Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, April 27, 2015

Cassie's Journal - April 27, 2015



I am currently soaking in the tub; it’s not much past-ten; and Mom ordered me to skip the work and studying tonight to catch up on my sleep.  Apparently, my Magi-powered self-healing this morning didn’t fool her at all.  No, that isn’t a surprise; but then I don’t think that I would have done much work tonight anyway.  I really am still worn out.  Since I missed any details from the action on Sunday; let’s get this report started with the fun on Sunday morning and go from there.

Dad was totally outnumbered for morning Tai Chi and breakfast, and while Michael helped him out with that while we exercised; he went back home for the better breakfast and to hang out with Ryan.  Tai Chi was by the river, and Sophia came out to watch us while Naomi and Ehlana did their own workout and Michael and I went with the long form that Mom and Dad chose for the day.  Our breakfast wasn’t Jacob Stone spectacular, but it was pancakes and bacon; so I was good with the plan.  Ehlana, Naomi, Sophia, and I had fun with getting ready for church between our workout and breakfast; and then I helped out with the clean-up before it was time to go.

Mother’s Day is next up for the big events at church, and the kids and teens started working on that during Sunday school this week.  While craft gifts are a big part of that action; some of us will also be participating in the service; so there was some work going on for those skits and scripture readings.  The service today was only slightly longer than average, so we were set free and able to get on with our day with lots of time to get home and do a few things before lunchtime.  Naomi and Sophia went home with their own families after church; we got Ethan back; and Mom and Dad were planning on spending the afternoon with us.

The family play day plan didn’t work out as well as it could have thanks to a few hours of rain in the afternoon; so our play was more along the lines of watching a movie in the living room and hanging out around the house.  There was also some study time for Michael and me when he came over for his afternoon break that was delayed a bit thanks to a busy lunch rush; and then I went back to the Inn to help out with the dinner buffets.

That was a few hours of busy fun and work; but I don’t have any major news to report from the Inn.  We saw a lot of prep-line action; way more dishes than I was motivated to deal with; and I must not have been the only teen in town dragging a bit last night since the wrap-up took longer than usual.  My ‘few hours’ there were more like five; but who’s counting when you’re having fun?

Staying at the Inn pretty much until close meant getting a late start to my studies and work at home, but being tired made the family business work in particular tougher to get done; which is why I was up so late.  Mom did my Magi lesson first once I was there; we did the bedtime routine with Ethan and Ehlana after that; and then I got on with my studies and work once they were tucked in and I was changed and in my own bed with Mandy.  Those hours of study and work felt very tedious and unexciting last night, so let’s just skip the details; move on; and write about a slightly more interesting Monday!

Okay, now that I think about that, the Tai Chi, week-day breakfast, and our classes at school weren’t all that exciting; but the time with Michael and our friends or family was good for all of that too; and we managed to fit in some light teen fun here and there around the lessons and assignment work.  Football at lunchtime was on, but Rowen and I were spectators today instead of players.

The best part of my day started after school.  Michael and I had Rowen and Tim with us for studying at Michael’s house.  We got that out of the way quickly enough; and then went for a bike ride.  We had nice weather for that; and we did the usual rounds to check out what was going on in the new section of town; over at the med center; and at the park.  The kids are mostly interested in the new playground progress, and that’s coming along and should be finished in time for the holiday weekend; but we were more interested in the park trail expansion that’s in the works too.  Progress on that is harder to keep track of because we’re not able to go everywhere they’re working; but some of the new trails may be open for the holiday weekend too.  Since the crew working on those trails are using most of the kid and teen-made trails for the project too, and Michael and Tim contributed to those efforts over the years; they’re fired up about what the pros will do with ‘their’ trails.  Rowen and I are just looking forward to riding them and having fun.

The trails – riding the trails.  Quit laughing.  I only phrased it like that because Tim intentionally took that comment the wrong way this afternoon; and I wanted to include an example of what passes for teen humor in my ‘now’.  That probably hasn’t changed in the future; but you never know and miracles do happen every day! ;^)

Rowen and Tim moved on when it was time for all of us to be home for dinner.  I was with Michael and his family for that; Jacob cooked up another magical, experimental meal; and I am so going to keep Michael forever.  He doesn’t actually have a problem with that – even if a tiny part of my motivation is because I love his father’s cooking.  After dinner, it was music practice time for Michael and I while Rebecca went out to hang out with Jenny and Jacob and Miranda went for a walk.  We did practice – honest!  We also had a fun little make-out cameo too, but we are healthy teens; so you can’t blame us for being completely normal when it comes to things like that and parent-free opportunities.

We followed up the music and make-out session with an hour of chat time with Michael’s parents; and then I went home at nine-thirty so that I could get started on the work and studying that Mom vetoed.  I didn’t argue, and not only because that would be pointless.  By the way, for those of you thinking right now that you had it tough with your parents; imagine having a Magi Master for a Mom.  If you’ve lived here in Witch Falls at the same time we do; be very glad that we’ve never had a mother-daughter fight.  That would be seriously scary!

Anyway, Mom sent me to bed, so I only had a little update chat with her, Dad, and the twins.  You’ll likely think that it’s funny that I was sent to bed before Ethan and Ehlana were; but they’ll be in bed too by the time I’m finished in the Jacuzzi and have my hair dried.  I did check my email and deal with a quick family business issue that was for something that couldn’t move along without my input; but that was it for the computing – other than this report.  I didn’t want to skip it two days in a row.

That does pretty much bring you up to speed on what’s been happening in my life, though, and I have orders to get unplugged for the night; so that’s all for now, and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!