or in motorized vehicles of various types.  The higher the speed; the higher the forces applied on the objects involved.  A phase sift would actually mitigate those pressures in the air too; but we don’t do that because there are other, easier ways to protect ourselves and deal with that issue.

Doing the same with solid objects isn’t an option, and more difficult with liquids; so mixing the two is the best solution.  Of course, you might be wondering why you’d want to walk through solid objects more quickly than just using a phase-shift, and that’s a valid question; but my answer for right now is that I do it because I can and it’s seriously cool!  As for practical uses; all I can tell you is that there have apparently been times in the past when walking through walls without being seen doing it has been helpful to certain Magi Masters – or at least they thought that it was important when writing about it for the archives.

That little side-trip has me off-track; but I guess that lesson was one of the highlights of my day – though Mom’s journal on my Magi education has a lot more detail; and I like her perspective better than mine most of the time.  Getting back to the rest of my night, though, I took care of the bedtime routine with Ethan and Ehlana while Mom and Dad stayed in the office to finish up their work before coming up to bed too – and not going straight off to sleep.

I so need to book more Michael and me alone time!

Did I just write that out loud? ;^)

Anyway, I came up to my room once my brother and sister were tucked in for the night; got ready for bed; and then started working on my computer while Mandy curled up next to me and promptly fell asleep.  The family business work was a bit lighter than usual for a Thursday night, so I spent extra time on my language studies and then left my archive assignment for last in case I ran out of steam early.  That didn’t happen, but I’m worn out now; and ready for a few hours of down time.

I’ll be that Mom and Dad are worn out now too.

Cut that out, Proctor!

Since I’ve now devolved my mental state to the point where I’m writing a half-conversation with myself, I’d say it’s past-time to sleep; so I’m going to get right to that.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!