Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Cassie's Journal - April 24, 2015



Congratulations to Natalie and Derrick Taylor – you’re pregnant!

That was the big news announcement around town today.  Natalie is pregnant with their second child, and I’m starting out my update today with the news because their baby is due in December; and will be a future classmate and possible playmate for Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s baby.  Maybe I should be writing about more of the kid connections this year because of my cousin, but then I didn’t do that for any of the others; and I’m sure that the friendships they develop will get into my reports now and then as they grow up – just as they have for Ethan and Ehlana.

Let’s get to my own report, and while there isn’t anything to write about on the level of new baby news; it has been a really good day – thanks mostly to the date night that Michael and Tim surprised Rowen and me with; and the sleepover I’m now doing with Rowen at her house tonight.

Before I get to that, my day started early with Tai Chi by the river, and though we’ve had a rainy day around here, that was off-and-on this morning; and outdoor exercising was an option at just the right time for us.  Michael stayed for breakfast before going on to his workout at the school with Tim and the other guys; so that was a nice bonus time with him too.

The rain was heading into the area by the time that Rowen and I went to school, and while that set a bit of a tone for the day; there were some timely breaks in the wet for us that allowed some outdoor time during lunch and for a while after school.  I don’t have anything exciting to write about from our classes, and the gossip network continues to be fairly quiet right now; so let’s move on to the date night fun that Michael and Tim waited until we were finished school for the week to surprise us with.

Our boyfriends had things to do first to get ready for our date night, so Rowen and I had time to get ready for it – and we decided on having a sleepover too while doing that; so we were at my house first while getting approval for the plan and then packing an overnight bag for me once we’d also picked out my date night outfit and spending some time doing our hair and make-up.  We made it to Tim’s house on-time, and the boys started us out with an appetizers and drinks ‘social hour’ before we sat down to an amazing dinner that Jacob had obviously helped the boys out with – at least for the entree.

Rowen and I, by the way, do not have a problem with our guys admitting that they aren’t world-class chefs; or that they didn’t pretend to be proficient cooks.  Michael did cook veggies to go with the main chicken dish, and he and Tim both took care of the last steps for the really great, stuffed and baked potatoes; so the meal was perfect.  So was the dinner conversation that didn’t once include even a mention of football or video games.  Rowen and I are sure that was also a suggestion for Tim from Michael, but Tim gets bonus points for actually pulling that off; since he rarely goes two solid hours without talking football.

Okay, Rowen, I’ll give you that point; but I’m never around when you’re giving him something else to do that he finds more interesting than football; and I have no intention of personally testing that assertion out with him. ;^)

Moving along, the amazing dinner was followed up with an equally impressive Olde Bakery dessert that we all loved; and then the boys took care of the clean-up while Rowen and I kept them company – and had the bonus entertainment of watching Tim doing one of his very least-favorite chores.  Rebecca and Michael are both sure to have other friends work part-time at the Inn over the next few years; but I am sure that Tim will not be one of them.  Since we did have the off-and-on rain in the on stage by the time the kitchen was cleaned up, we moved into the living room and got an early start to our movie night.

I hope it didn’t permanently damage Tim, but it was girls’ choice for our entertainment; and Rowen and I didn’t pick a single space, monster, or horror movie tonight.  Tim isn’t into musicals, but we chose the new version of Annie for our first flick and followed that up with a less-girly, but still girl-power action-romance that I won’t name; since it turned out to be a fairly forgettable show.  Maybe that’ll have changed in your ‘now’, but even chick flicks are not exempt from the really bad movie group that is so common for other genres – like sci-fi films.

Don’t go there, Tim.  I know that you love them, but be honest – pretty much every SyFy channel original movie is campy, terrible, or both; and there are probably thousands of other examples to back up my point.

At least for that second movie, Tim was able to join in for the fun when Rowen and I started making fun of the ongoing silliness that was too easy to pick on, and since there were lots of scenes with scantily-clad women; he probably enjoyed the movie more than we did – even with the bad lines and pathetic attempts at fight sequences.  I’ll try to cut the actresses and actors some slack on that, since maybe it’s not fair to mention that when most of their audience probably wouldn’t be able to tell the difference; but anyone with even a bit of martial arts training would have been able to tell just how ridiculously fake those fights were.  Then again, the camera work wasn’t that good either; so I could be wrong about that.  I’m fairly sure that you’re not supposed to show that a punch or kick missed the mark by a foot or two while filming those scenes.

Anyway, that’s enough beating up on the B-movie industry; so let’s move along.  We didn’t have time for a third movie, so we watched some music videos for a while and just relaxed and continued to cuddle in pairs.  Tim’s parents had been working at the showroom tonight and then went to Sheldon’s for wings and wedges once they’d closed up for the night; so we had the house to ourselves until they got home at eleven-thirty.  They joined us for the cuddling and chat time until Rowen and I needed to get home to her house, and since it was raining fairly hard by then; Tracey gave us a ride over there – after giving us time to say goodnight to our boyfriends first.

Patrick had Scott over for the night, and while they were still up and playing video games; we don’t have any problems with them anymore – even though they do still seem to feel the need to be at the house too whenever Rowen does have me over for a sleepover.  We had a short visit with them on our way up to bed; but they’re still gaming in the living room as I write this.  Rowen and I got changed and took turns in the bathroom; and we’ve been in bed and chatting while doing our usual sleepover computing.

That’s been a bit of work for me, and Rowen’s kept me entertained with YouTube videos of worst-ever dates mixed in with music video covers of varying degrees of good and bad.  I’d only planned on doing my usual computer and email checks, but some family business work was waiting for me, so since we were chatting anyway; I took care of it instead of leaving it for Sunday night.

It’s supposed to rain a lot on Saturday too, so my yard work might get re-scheduled, but I’ll still have chores, and Michael and I are booked to help out with Jessica’s birthday party in the afternoon; so I’d better start thinking about getting some sleep.  Rowen will be at the computer store tomorrow, and though she doesn’t have anything specifically booked for tomorrow afternoon or evening; I don’t expect to see her much once we split up after breakfast.  She is hoping for some alone time with Tim tomorrow night, and if I had to guess; there’s a better chance that’ll happen for them than for Michael and me.  Since Jessica is having a sleepover as part of her party; I’ll take a small leap and guess that Ryan and Sophia will be hoping that Michael and I will save them from the gang of tween girls that will be at their house – and we won’t be able to resist doing that for them.

Ehlana will be happy to help me out with that for Sophia, so my lack of alone time this weekend with my boyfriend will likely be due to Michael having a gaming night at his house with Ryan.  I’ll keep you posted on how that goes, but that’s all I have for tonight.  I’m going to put my computer away now, listen to the music that Rowen’s still playing on her computer, and probably fall asleep fairly soon; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!