Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Cassie's Journal - April 10, 2015



Michael, Rebecca, Rowen, and Tim all worked tonight or had other chores that they decided to do tonight so that we can all hang out together tomorrow night and have our sleepover.  That’s why I was free for a family night at home, and while I would have loved to share that fun with Michael; I managed to keep entertained while he was busy at the Inn.

Dinner and a movie night was at our house this week, and we had a full aunts, uncles, and cousins turnout.  The entertainment started out shortly after Aunt Leanne came over after work and the baby needed a bit of prenatal attention that Mom let me get involved with.  Mom’s prenatal training program is developing as she gets more experience with my cousins and a few other Magi mothers and babies; but the level of success is quite dependent on the Magi potential of the baby.  My newest, unborn cousin is showing a lot of potential; she’s very active; and outgoing enough that she happily allowed me in on the empathic link she’s already sharing with Aunt Leanne, Uncle Adam, Mom, and the twins.  Ethan and Ehlana are fairly new to linking with the baby too, but since they are with Mom a lot; they’ve also been around for quite a few of the prenatal sessions that she’s been doing with Aunt Leanne since the baby became empathically active.

Compared to that fun, cooking dinner wasn’t as exciting; though there was some multi-tasking there.  Dad, Uncle Nick, Leah, Aunt Grace, and Caleb were all able to join us fairly early; but Aunt Deborah, Uncle Mark, and Uncle Adam were a bit late getting away from the clinic so we started dinner nearly a half-hour later than planned.  We’ve had a mostly-sunny day, but the temperature dropped back to something closer to seasonal; so we were indoors for dinner.  I was on kid control during the meal, and missed out on most of the adult conversation while I was busy keeping up with Ethan, Ehlana, Zack, and Leah.  That worked out okay for me when I also got to keep the four kids entertained between dinner and the start of the movie instead of cleaning up; and then I had alternating cuddle buddies during the movie too while the adult couples snuggled together – and usually had at least one baby or toddler to cuddle with as they took turns helping out with all of the kids.

None of that sounds all that exciting as I write it down, but we did have a really good night; and I loved the family time that we don’t seem to manage to fit into our collective schedules very often lately.  Now that all of my aunts and uncles have young kids, movie night doesn’t run late; and all of our guests were on the way home by a bit after ten o’clock.  I did the bedtime routine with the twins after that; and came up to my room once they were tucked in.  Some Jacuzzi time was an option then; and I multi-tasked some family business work and language studying while having my soak in the tub.  I didn’t actually need to do that tonight, but putting in the extra work was an option; so I did that instead of just goofing off for an hour.

That’s pretty much all of the news from the play time tonight, but before I wrap this up; let’s do a quick review of the morning and school day news.  As I mentioned, it was cooler today despite the sun and no rain.  Though it was really too cold to be outdoors for Tai Chi first thing this morning, we bundled up and went out anyway.  It’s tough to switch back to being indoors once spring arrives, and I am glad that we went out to the river; but it was too cold and the warm clothes and exercise weren’t enough to off-set that today.

Maybe that’s why Mom opted for a hot breakfast and drinks, but whatever the reason for that; Michael was happy to change his plans and join us for that meal instead of starting his day out with Pop Tarts or a breakfast bar on his way to morning weight training with the guys.  After that great little start to our day, it was time for another adventure in high school academics for the teens in our little group while Dad went to work and Mom took Ethan and Ehlana over to the lab to spend the morning there with Uncle Adam while she did some computer work in the archive.

I haven’t mentioned the archives progress lately, but that is coming along on schedule.  That means that we still have about three years of travel and work to do before all of the archives around the world have been moved here; but that’s a job that Grandpa Grant and Grandma Eleanor are happy to lead for us – especially when it comes to the world travel part of the job!  Roughly, though, that means that we’re closing in on having a quarter of the archives here now; and Mom and Ethan are having a lot of fun with the work they’re doing with those books, scrolls, and the rest as they receive and organize everything.  That work here will take decades; and we all hope that this will be the final, permanent home for the archives.  If you’re reading this in my distant future; maybe you’ll know whether that’s what happens or not. ;^)

Getting back to the daily report, we had a busy enough day at school, and it was at least nice enough to be outdoors for our lunch break – even if it wasn’t exactly shorts and tees kind of warm outside.  There wasn’t any major excitement or teen drama; though Jenny was joking about partying all weekend to celebrate her first boyfriend-free weekend since last September.  Rebecca, Lucas, Rowen, Tim, Michael, and I also spent some time talking about our sleepover plans for tomorrow night, and Gil’s birthday on Sunday was news for his friends; but all of that was kept fairly low-key.  We were given a fair bit of homework for the weekend, but Michael, Rowen, and I got a lot of it done during the day anyway; and Rowen will help Tim to catch up if needed.

The only other action I didn’t mention was that Ethan, Ehlana, and I went for a bike ride shortly after I got home from school so that we could check out the progress of the work at the park.  We didn’t stay there long, and after days of rain and wet; there wasn’t much progress anyway.  Since my brother and sister are excited about the new playground, I’ll predict that I’ll be spending lots of time there with them once it is finished; and I’ll figure out a way to add that bonus fun into my schedule somehow.

Okay, that’s enough for tonight.  I have a chores day coming up starting first thing in the morning, and I don’t want to be too tired for our sleepover fun either; so I’m out of here and off to dreamland.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!