Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Cassie's Journal - April 18, 2015



Happy 48th Birthday, Jacob!

Work-free birthdays when you own an Inn are fairly rare for Jacob and Miranda; and Jacob definitely didn’t get to have one today.  He was at work early, and other than getting an extended break or two; stayed until the dinner rush was over.  He did get to sit down and have dinner with Miranda and their friends once most of the cooking work was done, and they all went out to the pub after that; but that still made for a very long work day.

Compared to getting ready for the breakfast rush at the Inn; my morning started out with a lot more fun – especially since it was warm out and Tai Chi by the river was an option.  Mom and Dad followed that up with a big country breakfast, and while Michael couldn’t be with us for either; I still had a lot of fun with my family before it was time to get to the work and chores part of our day.  The outdoor chores became a bit more challenging when the rain hit by mid-morning, and we had to wait out a bit of lightning and work in the storage barn for a while; but Dad and I managed to have fun with that too – and Ethan and Ehlana came out to play in the rain on purpose for a half hour or so.

Yes, they are Junior Magi Masters too, but that doesn’t have to get in the way of the fun that goes along with being little kids when there are puddles to jump in and lots of rain to enjoy.

Sure, it isn’t so much fun to work while getting soaked, but the chores needed to be done; and I’d rather it be me out there helping Dad than Mom.  We worked until one-thirty; stopped for lunch; and then I was set free to hang out with Ethan and Ehlana for the rest of the afternoon.  Michael spent part of that time with us while on his afternoon break, and after hanging out in my room and the lounge with my brother and sister; I went with Michael when he went back to the Inn so that I could help out with the dinner rush.

That was a busy, fun couple of hours or so, and then we stopped for dinner when Jacob and Miranda did while everyone else working at the Inn tonight took care of the tail-end of the dinner rush and closing clean-up while we moved on to the fun parts of our evening.  The birthday dinner for Jacob was great; though Michael and I were on kid control with Rebecca and a few other teens while the parents had some fun roasting Jacob.  There was also a cake, ice cream, and the birthday song to go along with a few gifts; and then it was time for the adults to move on to their play time at the pub while Michael and I took the group of kids we were babysitting for the night back to my house.  All of those kids are staying overnight – and so is Michael; so we’ve had a really awesome evening together.

I’ll guess that Jacob and Miranda are having a good night too.  Rebecca’s spending the night out at the farm with Lucas and his family; so Miranda has a teen-free environment at home while helping her husband to celebrate his special day.  Hopefully, Michael and I will not hear any details about that we don’t need to know; but I do hope that they are having fun.

Our fun here at home wasn’t of the adult or teen-rated variety, but we did manage to keep entertained; and the kids really loved getting to spend those hours with Michael and me.  Ethan and Ehlana had invited Naomi and Aiden for the night; we added Sophia Bassett to the guest list at dinnertime; and we had Zack, Leah, Sebastian, and Caleb to take care of too.  Sebastian and Caleb weren’t here overnight, but Zack and Leah are still here; so we’ll be in for a busy morning getting seven kids fed and ready for church in the morning.  As for tonight, Michael and I ran around and played games with the kids for an hour and a half; we followed that up with a movie; put Zack and Leah to bed when they passed out long before the movie was over; and then repeated the process for Ehlana, Sophia, and Aiden when they finally fell asleep near the start of the second movie.

The last two kids standing weren’t actually standing or awake by then, but we left Ethan and Naomi on the sofa in the lounge because they were cuddled together; and way too cute to move without taking pictures and leaving them there for Mom and Dad to see when they got home.

They’re still in the lounge as I write this, since Mom and Dad decided to leave them there; and I’m a little jealous that it isn’t Michael and I in there doing the sofa sleepover instead.  It was tempting to do that anyway, but waking up in the morning with Ethan and Naomi at the other end of the sectional sofa would have just been a bit too weird for me – and Michael agreed with me on that one.

Having a house full of kids to take care of also meant no make-out time for us either; though we did enjoy the cuddle time during the movies – when we weren’t busy getting kids into beds or dealing with other jobs – like cleaning up from a minor popcorn fight and one spilled drink accident.  We did dishes too once all of the kids were sleeping; had a short visit with Mom and Dad after they got home from the pub; and made some time for a fairly enthusiastic goodnight hug and kiss or three; but it was past-two by then and time to call it a night.

That’s why I only checked my email before getting to this update once I was changed and tucked into bed with Mandy, and even with taking care of a bit of family business that was waiting for me in my inbox; I’ll still be sleeping before three o’clock if I move this along.  Other than the crazy-busy morning we’re in for starting in a few hours; I’m taking the day off tomorrow except for some homework and we don’t have any plans or major events to deal with either.  It’ll be a busy day at the Inn, and I feel a bit guilty about deciding not to help out there tomorrow; but I know that I need the break more before we’ll be into another busy week.

We do still have that busy morning coming up fast first, though, so that’s all for tonight, kids; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!