Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - January 29, 2019


Ethan:

How quiet is it here in our little town?  We’re not even getting the really bad winter weather that’s happening elsewhere and getting so much attention with the snow and record-setting cold temperatures!

No, it’s just another Tuesday around here.  We had a good day at school; Ehlana and I pretty much repeated our Monday from after school play time at the lab through dinner with the parents and a work and study evening in the office.  Now we’re in our beds, and I’m ready to get started on my nap time a bit early thanks to the extra time phasing while studying earlier; so I’ll wrap this up and get to that.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

I’ll only add that Mom spent some time tonight directing some family business resources into areas in need due to that snow and cold.  We don’t write about that much in our journals, but while we help out all around the world; we still do lots of charity work here at home too; and there’s often as much need for the aid during winter storms as in the aftermath of Hurricanes or other disasters that usually get more attention in the news.

This will sound cynical, but it’s so hard to boost ratings when the reporters are so bundled-up that you can’t even see their faces – or there’s nothing to see at all through the snow!

It has been, by the way, cold around here too, and we do get snow, but that’s only been normal winter sort of weather – nothing shocking.  I don’t want to make light of bad weather or extreme cold either, since they really can be as-bad as extreme heat or tropical-based storms, but I do think that the hype gets to be too-much in the news; and we should all be prepared for dealing with the weather conditions where we live – even when they reach the extremes.  I’m glad that we’re taught to be self-sufficient – and I mean that ‘we’ to be all of the kids in our community; not just those of us with a few special, extreme talents.  It amazes me every time I hear or read stories about kids – and even young adults – that have never been taught even basic life skills.

Call me old-fashioned, but I think that everyone should learn how to change a light bulb! ;^)

Okay, I’m droning on now for no reason, so I’ll wrap this up and get to sleep too.

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!